'BIG' .......Bring on the summer :D

Congrats on all the goodwork girls :D Lots of losses,and even STS alot better than gaining. Dont worry Maynie sometimes the body goesabit odd like that, A month back my mum had a good week and ended up staying the same and was really annoyed,then she went and lost 8lb the next week! Very random indeed. :)
Really praying for more than 2.5lb loss tonight so I can get my 2 stone and club 10 (10% of weight gone!)

As you may have seen from some of my posts I've had a bit of a tough week emotionally. I feel pathetic because my life is probably the most stable its ever been. Since I gave up work a year ago I don't have all the pressure and stress of managing a large organisation but I still go through periods of irrational emotional turmoil which don't always seem to have a rational basis. But with the help of this forum I am trying to stay on track and just keep going.

My scales seem to have gone doolally and as a serial weigher I can't live without them so I'm off to the shops today to replace them. I'm a bit nervous as I'm not sure now how accurate they were and some of my clothes are still tighter than I would have thought they should be. So if I find I haven't lost what I thought I shall come on here and have a good moan :cry:. (Thinking of changing my name to moaning minnie) So my WI this week will be a day late.

Hope you all have a lovely day and manage to get out into the sunshine. xx

Judith,
It does not matter what is rational or not, emotions can go anyway. Maybe its the pull of the moon or the stars or being born in whatever month on whaeverday.
Be kind to yourself, as you are to others.

The scales- ahhhh! totally sympathise, I refuse to weigh myslef in otehr ppl's houses just in case.
Regardless, you have lost what you have lost, even if the start number and current number are higher (or lighter!)

Congrats on all the goodwork girls :D Lots of losses,and even STS alot better than gaining. Dont worry Maynie sometimes the body goesabit odd like that, A month back my mum had a good week and ended up staying the same and was really annoyed,then she went and lost 8lb the next week! Very random indeed. :)
Really praying for more than 2.5lb loss tonight so I can get my 2 stone and club 10 (10% of weight gone!)

Hanz- fingers and toes crossed for ya, but regardless you are winner!

Hanz- fingers and toes crossed for ya, but regardless you are winner!

Awwh Thanks hun, I lost 3! :D Really psyched to have lost 10% of my body weight.. Im starting to feel a difference now.

Awwh Thanks hun, I lost 3! :D Really psyched to have lost 10% of my body weight.. Im starting to feel a difference now.

Well done Hanz - great result. 10% is amazing. You are a great example to us all of what staying on plan and keeping motivated can do. You should be very proud. xx

Lost 2lb last week. :D Aiming for 2-2.5 lb this week! I was a bit naughty earlier today and had a little too much chocolate. :479: I've been good for the rest of the day though, so hopefully that'll have made up for it! Need to get a good 40 mins of exercise in today, too.

I'm excited to now be a mere 10lbs from being just "overweight." Goodbye to obese and hello to overweight. That'll be one major mental hurdle done for me! :)

Lost 2lb last week. :D Aiming for 2-2.5 lb this week! I was a bit naughty earlier today and had a little too much chocolate. :479: I've been good for the rest of the day though, so hopefully that'll have made up for it! Need to get a good 40 mins of exercise in today, too.

I'm excited to now be a mere 10lbs from being just "overweight." Goodbye to obese and hello to overweight. That'll be one major mental hurdle done for me! :)

That's great about being almost out of the obese category, I have a very similar amount to lose to get back into 'overweight' too, 9lbs :)
we can do it!

I have 11 lbs until I'm "just" overweight. We can do it - I know we can. xx

Hey guys, 1 lb down this week hoping for more next week but still pretty happy. Great news on everyone's weight loss, and nearly getting down to 'overweight'. The obese thing freaks me out, can't wait til I'm just overweight again! Oh well, on the way there I guess ...

Hey guys, 1 lb down this week hoping for more next week but still pretty happy. Great news on everyone's weight loss, and nearly getting down to 'overweight'. The obese thing freaks me out, can't wait til I'm just overweight again! Oh well, on the way there I guess ...

well done on the 1lb :)

Good morning all!
I've got my new scales and they seem to be about the same as my old ones before they broke so I'm relieved that they hadn't been underweighing me. Disappointed to find I've stayed the same after being really pretty good. I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and increase my exercise somehow.

I posted earlier about my misery over the weekend when I came to realize just how fat I've become. Well, I will be with the same people in just under 3 months and I would love to turn up looking noticeably slimmer. I've just got to try harder! Losing the first stone would be so great so just one more pound to reach that milestone. Then if I could lose another stone by end of June (10 weeks) that would be brilliant so I'm setting that as my next target after end of April. This would also fit with me re-entering the "overweight" zone.

Hope you are all having a brilliant day and remember what Dr Phil said in his Ten Laws of Life: No 1: You either get it or you don't. Those who get it understand how things work and have strategies to get the results they want. Those who don't get it stumble around looking puzzled and complain that they can't get a break. Guys, we get it, we have good strategies and we will get the results we want!

Can I join too? Would love to lose 4 stone by the end of August.
But my small goal for now is to lose 2 stone by July as it's my birthday then :D

hi, am i too late to join this challenge? i want 4st off by oct (when hubs return from tour of duty in afghan!) xx

But my small goal for now is to lose 2 stone by July as it's my birthday then :D

Welcome to you both. Just get posting and let us know how you are and how you are getting on (warts and all). Its talking to each other that I find helps the most. x

o_O this overweight thing got me thinking and working out how far im off, Looks like another 39lb to being overweight BMI so Ive decided to make that a new goal too :D

Heya Claire and Red, Good luck looks like your both doing really well so far already!

hi, am i too late to join this challenge? i want 4st off by oct (when hubs return from tour of duty in afghan!) xx

The more the merrier

Hey Red good to have another Atkinser over here. x

Hi newbies, hope you find plenty of support here over the next few months.
Judith, I love dr Phil, love love love. He is how I lost weight 4 years ago (and then I stopped listening and put on plus more)

I'm glad the scales are just the same- phew!

I am in the middle of moving house- v strange feeling, i feel disconnected right now, not sure what the future will be in teh new place. this apartment has been teh love of my life for 2 years. the other place is bigger but a lot cheaper thus the move.

TOmorrow is my last day at work for a month. I'm hoping I return to an extension to my contract, but we don;t know :( But Judith's right- its all about putting in place the right strategies.

Welcome to the thread Claire and Red. Good luck! :)

That's great about being almost out of the obese category, I have a very similar amount to lose to get back into 'overweight' too, 9lbs :)
we can do it!

It seems so much more attainable now. It'll sure feel good to be "overweight." Tehee.

I have 11 lbs until I'm "just" overweight. We can do it - I know we can. xx

Great! And yes, we can.

o_O this overweight thing got me thinking and working out how far im off, Looks like another 39lb to being overweight BMI so Ive decided to make that a new goal too :D

Heya Claire and Red, Good luck looks like your both doing really well so far already!

Great goal. I started out with a similar BMI to you (I think I started at 38) and now to be down almost 8 BMI points is amazing. It's taken 11 months so far. Hopefully by the 12th month it'll be 9 BMI points. When you think about it that way it really doesn't feel so daunting. Once I'm down another 8 BMI points I'll have a healthy BMI. And you'll probably achieve it even faster than me. I took double the time to lose what you've lost. Hah.

Back