big clothes, what are you doing?

Fitandforty2011

Hi everyone,
I am delighted to say that my size 18 clothes are too big and every day I am putting aside clothes that are slack on me. Now I need 16's but don't want to spend much as I hope to be too slim for them soon:) I have started listing my size 18 stuff (krr607) in the hope I can make a little to enable me to buy some cheapy size 16's.
What are you all doing?

I find plus size clothes do really well on ebay - particularly presige brands like Monsoon or Boden. Photograph them in a really well lit room on a dressmaker's dummy or similar - i swear it adds loads to how much money you make compared to photographing on a hangar.

A few months ago I listed 30 items, sold 22 of them, for a combined total of £600...!

Ebay is good for buying clothes you don't plan to fit into for long. Be a bit patient and sort through the listings for brands like M&S, where there's loads and loads of reasonable quality stock selling cheaply.

Good tips spangles. £600. Wow! I would be happy with £60 just to buy some 'temporary' clothes.

My big question is when to start buying new clothes... Mine are now looking a bit silly as they are baggy on me, but I plan to lose at least 1.5 stone more on SS .. So when would be the right time to buy new ones?

The old ones are going to the charity shop :)

Sorry for butting in again (clothes are my pet obsession), Trousers need to fit better than tops or jackets. Generally speaking I would get two pairs of versatile trousers that fit you now (plus undies), and see if you can string out the tops you already have / avoid frocks - until you're closer to target. If you have to be very smart for work, then you'll need new tops too - but otherwise you can probably avoid buying too many. For special occasions, borrow!

Butt in all you like Spangle :) I used to be very clothes obsessed (stopped buying them when I got bigger) but you see my problem is, when I start buying clothes,.. I don't stop :)

The work clothes have become an issue- I.e wearing a lot of dresses now as the trousers look silly bunched up with a belt, although it is payday tomorrow so might hit the shops for some interim bargains!

I'm okay during the weekends as can get away with a baggy top over leggings & that's kinda my uniform (along with joggers/ cargo pants) so can get away with those baggy too!

Not sure if this is any help at all but i posted on here a while ago about the fact i have lots of size 14-16 clothes (am now 10-12) of which some are nearly new (work trousers, tops ect...) and i really wanted to try and sell them for a little bit rather than give them away as some are really nice and barley worn. Not sure what happened to it though, i think it was removed but if its of any help i still have them bagged up, was going to pop to charity shop in week or so if i couldnt sell any!!

xxx

I took in my clothes at the waistband when I lost weight, or shortened straps. Its quite easy if you have a sewing machine. and sometimes with tops I just wore them slightly loose.
When nice/unadjusted things were much too big I ebayed them, anything I altered that was still nice I gave to the charity shop.

As it happens i've regained 2 stone of the 2 and a half that I lost, so my new clothes don't fit now but I am working on fitting into them soon.

Well done on your weight loss so far!

I'm intending on selling the good ones on ebay. But they all seem to fall apart anyway for a weired reason (maybe to tell I can never use themagain). As for smaller sizes I have a real store in my basement so for right now the only thing I bought is a pair of jeans size 16 which are beginning to be loose but I might enjoy them for another month I think.

Hello All, I'm just at the start of my journey, and over a a couple of years I seemed to bought things that are too small for me with the intention, oh I loose some weight soon but it never happened, :( Until now I'm so determined to shift the weight I have 2 1/2 stone to go. I have put those clothes away in a little suitcase and when I've lost enough, my plan is to have this surprise wardrobe! :) eBay is a great way to buy clothes cheap, especially brands you like ( 4 me it's river island). For £60 you could get quite a bit at primark!!!!

:)

Hello All, I'm just at the start of my journey, and over a a couple of years I seemed to bought things that are too small for me with the intention, oh I loose some weight soon but it never happened, :( Until now I'm so determined to shift the weight I have 2 1/2 stone to go. I have put those clothes away in a little suitcase and when I've lost enough, my plan is to have this surprise wardrobe! :) eBay is a great way to buy clothes cheap, especially brands you like ( 4 me it's river island). For £60 you could get quite a bit at primark!!!!

:)

you'll be sooo happy to do that ;) when I went digging some stuff from my basement I discovered many great clothes, it's motivating. I even had a pair of boots I bought when I could not even fit them in....now they just will be perfect for winter ;)

Back