Total Solution Big Daddy G, dropping the lbs

:wee: woohoo Mr G well done xx

So tonight I am off to watch football with my mates. I think I'm going to AAM, but sensibly.

I'm going to have just one pack at lunchtime, to keep me going, then a low carb low cal meal tonight. We'll all be out, and blokes just don't get VLCD's when I try and explain them.

I have come to the
realisation that my VLCD is to lose the weight, and repair my food habits.

When I was on Lighter Life, I did not blip until the last two weeks, when I literally had the occasional slice of ham or cheese.

And I kept the weight off for 6 months, until my depression kicked in.

My point is, I understand the
behaviours needed, and now feel able to do it. But whilst I don't want to totally abstain all the time on my VLCD by never choosing to AAM, I believe following the whole 1 week of AAM will make it harder for me to go back to total abstinence.

Whereas, if on special/rare occasions, I AAM, I think I can make it work.

It's trial and error, but this way I reckon I will have roughly 1 meal a fortnight, stay in (or around) ketosis and still lose weight, with less chance of caving and more chance of
maintenance afterwards....

Does that make any sense or am I just talking b*ll*cks?

I have read a lot on here, and whilst I think this forum is valuable, there are a few dogmatic posters who think it’s all a black and white issue. I suppose I disagree, in that I think this has to be about making it work for me, for life.

Anyway, still chuffed about last night’s result, and going to aim for 1lb a day on average from here on in. If I do that, I can have a month of getting used to regular meals before Christmas. And be thinner, hotter and happier!

Wow, well done you!!!! And if you look at my posts I too AAM each Monday :eek:p although naughtily it included wine last night!!!

But god did I pay......was up most of night with really dodgy tummy :0( .......

J x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ok, so football was a bad idea. Wemt completely off the rails. Ended up having two beers, and a burger and chips before the game, followed by a half-time pasty and some chicken nuggets on the way home.

I went a bit mental, TBH.

But strangely don't feel too bad.

For starters, I'd decided not to have my packs yesterday, as I knew I'd be eating something.

Secondly, so what? I'm back with a vengence today, it was a one off and in "real life" post VLCD the occasional binge will happen. If I beat myself up about it, it will make me more likely to fall off the wagon and stay off.

So, I am now a food free zone until a week on Saturday, my friends birthday meal. It's a decent pub-restaurant, I'm driving so no beer, and I've checked the menu and am having a fish salad.

I'm surprisingly upbeat, considering my team lost and I blew my diet.

Haven't had a pack yet today, and am not hungry at all, so I'm going to try and last it out til tea time to try and kick back into Ketosis as quickly as possible - I'll have a double shake and a bar at teatime.

Thoughts?

(BTW - the burger was awesome, and definitely worth it!)

You haven't blown the diet! You had one weak moment and you are definately back on it today.
Once back in ketosis you will be on top of it, you don't have any more gatherings planned for 10 days so by then it will be another good loss.

You're doing well Grimmy you recognise your weaknesses and turn it around, bet that burger won't taste as good as a smaller size jeans feels!! ;)

So, managed til 8pm with nothing at all yesterday. Didn't even feel hungry!

Out on a community project with work this morning, then playing football tonight, so hopefully the exercise will burn a few Kcals....

Have a thinner Thursday y'all....

Well done Big D!!! Your going to have to change your name soon!!!

Keep it going :0)

J x

cheated ever so slightly yesterday. was on a commuity project with work and the school we were doing work at had made flapjacks. They were still warm, so I caved.

Well worth it!

Didn't have my packs till tea time - that's two days running. My OH is worried that this isn't healthy, but if I'm not hungry I don't really feel the need. Thoughts on one intake of three packs a day?

Anyway, Friday is bacon butty day in our office, so as I type everyone is planning their order. My solution? No cash with me! Genuis.....

Easy weekend planned, so hopefully by monday evening's weigh in I'll be feeling thinner....

I also wanted to add that, during "special time" last night, my OH said "you can tell you've lost weight already". Nice...

'Special time' love it!!! I should ask you to explain like my DD comment :0)

Glad your doing good!!! Just be careful with the blips, if you have to have something try sticking with Keto friendly foods, like meats, cheese etc things with no carbs!

Im not really a sweet toothed person so don't struggle in that dept but I'd I do get a craving I have found a small bottle of coke zero seems to do the trick!!

Well done Big D!!

J x

Thoughts on one intake of three packs a day?

Having the packs spread out during the day keeps the metabolism working efficiently like having little and often, I personally don't think that having them in one go would be beneficial.

I don't take money to work either for the exact same reason. xx

So weighed in last night and only lost 3lbs last week. But ti was the second week.

Going to get back on track with water intake this week, and spread my packs out to aid my metabolic rate more....

Not disheartened though - will get there. I want to lose about 40 more lbs, and as much of it as possible on TS.

Well done Big D!!! I'm struggling too this week and have only lost 2lbs in almost 3 weeks which is crap!!!

Anyway, onwards and downwards as they say! London on Thursday til the 15th then 100% TS until the 29th when I have a party at mine for Halloween!! Then good as gold til Xmas!!

Look at it this way, at least we shall be half way there already when everyone starts their mad diets 1st January!!!

:0) x

totally clear day yesterday, apart from Coke Zero, which I am now accepting is not a blip!

Spread my packs out more, and then played football early evening for an hour. Finding my natural levels of fitness are creeping up, which is nice.

Then took Mrs G out to the cinema. She hadn't had much for tea, and when I offered to buy her a sundae she refused - felt it wouldn;t be fair.

Then she saw the hotdogs and started drooling, so I made her have one.

Never has a ground-up mass of pigs eyelids, arseholes and testicles smelled so good.But I didn't cave.

Saw Crazy Stupid Love, and highly recommend it.

Speaking of which - Triage - your profile pic makes you look a little like Julianne Moore....

Anyway, doing ok today, but the weatehr seems to be making me want to eat. You know - miserable day, so want something with mash and gravy, or stew and dumplings or something?

Anyways, not caving today, already planned Saturday's AAM as I'm out, and playing football tonight so hopefully will kick on dropping the lbs.

And this is my 50th post, so watch out - I can see your profiles now!!!!

Just wanted to say well done so far mr g. I like how your making exante fit YOUR lifestyle not the other way about. Days I'm struggling I have 4 packs and I don't beat myself up. I do beat myself up however when I've had all three packs and am still hungry so then binge! Onwards and downwards! Xx

Julianne Moore, who's she?? Will have to Google!

I loved your description of the Hot Dogs, I though I was the only one ever to refer to them exactly like you do :0) horrible, horrible things but they smell lush at the cinema!!

Well done for staying strong in such a difficult situation too!! You shall be commended :0)

I'm on my last set of nights tonight and can't wait to get them over with, however, it's a full moon and in my job it always without fail plays havoc!!!!!!

Have a great day u x

triage999 said:
Julianne Moore, who's she?? Will have to Google!

I loved your description of the Hot Dogs, I though I was the only one ever to refer to them exactly like you do :0) horrible, horrible things but they smell lush at the cinema!!

Well done for staying strong in such a difficult situation too!! You shall be commended :0)

I'm on my last set of nights tonight and can't wait to get them over with, however, it's a full moon and in my job it always without fail plays havoc!!!!!!

Have a great day u x

She's a hottie triage ;)

Back