Total Solution Big Daddy G, dropping the lbs

Hey Mr G just wanted to pop by and say well done :) so pleased it's all going well for you x and ewww @ pigs eyelids *shudder*

So, I've been poorly-sick since I last posted. All my packs etc are in my cupboard at work (I just bring home weekend stuff on a Friday), so I've been off TS since wednesday night. Start again today.

Good news is that my weight stayed the same, despite 5 days of eating.

Quite pleased with that, and I know it means I'll have a good week this week.

How has everyone been?

Hiya Big D and lovely to see you back!!! Being ill on a VLCD is a mare!! But your better now :0)

I've gone across to the dark side and I am following Atkins for the initial two weeks induction, I'm hoping to lose too as if I don't I'm going to have to go back to Exante!!

I haven't weighed since Sunday either which is miraculous for me, and I'm hoping not to until the end of the two weeks!!

Have a great TS day.....won't say what I'll be munching on but if ya get curious I now have a diary on the Atkins board too :0)

Have a fab day!!!!

J x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Left a quick reply over the water, thanks for popping in :0) xx

Struggling to get back into it. Doing more exercise each day - played football on tuesday, walked for around an hour a day Tuesday and Wednesday, and will do again today.

not into Ketosis again after my illness-fuelled "break" over the weekend.

finding it hard to motivate myself - always seems to be a reason to consider AAM. Case in point - seeing my family this weekend for the first time in over a year - meeting my great nephew (great uncle at 34? How Jeremy Kyle!) - sister wants to cook.

so do I AAM or not?

I think I'm going to make sure I'm in ketosis by then and make a call at the time.

Anyhow, trying not to get frustrated, but kind of getting impatient now.

When I was on LL things went more smoothly. Didn't get sick, didn;'t cheat, weight fell off and stayed off for a good while (until my clinical depression kicked in)

So - time to remain upbeat. I can do this. I've done it before. It is worth it. Eating is cheating....

Hi Big D.

Well done on your loss so far, personally I think you've managed really well considering all of the temptations you've had! And it cant be easy being ill on a VLCD, I'm yet to experience that.

This is my second round of a VCLD, I previously done The Cambridge Diet and lost around 4st. Day 1 for me right now on Exante, and haven't yet had a pack/bar, trying to wait until lunch and I'm finding it relatively easy...I say this now lol.

Keep up the good work and just remember why your doing this! x

Just wanted to say Good luck! you can do it,

p.s. I am a great Aunt at 24 :p My neiece is 4 years younger than me lol

Stick with it Grimmy!!!! Your doing great and you are human and unfortunately we do have blips.....

If you wanna see Jeremy Kyle style, I was the youngest Gran in the UK for a while! :0)

Not even 34 yet and have a 2 year old Granddaughter!!

32 and a Nanna lol......

Anyway......

It's not nice when you ill and on VLCD, I got really bad and cracked a few weeks back, I then realised I couldn't be without food so chose Atkins instead for a while, also because one of my favourite hobbies/chill out past time is cooking and I missed it sooooo much!

Soooooo, don't beat yourself up!! You'll do it when your ready and with what suits you....don't forget you can always switch to WS if your missing meals!

I have my LL cookbooks and the recipes in there would tie in beautifully with WS.

J x

Thanks all. Feeling a bit more upbeat today, but the weekend will be tough....after that though not much in the way of temptation for a while. I'll give it a week, and if necessary move to working solution instead. Better that than coming off it completely.

I've decided to try Working Solution for a few weeks. It seeme like every few days something crops up that makes me want to eat or feel the need. Last night Archie (my two year old) was admitted to children's ward with a fever and laboured breathing. He has a chest infection but his weak chest (he suffers from a viral induced wheeze,needing an inhaler) means he is susceptible to these things.

And so I've woken up feeling like I need to eat (I am at home with my 5 year old daughter, OH at the hospital)

Come to the conclusion WS is a half-way house and, even if I move back to TS later, will help me.

anyway, enough doom and gloom. Hope everyone's ok.

Oh no Grimmy!!!! Hope he's ok??!!!! At least you now know it's a comfort thing!! WS is a good half way house as you say and I really do hope it works for you!!! My OH switched to Atkins with me and he's lost 5lbs this week already!!

So the extra food, no carb may help!!!

Let us know how your getting on xx

Archie was discharged yesterday afternoon, but is still quite poorly. Off to walk-in centre again this morning....

Had a day yesterday where I grazed a lot....tiredness and comfort. Not going to beat myself up about it. Back on it today, but WS starts here...

How ya doing!!!! Where have you gone..... Come on stick with it!

J x

Doing ok now....have managed to slot nicely into WS. Got about two stone or so to lose - will do as much as I can this way then switch to a low-cal low-carb diet for the rest.

Feeling quite good....

Brilliant news Grimmy!!! As you can see from my update I'm still loving the low carb option and still loosing with no deprivation!!!!

Keep it up x

Where are ya Grimmy???!!!!!!

Been hellishly busy lately. Been off the diet this week for one reason and another - just wanting to maintain this week. Back on TS next week to kick start another bit of loss.

Still just doing it my way I guess - but this week has been a series of reasons to eat - two halloween parties, my son's 2nd birthday, out to see Alun Cochrane tonight and then fireworks tomorrow.

Trying to be sensible without hating it all.....and then back on it religiously Sunday morning!

How is everyone?

Good man!!! Just do what's best for you at the time :0).......I only had a blow out over weekend as had Halloween party at mine then carvery the following day! Lost another 3lbs since then so all is good :0)

Have a fab day!!!

So based on the headache and metallic mouth this morning, ketosis is back. Nice!

Hopefully shift a good bit of weight for next 2 - 3 weeks and then start a slower loss on working solution before entering maintenance in December.

It's not much of a plan, but it is a plan.

Thoguht I'd add a few pics. This is me about 5 years ago, outside a sex shop in Barcelona. Didn't realise I was outside a sex shop, until my mates made me pose for the photo with the sign just above my head.

19681052082559075770059.jpg

And this is me 2 years ago, when I'd got down to my target weight:

58901376899109075770059.jpg

60501193509109075770059.jpg

I've got about 18lbs to lose to get back there. That's very do-able, I reckon.

Back