"Big girls you are beautiful" - Smaller girls...?

Revisiting some of my old threads for inspiration and a further kick in the bum for Jan 2nd restart and found some gems here I missed at the time. Thanks for writing ladies, wonderful perspectives, it's like we don't talk about how we feel about being fat/on the way or recently thin enough and we should, our heads need as much work as our bodies.

It is definitely to do with confidence, a while back I lost a lot of weight and was at my lowest but I didn't feel very good about myself at all, I've always been quite big so I just felt awkward being smaller... A few stone heavier, gained back some weight, I had a short period in my life where I randomly got a lot of male attention and that gave me a huge amount of confidence and I'd never felt sexier and I feel like I connected with my body more, I knew what was flattering and how to make the best out of what I had to offer...

I think it was because I lost the weight in an unhealthy way and hadn't resolved the issues i had with myself.

I'm nowhere near goal yet but I do struggle slightly with how my body is changing. My clothes are getting bigger and I'm getting closer and closer to fitting into stuff that hasn't fit for quite a while which I find really confidence boosting, yet I look at photos of myself and don't see a difference even though others do. I think that it's going to get harder the more I lose and I know that when I reach goal I may still have my 'fat' brain on for a long time after but it was never going to be easy. I can kid myself that it was easy to get to this weight but it wasn't really. It took time and (unintentional) dedication to get here and it's going to take the same to get where I want to be, both in body and mind.

Re-reading old threads for yet another restart - and how sad is that... Sigh. With that said at least I am not sat here with it all back just that I am far from target (I initially typed "fat from target" thanks Freud!).

I'm just chiming in because I have far more clarity on this 3 years later. I am not sexier when I am skinny. But this is not about looks. Or not only. It's about a better life. Everything is easier when I'm thin. Going up the stairs, doing something spontaneous, playing with the baby, buying clothes -hell, buying anything!- people listening to me (yes, as someone who has yo-yo-ed I know for a fact people are nicer/more receptive when you are thinner), you name it. Everything is easier and no food is worth the extra effort. None.

Re-reading old threads for yet another restart - and how sad is that... Sigh. With that said at least I am not sat here with it all back just that I am far from target (I initially typed "fat from target" thanks Freud!).

I'm just chiming in because I have far more clarity on this 3 years later. I am not sexier when I am skinny. But this is not about looks. Or not only. It's about a better life. Everything is easier when I'm thin. Going up the stairs, doing something spontaneous, playing with the baby, buying clothes -hell, buying anything!- people listening to me (yes, as someone who has yo-yo-ed I know for a fact people are nicer/more receptive when you are thinner), you name it. Everything is easier and no food is worth the extra effort. None.

Could have typed this up myself. Can relate so much.

Back