big hips!

gemma_

Silver Member
so im big anyway but my hips are really making me feel down (think them alone make me look heavier and bigger dress size)

as any1 had big hips like not in proprtion to anything else and lost them them with diet (im only 3 weeks in need encouragment lol)

and what excersise did you do or did they just come off through weight loss

I am having the same issue.. I have lost 2 stone..and dropped 3 top sizes but only one on the bottom.. I was like a 24 in trousers... but a 22 is too big but a 20 is just still a bit tight round my hips..where as I am comfortably into an 18 up top. Blimming annoying!!

I am having the same issue.. I have lost 2 stone..and dropped 3 top sizes but only one on the bottom.. I was like a 24 in trousers... but a 22 is too big but a 20 is just still a bit tight round my hips..where as I am comfortably into an 18 up top. Blimming annoying!!

tell me about it... tops are tight on boobs baggy to hips then tight on hips... trousers im size 18 comfortably on hips but baggy on legs and they tend to roll under tummy then fall down :( hips are annoying.. if they dont go time ive lost all my weight im getting my vaccuum in there (joke LOL)

Hello again!

Yeah, I have the same problem. Really wide hips. I've lost 5 inches off my bust and five off my waist but only two off my hips. Which is annoying because they're my problem area! They just seem really hard to shift.

I'm not sure about hip exercises. I shall Google it and report back :)

haha i will

I'm in the big hip club!! I've lost just over 2 stone at the minute and am still wearing same size jeans, as I just haven't been losing the weight off my hips. I'm just worried that when I eventually do get down to my target weight i'll look out of proportion!

Leg flutters:
legFlutters.jpg

A lot of people don't realize that in order to tone your middle and love handle area you also need to strengthen your back. This creates a balance in your torso and reduces the fat on your back.
1. Lie on your stomach and lift your head up slightly
2. You can keep your arms straight out at your sides or bend them with your elbows resting beside you.
3. Lift your feet and knees off the floor and flutter your legs rapidly back and forth. Do this for 20 seconds. Take a 20 second break and then repeat again.

Twist Crunches
twistCrunch.jpg

This exercise will work your internal and external obliques as well as the rectus abdominis. These are the two muscle groups that live around your waist. Fat is generally stored on top of these muscles, thus creating the love handle effect.
1. Lie on your back with your knees bent.
2. Carefully lift your head up and place your hands behind your head without locking your fingers together.
3. Twist to the right bringing your left elbow to your right knee. Extend your left leg out.
4. Now twist back to the left bringing your right elbow to your left knee. Extend your right leg out.
5. Repeat 25 times.

Standing Trunk Twists
standingTwist.jpg

This is a good aerobic-type exercise that will help get your heart rate up as well as burn some calories in your middle.
1. Stand with your feet about a foot apart and knees relaxed.
2. Twist your torso to the left while keeping your hips and legs as stable as possible. As you twist to the left, cross your right arm in front of your body in a punching motion.
3. Twist back to the right and cross your left arm over your body in a punching motion.
4. Do 100 reps.

Back