Big Losers: How Long Until You Noticed Changes?

Oinkstop

This goes out to all of the really big losers on the group. I'm wondering how much weight you had to lose before you started noticing a difference in the way your clothes fit or the way you looked in the mirror.

I've lost 10 lbs so far, and I have 125 lbs to go, but I haven't noticed even the smallest change in the way my clothing fits or how I look.

I'm feeling a little discouraged this morning, because I've also noticed that the scale doesn't seem to be dropping like it did the first two weeks. Every morning when I weight myself, I could see a drop. Now, the scale seems pretty well stuck at the same number it was Wednesday morning.

How much weight will I need to lose before I can see/feel a difference?

With me it took about 2 stone for me to notice the difference - 3 stone for other people to notice, and still they often don't.

It depends on the person, also bear in mind that we see ourselves every day, so the change isn't obvious to us, however it is to the outside world, and the scales, and the tape measure.

Keep going and don't be disheartened, it's worth it.

Well everyone is different. I have started to notica a difference already but sometimes the difference is there but we still blind to it.
Do yourself a favour don't go so much by your clothes size and fit but make a note and take a photo every month put the weight you are and date and make an album of it. It will help you in the long run. You can look back and certanly see a difference month by month. I it the danger a few years ago lost weight went down to 14st 10lb from23st but couldn't see a difference or feel a difference but had I kept a photo diary like I am now I would not been here again.
Good luck
xxx

I lost 5st, 70lbs before I could personally see a difference. My clothes got bigger, my friends could notice it but I couldn't till a week or two ago.

Hmmm.... i was 16.13 when i started first time around and when i hit the 14.12 mark it was noticeable.

I agree with Saraian...I started at 17.4lb, and now am at 14.9lb and everyone is noticing.
Also, I need new clothes desperately, my school trousers are hanging off me!
Good luck and keep going...!

(love how mostly Team 8 have answered this one! Haha!)

That my dears, is because we rock!

Seriously though, we are all different ~ and you have to get your head round it aswell. Friends I haven't seen forever are shocked, and 5ish stone down I don't always feel any different.

I started at 17 stone, it wasn't until I was 15 that people started asking if I had lost a few pounds, it took another 2 stone off after that and clothes that fit for people to say that they noticed...then it was like I had surgury or something as everyone noticed. I was saying 'come on people I have been losing weight infront of you for 6 months now' but I suppose people didn't see it until I started dressing different

Yay Angie!

Hiya again, I must say the last photos that I saw of you were amazing, what a difference - I must share some of your mojo!

For me it was around the 3 stone mark, I started to feel my trousers were loose and people started commenting. Then when I lost 7 stone I really could tell around my stomach as I could see my feet again. However I've still got 6 stone to go so a long way but definately the first 3 stone I could feel a difference

I could tell my stomach and waist were smaller - my double chin had actually done some serious shrinkage as well!

Back