Big Massive Rant

Lianna

Silver Member
Right here I go....Went to SW this morning and got 3.5Lb off!! Very Very happy!!I also got slimmer of the weekGot a basket full of goodiesGot a stickerDID NOT get a certificate.....This might sound really petty and stupid to some but I always thought you got a certificate, I wanted to stick it on my fridge to show myself I CAN do this......Anyway so I asked the lady who takes the money, Should I get a certificate.... she said no, I then asked if you get them for you milestones, 1/2 stone 1 stone 1 1/2 stone.... to which my reply was no you get a sticker though...I always thought you got certificates for all your milestones and slimmer of the week/month!!Anyway what are your thoughts on this or am I just being a big baby?? Lol!! Xx

I think it depends on your consultant cos they have to pay for the certificates if i remember right. A sticker is better than nothing though (saying that i'd want a certificate to if i went to group), don't get stickers or certificates if you do it online :)

I think If you pay £4.95 a week you should get the full service lol!! xx

We get certificates and stickers, sometimes fridge magnets too! I def think you should get the full service as you put it x

From what I've read, SW is a Franchise so I can imagine each Franchise Owner (Consultant) have the responsibility to purchase the necessary props for their particular group. All I can think is that your consultant may be trying to save a bit of money by not purchasing certificates in the hopes of increasing potential profits.

But yes, I do agree that seeing as we all pay the same we should all get the same. The only thing I will say is that if you mention something about it to her she may get them in because ultimately you are a customer and her #1 priority should be to keep and gain as many customers as possible.

I can see where your coming from but.....now that she hasnt given me the full service im gonna go to a different group that does give the full service, so in effect has lost my custom

I can see where your coming from but.....now that she hasnt given me the full service im gonna go to a different group that does give the full service, so in effect has lost my custom

Ohh yeah, don't get me wrong I'm totally with you on this one. I agree with your opinion and I think you should take your custom elsewhere if you aren't convinced you're getting a full package. It's the small things that help you when it comes to weight loss so if something like this is effecting you then it needs to be rectified. Otherwise it could demotivate you.

Ijust want to stick the certificates up all over my kitchen to show me yes Lianna you can do it :)

Ijust want to stick the certificates up all over my kitchen to show me yes Lianna you can do it :)

I agree I have my certificates on a board in the kitchen and it helps to show how far I have come.......

Some consultants keep the certificates for a while to add to the group's achievement board and then hand them out the next month.

imag0166.jpg

Last edited:
That happened to me once...worked really hard for body magic bronze. Wrote it all down and I was so proud of myself. I was looking forward to a certificate to stick in my room. However, she told me I just keep the paper as she does not need it and I got no certificate. I was so deflated I did not bother no more. Still did exercise but did not work towards body magic.

I would be devastated if I didn't get a certificate! I totally agree with you, every club should be the same and it's the 'silly' things that we pay for a keep us going. I was so so excited when I got my first certificate, and even my little smiley face sticker when I lost what I had aimed for the week before.

I have asked not to be given certificates on the rare occasions when I should get one. Can't see the point, it's just a piece of paper and I used to stick them in the recycling bin anyway.

Our consultant gives us stickers and certificates for each 1/2 stone award and slimmer of the week/month. The slimmer of the week ones she puts on a board until the following month then gives them back so people have it mentioned in class twice which is nice.

My consultant is fantastic though and is totally dedicated to helping us. She is the most helpful/motivational class leader I've had ever on any plan

I think the certificates are a good thing, as it's all about motivation! :)

Error

Last edited:
I agree, the certificates ar important to certain people! I had a rant recently about the fact that my consultant didnt even run a group on bank holiday monday- she weighed us, let us pay £4.95 and didnt run Image Therapy!. She wont be doing it again as I went to her area manager and complained about it. maybe you could speak to the regional manager and see if he can issue you a certificate? or if you change group, tell your new consultant why you left your old one!
good luck anyway- dont let it demotivate you- you have still achieved a great thing!!!

Wow that sounds pretty harsh lol. Didn't you go to your consultant first before going to the area manager?

Error

Last edited:
Back