Big Massive Rant

That does sound harsh yes! Ive worded it a bit brash there- bit more to the story tbh- on the night I spoke to my consultant and she was a bit snappy and told me that she never runs a full group on bank hols because her pay lady and her weigh lady dont come and help. I told her that I would have gladly helped!.
I went home and stewed it over and was actually a little miffed!

I know the area manager so I asked her whether the consultant was allowed to decide to not run Image Therapy on a bank hol- she advised me that it was wrong as group should always run and that she would speak to her about it. I was adamant that the consultant not get in any trouble at all, I just wanted to flag it as I thought it was unfair- and what if some people felt the same as me but didnt have the courage to say anything!

I feel I was right to complain because I pay for a service and I pay for support. £5 is a lot of money to stand on a set of scales and go home!

I totally agree with what you did there. I think you went about it in the best possible way. :D

I have spoke to my new consultant about it and she is going to giove me a certificate for slimmer of the week :)I definately think the consultants should think of the members more than their own pocket its very selfish!I would never dream of being a consultant unless I knew I could give my members my full serviceI have known con's in the past who have sent a mid week txt to members to keep them going also my old one never didlittle things bug me lol

It should be a uniformed approach with everyone getting the same service. I'd go so far as to report to SW xxx

We only get certificates if we stay to group otherwise you just a get a sticker.

Ive been to different groups and they all do different things, my current group you get stickers and certs.

I dont think they are that important. The main thing is you are losing weight and doing well - xx

Ive been to different groups and they all do different things, my current group you get stickers and certs.

I dont think they are that important. The main thing is you are losing weight and doing well - xx

Obviously that the main issue is losing weight and doing well. But dont under estimate the things that motivate us. In our lives all kinds of things can motivate us for many different reasons, some of them actually quite small in the scheme of everything that is happening in our lives.

When I got my club ten award, it really meant something to me. I know the certificate is just a piece of paper, and the awards are just glossy stickers. But on the same basis, my degree certificate that hangs on my wall is also just a piece of paper.

Each of the awards represent a milestone. Accumulating these awards might seem petty, but they spur people on. I made a post about it many months ago, how watching SuperNanny, the positive reinforcement that supernanny was using on the children to encourage good behaviour was not much different to how SW uses the stickers and certificates.

I dont want to castigate a consultant for not using all the props that they can, they all need to be paid for and making money on SW is quite difficult, you need a big group before you start getting a return on the time put in. From a business perspective it is a poor decision however. It is a tool in their arsenal to encourage and motivate. If the failure to not have the certificates and stickers stops one regular SW member from attending their class they have probably wiped out their entire savings from not having them.

So far I've stayed out of this one, because I don't want to cop it for all the consultants that don't give out certificates or awards. They don't actually cost that much. I make sure that I give out all awards and certificates, and the magnets (although those are a bit expensive). Slimming World are very generous to us and do give us a lot for free, there are no excuses really, all the C's should be doing the same. You all deserve your awards after working so hard. So speak up, let your C know if you're disappointed; but do it in a nice way, there might be a reason why. xx

GAZTER!! i loved your reply hit the nail right on the head :)Im going back to an old group the only reason i went to this one as it was in the same building as a gym i was gonna join but not now lol!

I go to a group in Cyprus and we get all the stickers certs and fridge magnets. I think its a really motivating part of the plan . I love seeing all my stickers on my book and the fridge magnets are really nice . I think you should have a quiet word with your consultant . Bet you're not the only one who feels like that in your group

I go to a group in Cyprus and we get all the stickers certs and fridge magnets. I think its a really motivating part of the plan . I love seeing all my stickers on my book and the fridge magnets are really nice . I think you should have a quiet word with your consultant . Bet you're not the only one who feels like that in your group

Which group in Cyprus do you go to? ;) xxx

Back