Big Meets Bigger

but that to me is half the problem with WW. You can still go eat what you like. This is why ive never donw it. a lb every week is no good for obese folk like those on LL. I need to get and maintain a healthy weight asap.

would be good if one day they introduced a RTM list in restaurants

I just watched the USA episode on iPlayer - O.M.G. I'm a fishing widow tonight so I'll probably watch another one or two.

I got some 'friendly advice' from a work colleague today who noticed my LL shake on my desk - she claims to have lost 3 stone in 6 months through healthy eating and exercise - and couldn't understand why I didn't join Weight Watchers/Slimming World etc. in order to lose my weight. The look on her face when I said that I needed the CBT in order to deal with my food addiction! I'm not normally that blunt or abrupt but I'm fed up with people offering advice that I've not asked for :(

Go girl - you tell them

Thanks IWGT - like I say I'm not normally that blunt but I have to face up to the fact that I am addicted to food in order for me to work on the problem!

Today's class on crooked thinking came just at the right time for me and I'm actually looking forward to doing the 'homework' from the book :)

This is the first time I've ever done a diet 100%. Like Flex said diets like WW and SW don't work for someone like me who can always find a way to cheat the system in order to eat what I want - that issue just doesn't come up with LL - its the packs or nothing - and I need those boundaries right now - hopefully my continued 100% committment will see me rewarded with a decent loss next week :D

You will do alright luv. Stick at it 100% and you get the results you deserve. Think im going to continue using this site even when I get to target.

I know I will continue using the site when i get to target aswell, I need to set myself a target as havent done one yet :)

Tracy my target is just a rough estimate at the moment. The Wii Fit tells me a healthy BMI for my height is 8st 12lb - but I am not going to make my decision based on what the wii told me - after all its just figures. When I feel good about me and am comfortable in my own skin and clothes that will be my stopping point.

yes your right IWGT just checked something on the net and says a healthy weight / bmi for me and my height etc would be around 11-11.5 stone

According to my height I should be between 67 - 84kg or 10stone 5lb - 13stone 3lb.

never in a million years did I think I would be anywhere near that range.

Currently sitting at 14stone 13lb with meeting tonight. I think I will be overweight, but I am not sure I am happy with the idea of me being anything less. hoping that 3 weeks today I will be at my new target of 13st 7lb. which although its above healthy BMI, I will be happy in my own body. I am expecting to rise to about 14 after RTM, and maintain the cycling and conscious eating and im hoping that over a long period of time (in LL sense) of maybe 6-9 months get down to 13st 7lb again. maybe towards the 13st mark.

BMI is not an exact science, but an indication. I think for someone to loose 30% bodyweight is certainly enough.

OR is this just crooked defeatist thinking? I hope not.

No I don't think it's defeatist. Like you said, we all have a weight/size we're happy at, so that should be what we're aiming for. Put it this way, would you be healthier at 14 st or where you started? Exactly! Your target doesn't have to be set in stone anyway, when you reach it you may decide differently. It's your body!

I set my target at 11 and a half stone.
I am now at 13stone 12ibs. I'm hoping to get to 12 and a half stone by the end of foundation. Might do another month in developers to set to 11 and a half stone, and maybe have a little 'buffer' for when I start RTM. But then some people lose even more weight on RTM so who knows! Is funny though as if I get to 11 and a half stone, i'll have lost over another two stone, and I already feel so much slimmer...i'll be like a stick haha! So might reassess nearer the time, will just wait and see :)

Just makes me laugh as the final motivation for me starting Lighter Life, was when I was at the airport on my way back from Turkey, a lady took my ticket and then stopped me and said 'Wait, are you pregnant?' I was in complete and utter shock and wish i'd said something back to her, but I just got on the plane and sobbed.
But was looking at my 'belly' this morning, and i'm amazed at how much smaller it is and it really made me realise how far i've come, nobody could mistake me for being pregnant anymore!

yikes what a driver to start..

you have done so well,

I do not "feel" any slimmer, but know I am. cloths, comments and scales tell me so. But I still see this huge gut and moobs hanging there and I have no idea how after loosing (what should be) 4 stone tonight. I do not think even with loosing another 2 stone I would be slim....so I am going with why I wanted to start LL....to be healthy and not care about the way I look.

BMI truly is not an exact science. It really varies on you as a person, your bone density and weight, muscles you may have, water retention issues (which I do all the time!) and other factors - such as the way the fat which you do have (naturally we should ALL have some) sits on your frame. Some people do look their best at the higher BMI's (23-25), some at the very lowest... It's knowing what's best for YOU. My dad always says I look better when I have a little more weight because I have a very round face and a fairly short European blocky frame. My rib-cage is really wide compared to many women out there, even when I was BMI 18 I was still a 36A-B, no matter what!

FF - the gut will never go away because you have set your visual focus point on that area. No matter how small it gets it will ALWAYS appear huge to you because a) psychologically, by focusing on it the most it seems bigger and is not seen within the context of the rest of the body and b) you are mostly looking DOWN at it. ... If you constantly look down upon it the change daily is so small that it will appear exactly the same to you now as it did at the beginning of LL. If you didn't see it for a good few months - I think you'd see the difference! :D

My boyfriend did LL with me in January 2008 - October 2008 and was at 54stone. He got down to 12stone I believe (which was way too skinny for him) and has since maintained at 15st for the last nearly two years. The good news is that moobs do go away. The bad - if you've been unfortunate enough for your stomach muscles to collapse under the weight and develop quite a large 'overhang' - it will never go away without a lot of toning and exercise (which my bf doesn't do!). It's been his sore point for a long time. The good news is I love him no matter what, I adore his wobbly bits (though I don't tell him because I don't want to ruin his self-esteem). Hell, we loved each other when BOTH our BMI's were 44, and we loved each other when we were hungry and grumpy on LL for months on end so ... if that's not true love, don't know what is!

Either way, I went off on a ramble because I don't want to do this dissertation reading.. haha. :)

I've set my target at the top end of healthy BMI once I get there I plan to review it - obviously would be better if I got half a stone below it to give myself a little buffer but don't know if I can achieve that on RTM or whether I will need another month of Total in Developers first - would rather not do that and just do my 14 weeks Total and go straight to RTM - partly due to finances and partly due to timings of social events - I'd rather attend my brother's wedding in November knowing I'm permitted to eat and drink certain things on the RTM list :)

BMI truly is not an exact science. It really varies on you as a person, your bone density and weight, muscles you may have, water retention issues (which I do all the time!) and other factors - such as the way the fat which you do have (naturally we should ALL have some) sits on your frame. Some people do look their best at the higher BMI's (23-25), some at the very lowest... It's knowing what's best for YOU. My dad always says I look better when I have a little more weight because I have a very round face and a fairly short European blocky frame. My rib-cage is really wide compared to many women out there, even when I was BMI 18 I was still a 36A-B, no matter what!

FF - the gut will never go away because you have set your visual focus point on that area. No matter how small it gets it will ALWAYS appear huge to you because a) psychologically, by focusing on it the most it seems bigger and is not seen within the context of the rest of the body and b) you are mostly looking DOWN at it. ... If you constantly look down upon it the change daily is so small that it will appear exactly the same to you now as it did at the beginning of LL. If you didn't see it for a good few months - I think you'd see the difference! :D

My boyfriend did LL with me in January 2008 - October 2008 and was at 54stone. He got down to 12stone I believe (which was way too skinny for him) and has since maintained at 15st for the last nearly two years. The good news is that moobs do go away. The bad - if you've been unfortunate enough for your stomach muscles to collapse under the weight and develop quite a large 'overhang' - it will never go away without a lot of toning and exercise (which my bf doesn't do!). It's been his sore point for a long time. The good news is I love him no matter what, I adore his wobbly bits (though I don't tell him because I don't want to ruin his self-esteem). Hell, we loved each other when BOTH our BMI's were 44, and we loved each other when we were hungry and grumpy on LL for months on end so ... if that's not true love, don't know what is!

Either way, I went off on a ramble because I don't want to do this dissertation reading.. haha. :)

Did I read that right 54st - 15st :eek:
cheers for that.Ill have to start doing some toning exercise soon then. I had intended to once I reintroduce protein.

cant beat a bit of 'crasting during a dissertation, all students do it. The hours I sat n the library doing anything but what I should of been doing.

Even when I look side on and front in the mirror, im aware that it sags and hangs. I know its gone down, and I am not expecting a flat toned belly, but would prefer if I spread my fat around more and not just on the front. Its not fair because my shouldar blades and pelvis are showing through but yet by gut is still huge. why cant I loose a bit off the belly and place it to cover these protruding bones.

OMG 54st?????????

still 9 stone losses is phenominal. ill have to check yur pics to see what he changed from and to (if he is in them).

dont spose he posts/posted on here?

Back