Big Meets Bigger

24st to 12st is still bloody brilliant!!

whats wrong with me yes 12st. awesome. top stuff.

2 years of maintaining as well. does he struggle with old habits or how has he changed his lifestyle?

still fantastic!!!!!!!!!

He didn't struggle too much because he recognised what his bad habits were. Plus they didn't resurface because I needed to diet for much longer (women lose slower and all that...). I don't ever tell him how to eat or what to eat, but I cook dinner, so I know how to feed him well! Haha. At lunch and breakfast he has what he wants but it's compensated by the fact that he ONLY eats these three meals in the day. Nothing else during the day. :)

He has indeed changed his lifestyle - this is done very consciously at first but after a few months it becomes very habitual. We BOTH know we have a problem with food, we've discussed it quite a few times, we're both very prone to overeat if given the chance (me more so than him though). So we know never to keep things like biscuits or any snacks like that in the house. They don't exist to us here. And we know it will be like this for the rest of our lives. And it's ok! :)

Unfortunately he's not on the forum, but I can ask him anything about LL and maintenance after and I'm sure he'll be delighted to share his wisdoms! I know that there aren't too many male LL's here! I can't really show you true comparison of what my bf was, I have a few pictures but we avoided the camera very much so back then. He never even collected his LL pictures from the LLC because... I don't know. I guess he just doesn't want to think about how bad it had all become. He's Mr. Confidence but I suppose back then it was a mask image, and when he lost the weight - his friends for a VERY VERY long time couldn't accept that he wasn't the 'big and jolly' Lyle. It was true confidence then rather than a fake one.

AJB: Having realistic targets is the main thing! Losing on RTM is not a given, I did not lose anything. Plus you gain water weight back by the end of it which accounts for about 5-9lbs DEPENDING on the individual. It is not fat, but many people freak out when it comes back on. Our 'real' weight is a little bit below what we see on the scales when eating normally.
Also be cautious of pushing the buffer zone, in my case, I went too far with it! This doesn't happen to too many people though, so it's ok.

:D

Totally inspirational Minerva. Both your and your BF's suceess has been incredible. You have such a wise head on your shoulders. You are going to get back to where you are happy in your own skin again:)

I hated myself completely when I was 20+ stone.

I hated how I looked, hated how I felt, hated how I let it happen to me, hated making excuses for my size, hated lying to everyone to that I was fine with it, hated shopping for clothes, hated seeing those double and triple X's on all my shirt labels, hated sweating everywhere I went, hated the looks from people I hadn't seen for a while when I gotten heavier..... hated life, I guess.

Now, I'm leaving that behind. I still have the odd day where I don't like myself much, but I think a lot of people have that in some varying degree. Most of the time, I am happy now, with how I look, feel and think about my life.

Life is good, if you let it be :)

Hear Hear Sir.
:happy096:

Pete - I think you have just spoken the words for most of the people on this site. The fact that we were merely existing before LL and now starting to live again. Isnt it great how our outlook on life changes

Back