Big Mummas Team Chat

Well done chick - your losses are fabby!!

Thank you hun. I'm keeping everything crossed for next week xx

Hi ladies...

had my week 3 weigh in on tuesday lost 3 pounds. thats my bmi 25 so normal weight now, but still got more to lose for my goal weight....

Well done Tahira that's a great loss.

Hi guy's :)

Well i'm back sorry for going AWOL but had a bad start to the week and :break_diet:but no more excuses and no more lurking!

I popped in most nights to see how you were all doing and to admit my mistakes but chickened out but at the end of the day i suppose we are all there to :help2: each other and i needed to realise that a bit sooner :eek:

Anyway enough of the downer in a post and back to :):p:D times.

Will pop back later for a proper intro and hope you all have a fab day

Sx

Hi Susie and welcome back from lurkdom. Like you said we're here for support not judgement - God knows this diet is hard enough. How are you getting on now?

Anyway grrrr damn totm is still lurking and I'm fed up with it all to be honest. I'm retaining water and my boobs are really sore..sorry TMI. I haven't had regular periods for years and they are back with a vengeance now (thank you CD).

So on a happier note..I have had some lovely comments from people, a couple of open mouths and a lovely old gentleman who came into work and said 'you can see how pretty you are now' lol..I wasn't offended because I knew he was being complimentary. I still struggle accepting compliments but it is lovely to receive them.

And now the flipside. My best friend was at a party during the week and someone who had seen me commented about my weight loss. Another person who was there, not really a close friend but someone who I have known for a long time and has also tried CD numerous times said, 'well that's it, I'm back on the shakes I'm not having her thinner than me'. What a cow bag. She knows about my lifelong struggle with my weight as I do about hers and I thought she would be more supportive - I was pretty miffed. Maybe because all my friends and family have been brilliant about it all I didn't even consider someone being negative.

Now I won't let it affect me of course I'll just carry on and rack up those losses.

So how is the rest of the gang doing?

Last edited:
a lovely old gentleman who came into work said 'you can see how pretty you are now' lol..I wasn't offended because I knew he was being complimentary.

I think that is the loveliest thing he could ever have said don't let that 'friend' spoil it as she has through her jealousy just confirmed how great your doing! :p to her lol

Anyway, thank you for the welcome back and today has went really well :D

Water so far standing at 3 litres so i'm happy (always been my downfall) and apart from feeling like i need the loo again just as i sit back down its a massive :talk017:!!!!!!

Hope everyone else having a good day

Sx

Well my headsaches settled down, in fact I forgot I had them till I read here lol!
Been a good week, think I'm only going to get 2lbs loss this week, still its still 2lbs off! Found more clothes I can get into now and it feels fab! Money is really tight at the mo and I said I would come off CD but hubby insisted I stay on it as its what I want to do - bless him - although he did say not to lose too much.
Did a load of batch cooking yesterday, including bread and lasagna. Funny it seems that now I'm not eating the stuff I'm getting enjoyment out or cooking it.

Well done Tahira! That must feel so good to see that!

Good to see you Susie! We're all here to support each other through good times and bad! Glad you had a good day yesterday!

Awaken Me - what a lovely comment! And grr at the other! I have a friend a bit like that. Hubby said it so obvious she's trying to sabotage me. She's over weight too and struggles. When I txt her to tell her what I lost she txt back well done, fancy a mars bar :rolleyes: Still just gives me more motivation to stick at it :p

Week 1 results

FM - 5lbs
Tahira - 3
Susie-
Awaken Me - 4
Deb -
Fallen -

Haven't seen fallen around, she hasn't posted in6 days, hope she is ok!

Week 1 results
Haven't seen fallen around, she hasn't posted in6 days, hope she is ok!

I was wondering where she was also. Come out of hiding Fallen and let us know how you are getting on?

Hi girls,

Well day 2 (woo hoo) for me and another good day, hope your w'end was a good one!

Sx

Yay well done on reaching day 2 and how is day 3 for you?

Good to hear Susie!

Weigh in 3 for me and 4lbs off! was expecting 2 lol!
19lbs in 3 weeks!

Brilliant loss Karen which obviously means more new clothes soon lol. I saw your thread about feeling emotional and I know where you are coming from. Four months ago I was a size 34 and now I'm almost in a size 22, and I still can't get my head around it. I bought a cheap coat from the internet because mine was hanging off me in a size 24, and when it arrived I was looking at it on the hanger thinking that looks way too small for me. So I tried it on and it slipped straight on, I fastened all the buttons and had a little room - I was gobsmacked, but it felt geat :D.

So today the dreaded totm still looms large and I felt really tired and drained and pretty teary early on today. If I feel like this before totm next month then I'll see my GP. My friend suggested the pill but I'm not sure - we shall see.

Also for the last couple of days I've had hunger pains, real deep in the stomach, growling hunger pains. I actually said out loud before 'God I'm starving'..hmmm probably all linked. I'm not craving food and hell will freeze over before I cave in and eat something but it feels odd having a hungry tummy.

I'm also pretty busy with football stuff at the moment (I'm the secretary a local football club) and I'm in the process of signing on 200 players from aged 7 through to adults, so forms have to be checked, re-checked, signed and sent off within the next 2 weeks ready for the start of the season.

If I moan tomorrow someone give me a whack across the chops..lol. Hope you're all ok Girls xx

Hi teamies - just a wee quickie from me - trying to do a gazillion things all at the same time here - as usual!!

Week 2 weigh in today and I lost 10lbs - am absolutely gobsmacked to say the least - bit not complaining!!! :D

Hope you are all well.

dx

Blimey Deb that's fantastic!!!

Sharon that must have been a brilliant feeling! I'm so loving trying stuff on and finding it fitting or my other stuff loose.
Some things I've bypassed now. They were too tight and never worn but now too loose lol!
I've sent a message to Fallen, hopefully we will hear form her.

Dropping by to see how everyone is doing? Day 4 for me and so far so good although could happily raid the chocolate tin if we had one ;)

Can't wait to feel a difference in my clothes, feel massive today but DH did point out that although I had drank 4 ltrs during the day yesterday I hadn't actually drank anything all night! So not that many loo trips and he thinks I could be retaining water What do you think? Anyway back to work, have a fab afternoon everyone x 

Hey everyone I wanna say hello to you all:banana dancer:

Trying to work my way round this site at the moment cant seem to put a pic on tho hmphh

Well a little about me....
My name is Nicola 37 married with 2 girls 17 and 12.
Always been overweight when I got to 16.8 in January this year I decided this has to change, Started CD middle of Jan and continued for 13 wks and got down too 12 11.:D
Few months on after copious Restarts...:cry: Im passed my demon day 5 lol
so day 6 now and feeling great weighed in last thurs at 13.11 so put on a stone in a few months gutted:cry:
But Im in the Zone now And hope to get to know you all very well over our journeys.:kissass:

Hi Funky mum
Hows ur day going?

Hi teamies - just a wee quickie from me - trying to do a gazillion things all at the same time here - as usual!!

Week 2 weigh in today and I lost 10lbs - am absolutely gobsmacked to say the least - bit not complaining!!! :D

Hope you are all well.

dx

Deb, that is an awesome loss you must be thrilled to bits.

And I now have a BMI of under 30 yippee!

Well done Karen, I was delighted when mine went under the 40 mark and you'll be at 25 before you know it.

Dropping by to see how everyone is doing? Day 4 for me and so far so good although could happily raid the chocolate tin if we had one ;)

I had drank 4 ltrs during the day yesterday I hadn't actually drank anything all night! So not that many loo trips and he thinks I could be retaining water What do you think?

Great news Susie you'll be in ketosis before you know it. Hubby may have a point about the water as there was a lady on the Lipotrim forum who did not lose any weight one week and was told to reduce her water intake. The following week she lost an incredible 13lbs. I know there is a 'the more you drink, the more you shrink' mentally but the all wise KD pointed out that this is rubbish.

I used to be like a Sergeant Major with my water intake and it was affecting everyday life. I wouldn't go out in the evening for fear of not getting my water intake for that day - ridiculous! So now I'm much more relaxed I drink between 3 and 4 litres a day, sometimes less, sometimes more depending on how I feel.

Hey everyone I wanna say hello to you all:banana dancer:

Trying to work my way round this site at the moment cant seem to put a pic on tho hmphh

Well a little about me....
My name is Nicola 37 married with 2 girls 17 and 12.
Always been overweight when I got to 16.8 in January this year I decided this has to change, Started CD middle of Jan and continued for 13 wks and got down too 12 11.:D
Few months on after copious Restarts...:cry: Im passed my demon day 5 lol
so day 6 now and feeling great weighed in last thurs at 13.11 so put on a stone in a few months gutted:cry:
But Im in the Zone now And hope to get to know you all very well over our journeys.:kissass:

Welcome Nicola and best of luck with your journey xx

Hi hows everyone. Been busy at work covering shift havent been on for a few days. well done on the weigh losses team they are great. ive got my next weigh in on friday. i had a few birthdays and family dinners which i had planned for on fri sat and sun so had three restaurant meals, was straight back on ss on monday thought it would be hard after the food but been fine. hopefully not done too much damage...

Hi hows everyone. Been busy at work covering shift havent been on for a few days. well done on the weigh losses team they are great. ive got my next weigh in on friday. i had a few birthdays and family dinners which i had planned for on fri sat and sun so had three restaurant meals, was straight back on ss on monday thought it would be hard after the food but been fine. hopefully not done too much damage...

Well done for getting straight back on the plan Hun, that's the hardest bit x

Hey teamies!

Don't know what to do about Fallen, I have messaged her but as yet had no reply. PinkJay is really keen to join us but not sure how long to give Fallen to come back?

Back