Big U.S Adventure Countdown (17 weeks to go!)

betterforever83

Silver Member
So I started my weight loss journey last year and managed to lose and keep off a stone by calorie counting. I have now been at a stand still since September and quite frankly it's getting me down! Although I have managed to mostly maintain i can feel i'm getting to the point where i can feel the pounds creeping back on.

Anyway I'm going on a road trip through Tennessee and ending up in Las Vegas in September so am super keen to get at least another 1.5/2 stone shifted by then :) Calorie counting just isn't working anymore and even though the concept of WW is similar i really think i need the accountability of getting weighed in a group to spur me on!

So i will be joining my local class at 930am tomorrow and cannot wait!!! I have dabbled in ww before, with success, but have never kept it up for long and ended up back where i started so................................HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

So weighed in this morning at 10st 8.5lb!!!! So pleased as was expecting nearer 11stone. As i have managed to lose 5.5lb since i last weighed at Easter i'm super excited to see what i can do when i put some effort in :)

Have got my ww journal all ready to go -i'm a bit of a stationary geek so thats enough to keep me going ;)- and i have no plans at all this week so am hoping i can stay 100% on plan! I know the first week is usually full of motivation for ost people but lately my success rates haven't even stretched to 24hours!!!

Hubby wanted a takeaway this evening but i managed to persuade him otherwise and we are having a low point stirfry instead :D score one to me! Day off work today too so hoping i can keep my head out of the cupboards this afternoon.

Your road trip sounds like fun :0) well done on steering the OH away from the takeaway tonight! Good luck on your WW journey :0)

Your road trip sounds like fun :0) well done on steering the OH away from the takeaway tonight! Good luck on your WW journey :0)

Thank you !!!!! :)

Halfway thru my second day and and ultimate success so far.......really enjoying it and been a lot less hungry than i expected! Just really determined right now and hoping it lasts.

Girlie night out tonight and will be using some of my weeklies on a cheeky glass of wine tonight - simply because i can- and i won't feel guilty for once!! Love it :D

Good luck! I'm also goin to america in september we are going to orlando would love to go to vegas. I'm the same weight as u and want to loose another 2 st 1lb x

Good luck! I'm also goin to america in september we are going to orlando would love to go to vegas. I'm the same weight as u and want to loose another 2 st 1lb x

Thanks hun!!!

have been to orlando a few times it's pretty amazing!!! Have you been before? the theme parks are awesome-it's like another world :) Good luck to you too x

Yeah i've been a few times with my parents when i was about 14. I loved it and have always wanted to go back. I'm going with my boyfriend this time and as i've just turned 21 so will be able to have a drink this time. Just hope i can get this weight off before i go x

you can do it if you put your mind to it!!! Just think how fabulous you will feel and how much fun you will have without the worry of how you look :) Thats how i inspire myself to keep going, i know i will regret it if i don't!

I know. I've never managed to stick at a diet this long. Think its since i booked up to go. Its my first hol with my bf and wen we booked it i was 3 stone heavier than him! I'm determined to be lighter than him would like to be near goal by end of july as i've got a few weekends away booked too x

Have been a bit wobbly the last couple of days and may go over weeklies by a couple but am really hoping i can pull it back on track! Just been really tired since sunday and works been boring - a combination which leads to picking at everything in sight :(

Today has been much better though and feel back in control :) have also stayed away from the scales (a miracle by my standards) so really looking forward to wi on friday

Well have officially used all my weeklies :( Luckily only 2 days to survive on 26pp so hoping i can do it!!!

Since i had a few drinks on sat night i have been less than enthusiastic about tracking and have eaten junk :( I realise this happens every week if i have a few drinks..............it's like a 3 day hangover of craving fat suagr and carbs and it's all down to the booze!!! So this weekend i am staying off it and hopefully i can do well EVERY day instead of just 4 out of 7 days. I'm pretty sure this is why i've been stuck at the same weight for so long. Just need to break the cycle - hard to do when my friends and family act like i'm insane if i don't want a drink!!! Will not give in to peer pressure, weight loss is more important to me right now :D

Hoping for a loss even if it is teeny on friday cos i think i've pointed everything and have been speed drinking water since monday to flush out any water retention. Feeling a tad nervous though x

Hope all goes well with your wi,funny how people think its strange not to drink,can't you be driving home etc so have a good excuse ;0) hope you don't get too much grief from not drinking but as you say it could be hindering your weight loss and if you struggle for 3 days afterwards then I'm guessing it isn't helping you,hope all ok doing 26pp for the two days,plenty of zero pointed fruit and veg to the rescue :0)

I don't drive so i don't think anyone would believe me ;) hehehe!!! I'm not going anywhere this weekend that requires drinking anyway so once this week is over and i (hopefully) see a loss this will spur me on for coming weeks. Just need to learn my limits i guess!!!

Been coping on 26pp so far so good just got to keep busy this afternoon or the nibble monster may rear his head!! Hardlyt any food in the house though so shouldn't be too hard. Am hoping for a sts in the morning then any loss will be a bonus :D

Actually lost half a pound this week!!!! So happy as was really geared up for a sts :)

Also measured myself this morning as felt a difference and i've lost an inch off my waist and an inch and a half off my stomach!!!! amazing as the only thing i can think of is i've given up diet coke since last saturday!!! Sounds weird but i feel much thinner around my middle and i'm always reading that diet coke makes you store fat around your middle and i'm now thinking it's true!!! I don't i've eaten well enough this week to warrant that kind of inch loss but either way i'm super pleased :D

Am really motivated for the coming week now xx

That's great news about the weight loss and inches aswell :0) yea I think it's cos diet coke has gasses in it?! Lol ok bout the driving! Hope you have a great weekend and well done for no munchies yesterday :0)

Thanks hun :)

Yeah i did drink an awful lot of the stuff but feel better already without it!!!

Have a great weekend x

15 weeks to go!!!!!!! :D

Haven't checked in here for a while as life got in the way ;) Luckily have managed to stay the same weight so although disappointing i am massively happy i haven't gained at all.

Back to 100% tracking from today- got a busy weekend full of social events but am determined to stay on track with minimal booze!!! Should be easy for most of it but got the hubby's annual family bbq on sunday and if i don't drink there will be pregnancy comments floating around which will make me cross :( I already had some friends we hadn't seen in ages make that assumption simply based on the fact that we've been 'married a while now'..............either that or i looked pregnant which makes me even sadder hahaha!!! Anyway have got work everyday until tuesday so can use that as an excuse for being booze free ;) which i prob should have done last weekend:rolleyes:

Hope everyone is well x

I know what you mean bout life getting in the way,I've missed a couple of days on here myself! Aww at least you didn't gain so that's good :0) hope you don't get any pregnancy grief! People don't seem to realise that what they say can really effect people!

Back