Biggest Loser (UK and Australian)

IreneH

Gold Member
There's a new series starting on Monday 27 April on ITV at 4pm.

And then every weekday at the same time.

Never seen a British one before.

Irene xx

Thanks for the info, think I'll watch that. I like those sorts of shows but as I don't watch a lot of tv, usually miss the adverts for things I might like to watch!!!

I've already set up the V+ to record them all. Jodie Prenger, the girl who won the Andrew Lloyd Webber thing for and is now in Oliver, won the last series. She was fab

Has anyone been watching this? I have to admit I much prefer the US versions.

I seriously dont like that female trainer she has NO likeable qualities

Has anyone been watching this? I have to admit I much prefer the US versions.

I seriously dont like that female trainer she has NO likeable qualities

That's a bit harsh! ;) I think you just have to earn her respect before she softens a bit. That is how it seemed last time. Although replacing Mark with the new guy might show they want it to be a tougher experience this time.

Is anyone else getting a little peed off with this series? when it was on once a week it was an action packed hour that contained the challenge, the temptation, the weeks highlights and finished with the WI and elimination. They are now spreading it across a whole week and filling the show with loads more talking. For me, the inspiration part of it is seeing all the fantastic losses, I don't particularly want to sit through 5 hours of crap just to see that!

It's such a disappointment as I have always loved TBL

I see there is an Australian one starting Mon 4 May on Sky Real Lives HD at 8.30 pm

Not sure if I have this channel as haven't HD.

Irene xx

Is anyone else getting a little peed off with this series? when it was on once a week it was an action packed hour that contained the challenge, the temptation, the weeks highlights and finished with the WI and elimination. They are now spreading it across a whole week and filling the show with loads more talking. For me, the inspiration part of it is seeing all the fantastic losses, I don't particularly want to sit through 5 hours of crap just to see that!

It's such a disappointment as I have always loved TBL

That's driving me nuts too Taz
xx

I am with you TAZ, I'm so dissapointed in the UK one. Kate G has no charisma whatsoever and dragging it out over episode after episode for WI and Elimination is just tiresome. Why did they do this? The last 2 UK ones were so much better.

The contestants have no idea of the opportunity they've been provided (or has it been edited like that), who knows.

I'm gonna stick with it but since they're all on Sky+ I have the option to zip through all the tedious boring bits.

The US one was much more zippy and punchy, not seen the AUS one as yet, may tune into that this week.

I dunno you know, I like the fact its on every day, seeing the wobble and the pain , makes me feel a little bit like I'm not the only grumpy whiny thing on the planet losing weight and missing the naughty things.
And I would choose Angie every time , she's hard core, no nonsense, just the sort of person I would respond to. I'm certain that on previous series when there has been a genuine problem , emotional or physical she has shown her humane side..
It's like a daily dose of keepitupness, in telly form , although I must admit I do keep missing it and having to watch on the ITVplayer..

Back