Bikini dilemma

loveablemonkey

I'm looking for some advice and I need absolute honesty!! Basically in just under a month (16th June) I will be going away to a festival on the beach for 3 or 4 days with my boyfriend, his best friend, and 2 other mutual female friends.

The girls are size 8/10 with incredible bods, not a hint of a stretch mark or anything, and we will be on the beach so I'd love to be able to wear a bikini (or cut-out swimsuit at least) and I'm hoping to be 12st 7lbs by then which will take me to a BMI of 27.8. I just don't want to look like a whale next to them, and 'the fat one' - should I just get over it and wear what I want?

I'm kind of worried my boyfriend will be embarrassed of me :eek: though he'd never say anything or show it. And I'd be thinking he was checking them out whilst being secretly ashamed of me.

What do you guys think?? I have some stretchmarks but they're fading with bio-oil and I'm hoping to get a spray tan before I go to disguise them a bit, and my belly can look a tad wrinkly from the weightloss sometimes but not noticably unless you're looking for it. I'm really confident usually, when I'm dressed (and undressed, when its just me and him) its just we'll be with friends and I'll be semi nakey!

Dilemma!! :(

I might post some pics nearer the time if people think they can be honest enough to tell me whether they think I'm ready for a bikini or not (faceless of course- I've got a very sudden attack of insecurity for some weird reason!!)!

Last edited:
I think that you should go in what you feel comfortable in, if they were to make you feel bad then are they the people you want to hang around with (im not saying they will). just be confident and you will look fine

O god!! I'm feeling totally the same!! I know you shouldn't compare yourself et but think its natural! Defo post pics Il give u an honnest answer if in return I get an honest answer nearer to my holiday time end of July!

Hi Hun, we will be honest with you!. Go get yourself some new swim wear and the first one you put on and think 'wow I look good' is the one you have to buy

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Hugeherbo, they wouldn't make me feel bad, I doubt they'd care but its me who'd be thinking "am I being compared to them"?!

Shell totally it is natural, and that would be brilliant! I'll do it when I get under 12 stone (in 9lbs time!) as then that'll be roughly what I look like! I think I'll be a 14/16 as I'm a 16 now. Where abouts are you with your weight loss etc?

I just think he'll compare me to them (not purposefully) - I'm only 22 I know I shouldnt have stretchmarks, wrinkly skin and cellulite! (and the other girls are 20 and 21)

I will post pics - more than likely I will end up in a bikini but have a trusty sarong/kaftan handy! but THEN i'm worried i'll be drawing attention to the fact I'm insecure, if you see what I mean? so maybe its best just to go all out and flaunt the bod?! I'm a lot skinnier than I used to be at least!!

Thanks B2B! I won't be offended if you say you don't think I can pull it off just yet - I'll just be really grateful I asked before going there and then feeling pants next to the hotties lol!

I can't possibly judge, without pics :D

Well I'm a big size 12 now but have been a 22/24 lost 7 stone last year on cd and had one child 5 nearly 6 years ago

Stretch marks I've got but considering how big I've been and having a child etc I shouldn't conplain thy are silver not purple bit as I'm shrinking again it's all starting to get wrinkly I can see I'm gonna look all saggy for sure

Soap and glory firming cream has been recommends I'm gonna try it! I've used bio oil and palmers stretch Mark cream and their firming cream on and off through out my weight loss but really has been hit and miss so I didn't think they done much but maybe that's why they aren't as bad as they could be!

Excuse my typos it's the silly predictive thong on this I phone!

haha I hate silly predictive thongs!! :D I do actually have the soap and glory firming stuff, keep forgetting to use it! am gonna have to get on that and hope it makes a difference, will keep you updated! I use bio oil too which definitely decreases my stretchmarks I think!

I'm in the same boat. Would love to post pictures for opinions but I don't know if it's against the rules! I would need to post in my underwear as I don't have a bikini - does anyone know what the script is for these sort of things :S If we can we can post together for support so we're in it together :D :D

Yeah you can def do underwear pics, sure I've seen them before! I want to wait til I've lost about another 9lbs though as I think that will make a difference. Your BMI is ideal though, you must be tiny! well done for losing 60lbs!! but is it stretchmarks and stuff you're worried about?

I do have strech marks, but to be honest they are part of who I am and they're not going to go away so I've accepted them and if people don't like them they can look daaa otthhhaa wayyy! :D

Ohh, I'll post some pics up tonight because I still think I'm huge (people say that it's just self-confidence and a case of my head not keeping up with my body so opinions will be needed!)

thats good youve accepted them! i have wrinkly skin though which i haaaaate! but I guess its a sign of my achievement of losing so much weight?!

good luck well done for being brave i'll give you a verdict!!

I'm looking for some advice and I need absolute honesty!! Basically in just under a month (16th June) I will be going away to a festival on the beach for 3 or 4 days with my boyfriend, his best friend, and 2 other mutual female friends.

The girls are size 8/10 with incredible bods, not a hint of a stretch mark or anything, and we will be on the beach so I'd love to be able to wear a bikini (or cut-out swimsuit at least) and I'm hoping to be 12st 7lbs by then which will take me to a BMI of 27.8. I just don't want to look like a whale next to them, and 'the fat one' - should I just get over it and wear what I want?

I'm kind of worried my boyfriend will be embarrassed of me :eek: though he'd never say anything or show it. And I'd be thinking he was checking them out whilst being secretly ashamed of me.

What do you guys think?? I have some stretchmarks but they're fading with bio-oil and I'm hoping to get a spray tan before I go to disguise them a bit, and my belly can look a tad wrinkly from the weightloss sometimes but not noticably unless you're looking for it. I'm really confident usually, when I'm dressed (and undressed, when its just me and him) its just we'll be with friends and I'll be semi nakey!

Dilemma!! :(

Firstly - don't do the fake tan! I have ugly stretch marks on my shoulders and had the same idea to have a fake tan to disguise them for my wedding day. They showed up even more so and I ended up rather upset about it :mad:

Secondly - wear what you feel COMFORTABLE in. If you are going to be conscious about your body in a bikini for the 3-4 days you are away, wear something else. They do some lovely tankini's that are (in my opinion) more flattering than a bikini. The last thing you want to do while on the beach is feeling worried about your appearance and what other people are thinking, you want to enjoy yourself surely! So...make sure you feel comfortable in what you wear - it's all about the confidence!!! lol :D

I'm in the same boat. Would love to post pictures for opinions but I don't know if it's against the rules! I would need to post in my underwear as I don't have a bikini - does anyone know what the script is for these sort of things :S If we can we can post together for support so we're in it together :D :D

When I came on minimins when doing CD a few years ago, there was a lady who posted pictures onto her profile in her knickers and bra - she did captions of 1 stone down, 2 stone down, 3 stone down etc. To my knowledge she wasn't breaking any rules or told off about it. The best person to ask to make sure though, is Piers the administrator. Perhaps PM him, i'm sure he'd take your query and answer it for you based on the rules of the forum. :)

Thanks :D I'll let you know when they're up - just going to double check if underwear pics are ok. Are you sure you've seen them up before? Thanks for your help! Yeah, the stretch marks still do show up with fake tan, but the tan itself makes you look slimmer/toned. I'm getting one on Thursday! You should try it, the worst that could happen is that you don't like it so you wash it off.

When I came on minimins when doing CD a few years ago, there was a lady who posted pictures onto her profile in her knickers and bra - she did captions of 1 stone down, 2 stone down, 3 stone down etc. To my knowledge she wasn't breaking any rules or told off about it. The best person to ask to make sure though, is Piers the administrator. Perhaps PM him, i'm sure he'd take your query and answer it for you based on the rules of the forum. :)

Thank you, it's really appreciated :D Hope you're weight loss continues to go well! You look so happy in your profile pic! :p

I know models in their early 20s with stretchmarks! You don't get to 5ft 10-11 without a growth spurt as a teenager - one of the skinniest women I know has worse stretchmarks on her thighs than I have cos she shot up by 3 inches in a couple of months.

I wore a size 14 bikini at 12st 4ish and I think I looked pretty foxy - big bottoms with good tummy coverage and high legs are really flattering.

If I'm honest though, I prefer a filmstar glamorous one piece - I had a really dramatic plunging one - a good one will hold you in, leave a little more to the imagination and is more interesting to look at.

You should wear whatever you feel comfortable in. The last thing you want is to be feeling self conscious or "not as good" as the size ten girls you are with (size does not equal worth by the way) If you feel good and confident in your chosen swimwear than that will show.
If you are wearing a bikini but not 100% comfortable in doing so then again, that will show.

This is just my totally personal opinion but I think that Tankini's or a glam one piece would look much better than bikini's on anyone who isn't "model perfect" and would always go for one of those, but that is just me and my extreme lack of self confidence no matter what my size.

Good luck and have a wonderful time :)

Last edited:
Back