Binge Averted (sort of)

emmaleighjohnson

Pink and Fluffy Poster
I had a bit of a binge. I ate some Brazil nuts (I had already gone over my healthy extras and syns) and then munched down an Alpen Bar.

I was going to pretend it didn't happen. I am misreble about my weight gain and feel awful.

However, I've pulled my socks up (and stopped the binge) I've added the Alpen to my Healthy Extra for tomorrow seeing as it's already 1am and I've popped another in my bag and counted the brazil nuts as syns.

I was so close to failing all over again. These old habits die VERY hard. I am very upset about the recent weight gain and I am finding it very hard to stay focused.

I just wanted to confess to someone. My husband is doing so well with the transition from CD to SW and I really don't want to burden him with my failings.

Ok, first things first - you are not failing!

I have a 'fat day' every week after WI. It gives me something to look forward to. I WI on Wednesday then on Thursday I eat whatever I want without worrying about it then draw a line under it and get straight back on plan on Friday. Before I done this I would have extra treats on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and sometimes even Sunday!

I find doing this really keeps me on track and I don't binge on my 'fat day', I just take a day off

wow, you've done so well, don't beat yourself up over a few nuts :) At least it was kind of healthy! I can't have nuts in the house, they're too tempting, so ban them.

Ok, first things first - you are not failing!

I have a 'fat day' every week after WI. It gives me something to look forward to. I WI on Wednesday then on Thursday I eat whatever I want without worrying about it then draw a line under it and get straight back on plan on Friday. Before I done this I would have extra treats on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and sometimes even Sunday!

I find doing this really keeps me on track and I don't binge on my 'fat day', I just take a day off

I also take 'time out' from SW after weigh in - usually for the evening and then get back to it the next day. So if I fancy chocolate and crisps as well as a pizza I have it all! It's Ok to be able to not think of syn value for a few hours, I spend the rest of teh week considering what I eat very carefully so i need the time off!

aww don't get down about having a few extra bits - i wouldn't consider a few nuts and a cereal bar as a binge!

...maybe if you'd eaten a whole pizza and a tub of ice cream to yourself!

if you feel you've lost control a bit then spend the next few days on success express - it will rectify the damage done :D

I am a bit concerned about people who "treat" themselves for being "good" all week. It does make SW sound like we are punishing ourselves and putting ourselves through 6 days of torture and then reward our behaviour by filling up on "crap". I was in this zone last week and have thankfully got out of it. My body deserves better than that. The doughnut I ate last weekend tasted of nothing.. yet the summer fruits and yoghurt I had for breakfast this morning was so tasty. I'm not saying dont have chocolate or biscuits or whatever you want. But the words "being good" "treating myself" worry me slightly.

I don't treat myself for being good and I certainly don't consider SW to be a chore but I am a chocoholic and if I allowed myself to have it as a matter of course I would eat loads! I take a day off every week because, as easy as SW is, I need to feel that at least one day of the week I won't be counting Syns and saying no to something I might really fancy just because I've already had my days quota. It's just a routine I got into and I found it works for me so I keep doing it

i'm with you on that one taz.

when i get weighed i allow myself to eat whatever i fancy afterwards, without counting, planning or fretting. by allowing myself one evening a week to get it all out of my system it enables me to stay in control of my eating habits. if i crave something i tell myself i can have it on thursday night after class and it helps me stay on track.

everything in moderation is the key - but i know by using a days sins on one slice of pizza, when what i really want is a whole pizza, means i wouldn't last long on the plan. i know this from previous experience on slimming world and i know my limitations and triggers.

I have to have a thur night after WI off plan - it keeps me going! x

Back