binge day before weigh in argh

debtin

Gold Member
Why why why do I always want eat anything and everything the day before wi. Mum came to visit with biscuits and It's my day off. Annoyed now....grrrr

If you know your pattern try bingeing on your favourite free food or save some syns up for the day before weigh in therefore you'll stay on plan!! I've only been 100% for a short while so i expect i will eventually crave junk at some point and hopefully will put my own words in to practice! Or deduct what you have eaten today off your syns for the following day than you'll also keep on track. Keep positive x

Just draw a line under it as it's happened now, and move on... (hope they were nice biscuits :) ) - it might not actually show on the scales at your WI tomorrow as it's so close...it may only show next week...so try and have a super good week the week ahead!

Rather than moan about it and eating more I counted roughly the syns. Prob about 7 syns over so not too bad. Not feeling great and its been hard to stay on track on my days off but been doin better than I used to. No point moaning now lol x

7 syns over isn't that bad...i bet there are loads of days where you don't eat your full 15 quota! :)

exactly just knock them off the next day then stay on track x

7syns over is nothing really. I know its supposed to be planned in advance but slimming world promote their flexi syns days, so you can have a night out or something without feeling guilty and compensating before and after. Very much the "draw a line and move on" kinda way that you get straight back on plan afterwards.
They say to expect a maintain or a small gain on a week where you've used a flexi syns day, but to be honest at 7 over, I really don't think you need to worry too much! I had a flexi syns night (35 on a meal and drinks) once and still had a 1lb loss so anything is possible! Obviously it may not be the same for you, but if you were on plan before and again right afterwards, I think you'll be fine xx

Thanks. Star week also due so feeling rubbish and bloated anyway. It's taken seven weeks to lose three pound so I never expect much from weigh in day. Will be happy to stay the same as it was a rubbish week to start with as short of funds to get plenty fruit and free food in. Fresh start tom

I really wouldn't call going 7 syns over a binge, you can pull that back from the next day without a problem. Going 7 syns over is only 140 extra calories after all

ScarlettStar86 said:
7syns over is nothing really. I know its supposed to be planned in advance but slimming world promote their flexi syns days, so you can have a night out or something without feeling guilty and compensating before and after. Very much the "draw a line and move on" kinda way that you get straight back on plan afterwards.
They say to expect a maintain or a small gain on a week where you've used a flexi syns day, but to be honest at 7 over, I really don't think you need to worry too much! I had a flexi syns night (35 on a meal and drinks) once and still had a 1lb loss so anything is possible! Obviously it may not be the same for you, but if you were on plan before and again right afterwards, I think you'll be fine xx

I can relate, i did that aswell, i had some pizza as i saved my syns and i lost 3Ibs at my Weigh in.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I always have to resist the temptation to binge on my weigh in day, its so easy to do but i agree with the others and can say from past experience that if it does happen your best just to draw a line under it and get back on track. Dont beat yourself up too much, my worst case scenario is when i have had one bad day and just continued being bad until weigh in then when it shows on the scales i feel disgusted with myself:sigh:

A few biscuits wont majorly set you back, cheer up and start tomorrow as a fresh day xx :)

I did the same last week but went way over 7 syns was more like bloody 70 syns haha! I had a HUGE chinese takeaway the night before with tons of chocolate and had already had chips for my dinner that day too "as a treat" just draw a line underneath and move on! to be honest on my weigh in a put gain 3 and half pound which im not surprised! but the following week (after being good) i lost 5 and half pound! :D

Thanks again. Ended up eating more than seven Extra syns..god first time in long time I ate so many toffee pops. Feeling tiny bit annoyed but glad it was only biscuits and finally stopped. Yes made me feel rubbish but that's it done and the bad day is gone. X

I sometimes have to think of my syns on a weekly basis or I wouldn't manage, and I haven't had any problems losing the weight so far. Although, I do have rather a lot of weight to lose!

Well weigh in done and I sts. Know the biscuits prob won't show so soon but star week approaching and I don't normally sts around this time. All good. Fresh start today. Big thanks to everyone for replying x

Back