Binge

lisabear x

I need to confess that I cheated last night in day 7 of TS, the think is I am a binge eater and this makes this plan so much harder, there are probably loads of people on here who will understand me completely, it's not really the stuff that I eat That is my problem it's the amount of food I can consume during a binge. Before I started I was having at least one binge per day which lasts normally about an hour or until I feel sick, so the hardest thing this week has been controlling the need to binge, and I lost it late last night, and was like a woman possessed, I really could do some help for this like CBT (Cognitive behavioural therapy) has anyone else had any therapy like this or anyone who can empathise with me? This morning I have managed to carry in with the shakes as normal but I don't know for how long, I hate myself for this if I could stop doing this u think I could lose weight normally, I've tried to divert my attention to other things to try and stop it like going for walk or hobbies but if its in my head I'm going to binge I will do it regardless x

You can do this Lisa!!! Just remind yourself of your 10lb loss!! I'm on day 4 and hungry as a mofo lol but keep reminding myself I'm going back to my motherland at Xmas and want to shock everyone :) I haven't had the energy to exercise yet and a few days found myself going to bed early just so I don't give in to temptation....wish the days and weightloss would go faster lol

I'm sure lots can emphathise with you! why don't you try and put a plan in place that you only binge on carb free stuff, so at least you won't come out of ketosis, until you can get the cravings/binge cycles sorted in your head? so tuna/mayo, chicken, eggs etc? at least it will be less damage to your body, plus protein fills you up pretty quick so Im guessing you could only eat so much?
Another trick I've heard about is to put an elastic band on your wrist and twang it when you feel the urge to eat? Its meant to stop you in your tracks I guess and at least give you time to think?
I've never tried CBT but its certainly meant to be good for food binge eating and turning negative thoughts into positives?

I hope you can get some help as theres nothing worse than battling against stuff. x

I've also heard about the elastic band and can imagine it being quite effective if it makes you think for a minute about what you have already achieved an where you want to be. I have also been an on/off binger and will eat anything and everything I can lay my hands on until I feel sick... I have been amazed at the amount the shakes full me up so I h net gone looking for food the last 3 days! Xx good luck! You CAN do this! :)

You can do this Lisa!!! Just remind yourself of your 10lb loss!! I'm on day 4 and hungry as a mofo lol but keep reminding myself I'm going back to my motherland at Xmas and want to shock everyone :) I haven't had the energy to exercise yet and a few days found myself going to bed early just so I don't give in to temptation....wish the days and weightloss would go faster lol

I have also gone to bed early a few times over the past week as my husband snacks on junk in the evening (and i used to join him!) so its a hard habit to break. As soon as he starts i just take myself off upstairs. Funny because im fine doing his and the kids dinners and not eating them its the sitting down after a long day then he starts! I go upstairs ( i think its significant that its a place where we dont eat) and i read to focus my mind elsewhere. Green tea really helps me too. Good luck dont let slips take away your focus u can always carry on x

Thanks to you all for your advice, I just think that if I confess on here it might help because I hide it from my husband and the kids, so if I tell them it's like I've failed but I have been 100% today so I think it's helped just writing what I have done and other people know and they get me if you know what I mean god I can ramble lol! But seriously the support from you all is much appreciated and means a lot x thank you x I am going to try so hard to do this x x

Plymscuba - that's a really good idea I will make sure I'm prepared with the carb free stuff and see how that goes x ta x

Yay well done on 100%!! That is impressive after slipping up! ;-)

I know!! Never done that before, next time I binge I will write it on here it might be that.. To confess!! X x

Apparently the Beck diet solution book (can be brought on amazon) is very good to read with regards to eating and diets. Could be helpful to you if you are wanting cbt.
People in other parts of the forum say the book is brilliant.

Thanks for that I will have a look I need something x I have decided to try the working solution so at least I can eat something x

Thats willpower alone being able to cook dinner for others and resist. Ive started having green tea and im fine during the day just exhausted and hungry when I get home from work

Sorry to hear you binged - CBT is a good idea. The book by Martha Beck - 4 Day win is really good - if you follow it!!! I found the bit about talking to the dictator and the wild child very helpful when I want to eat (must dig the book out again and actually do it properly)
You can get a preview of it here:
The Four-Day Win: End Your Diet War and Achieve Thinner Peace - Martha Beck - Google Books

Good luck and well done getting straight back on the wagon

Sorry to hear about your binge. I also binge as well and hide it from my family, even hiding wrappers, so I totally understand why you feel upset in case they feel you have failed, just remember you are doing this for you though, and only you know how hard the struggle has been and how well you have progressed from where you used to be as well.
CBT is a good option, to possibly be referred via your GP. The rubber band is also a productive measure I have heard of, and one I will be using as well when I start on Monday (eeek!).
So nothing more to add other than keep going and think of the end goal!

I feel the same, im prone to binge eating. would wait until the OH was out or upstairs and would fill my face to the point of feeling sick, i wasn't even enjoying it but because it was there i needed to eat it. I owned up to my OH the day i started this diet and he has been great with me, he has removed all temptation from me for the time being. I know i will need to eventually deal with the issue but when im on this diet i know that binging will being me out of ketosis and so far i have resisted x

I need to confess that I cheated last night in day 7 of TS, the think is I am a binge eater and this makes this plan so much harder, there are probably loads of people on here who will understand me completely, it's not really the stuff that I eat That is my problem it's the amount of food I can consume during a binge. Before I started I was having at least one binge per day which lasts normally about an hour or until I feel sick, so the hardest thing this week has been controlling the need to binge, and I lost it late last night, and was like a woman possessed, I really could do some help for this like CBT (Cognitive behavioural therapy) has anyone else had any therapy like this or anyone who can empathise with me? This morning I have managed to carry in with the shakes as normal but I don't know for how long, I hate myself for this if I could stop doing this u think I could lose weight normally, I've tried to divert my attention to other things to try and stop it like going for walk or hobbies but if its in my head I'm going to binge I will do it regardless x

Hey, I've had CBT before, it's a really helpful tool. It's hard work and really goes against the idea of a diet like Exante, I have to be totally honest with you. Having said that, perhaps you'd be able to get a referral for CBT through your GP if you tell him about your binge eating problem and just give it a try. It has definitely made me a lot more aware of behavioural patterns and triggers. xx

Back