Bingo wings

jcjazzy

Silver Member
Well its finally happened-I was pointing out something to a colleague today (the most critical of LL naturally,and the only one who hasn't mentioned the dramatic weight loss :D) and I noticed the bingo wings flapping about aargh......What would you recommend in order to reduce the flapping (technical term :D)?

Hi jcj, can't help, but I'm interested in the replies for myself :eek:. xx

surgery - at least that what i think i need!

i've also noticed my neck is getting saggy - yuk!

and my inner thighs

and don't get me started on my stomach....

sorry wandered off a bit there!

push ups against a door, dips using a bench/chair, using your band behind your back

not sure if any of these really work tho - they don't seem to be doing it for me!
daisy x

surgery - at least that what i think i need!

i've also noticed my neck is getting saggy - yuk!

and my inner thighs

and don't get me started on my stomach....

sorry wandered off a bit there!

push ups against a door, dips using a bench/chair, using your band behind your back

not sure if any of these really work tho - they don't seem to be doing it for me!
daisy x
Oh Daisy...........Can't afford the surgery sadly.....Anyway I'd rather have the bingo wings.I will try your suggestions though.My stomach is a mess anyway due to 3 full term pregnancies so not bothered about that!!I'm going for long walks to help the leggies.Good luck with your rehab too :D

Unfortunatly, it takes a long time for skin to shrink back - up to a year.

I think swimming is best, cause it uses ALL the muscles, but the things Daisy suggested are excellant too - just expect it to take longer then it might for most. Unfortunatly. :)
Do you know something about me I don't BL :D??Swimming is an excellent idea.Will try and up that too!!

Have lost about 21 lbs and noticed bingo wings flapping the other day as its the first time I have worn short sleeves - Yuk!. Will try some swimming. Actually wasn't aware that the skin does shrink back in time - so that is some good news at least. "In time" will I become a Cindy Crawford lookalike too.!!

It's possible, it will shrink back....don;t want to mislead you that is is a given....a lot depends on the amount lost, how long we were as big as we were, our age and genetics.

I can slowly see some improvement, but, I am still taking all donations for a nip and a tuck here and there if I need to@! lol

no i don't think i would really do the surgery thing jazzy- i too have had 3 ft pregnancies so gave up years ago of ever slipping into a bikini!!

its actualy my chin/neck i hate the most as i reckon its really ageing me!
i swim a few times a week but don't think its making any diff to my arms - yet. perhaps i'm not swimming fast enough!
daisy x

LOL Jazzy, the flapping thing really made me laugh!!

Mine are a bit erm...flappy too, and tops of inner thigh's are not looking good and like Daisy said let's not even get started on the stomach (2 big babies and c-sections) apart from that tho the rest of my legs are looking quite good and I have weirdly skinny (yes skinny!) ankles.

If I have the money after say a year or so (to really see what is left) then I would consider surgery .... favourite at the moment is a tummy tuck and wondering what the boobs are going to end up like so may consider that too .... better start saving!

x

Good underwear, tops with a bit of sleeve, some time and just a joy in being alive and a lot slimmer than we were!!!!

Don't get paranoid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BL wears leggings and looks fabulous. Who needs to see her legs bared?? And that turquoise blue near her face just 'pops' her eye colour.

Daisy you have a lovely smile, we're not looking at your chin!

Susianna, there are great undies out there and no one is coming along with a mirror, old fashioned military style, to check what you are wearing! Spend the money on something nicer.

I agree Foxtrot

I have the Bingo wings. Think I could take off if I try! Thiighs and tummy not too bad surprisingly. No babies probably helps with the tummy.
Whatever - the whole thing is so much better than being 21.5 stone. I'm not considering surgery. Icemoose was saying the other day he wishes now he hadn't had his tummy tuck. He's swapped the loose flesh for a long scar and I've read that the scars are long on the arms and often show depending on how the surgeon positions them.
So be sure before you decide on sugery. Think how many clothes with little sleeves and good underwear you could buy with the money.
Each to their own.............xxx

I flap my bingo wings with pride!! LOL, we're all only human, no one is looking for perfection. A lot of the time people actually LOOK for flaws in another person to know that they're just like them. Normal.

Surgery is silly (unless absolutely necessary). You have to ask yourself whether your loose skin is truly bothering you because it's in YOUR way, or is it bothering you because of "what some random person on the street who you'll never see again" thinks? Who cares about some random, I'm rather happy in myself, you have to look at your achievement as a whole. Loose skin? At least it's not filled with fat like it used to be. ... and to be fair, if you're really worried about what some person thinks - I'm not trying to be harsh, they're MUCH less likely that they'll notice a little piece of flab rather than a walrus coming towards them. (yes I used to be walrus sized, it wasn't nice :( )

I think I could cope with bingo wings instead of my tree-trunk arms :) ANything would be better than being morbidly obese - a bit of saggy skin is no problem. My belly's already a mess from a c-section and stretch marks so that never sees daylight anyway!!!

I'm convinced that even if I had surgery to correct the bits of me that I would like to change that I would find something else to be unhappy about. So have decided to love me for me - although I would like there to be less of me to love

This thread ws originally about non-surgical assistance with bingo wings :confused:.Seems to have become a debate about surgery :D.Does anyone have any other ideas about how to combat bingo wings with exercise? Thank you BL and Daisy!!

I don't think surgery is silly at all. Its a very personal decision.

I fully intend to have a tummy tuck. I would much rather a long scar then a flap of skin. (I have already had about 15 major surgeries in my life, and have at least two pending in the future - whats one more scar!) My overhanging skin is result of a hysterectomy that turned out not to be necessary has a whole back of emotional dissappointments attached to it. Everytime I see it, it hurts.

I didn;t lose all the weight to wear a bikini - but I would like to feel completely sexy when naked, and I don;t. THere is too much attached to it.

SO for me, when I can afford it, its coming off. Arms I am not so worried about, but for once in my life I want a flat tum, and surgery will be my ONLY answer.

Plus, I want to walk around naked. I want to skinny dip. I want to sunbath. I do all these things when I am alone, but I don't want to have to be alone.

Of course I would rather have the loose skin the the fat. But that doesn;t mean its wrong to want the loose skin gone too.
Its all a very personal choice

Don't quite know how to describe it, but they reckon:-
sit on the edge of the coffee table or on the edge of a chair, with your legs straight, hands on the table(chair) at the side of you and then lower yourself towards the floor and back up again - taking the weight on your hands, as many times as you can. read it somewhere in a magazine.
Certainly gives you nice little muscles and a bit of definition, but it hasn't totally got the bingo wings yet. I'm still trying,
I'm with Blonde logic, I'm sure our counsellor said it could take at least a year for the skin to shrink back, so I guess time will tell.
And I wouldn't be against giving time a big helping hand (or knife) at some stage, not necessarily on the arms, but I would also like a flat tummy, with no skin flapping in the way or hanging down. (It's bad enough seeing it in the mirror everytime I undress, without it reminding you of a sad time in your life, that must be awful - hugs)
Hope the exercise helps

Last edited:
(It's bad enough seeing it in the mirror everytime I undress, without it reminding you of a sad time in your life, that must be awful - hugs)

Aww, thanks hon. <hugs> I must admit, I did not know how much it was going to bother me - but it realllly does. I do intend to wait well into and over a year to see what happens, but its been 4 months since I completed RTM and have been exercising regularly, and its not showing any signs of going. So...time will tell.

Thanks again. :)

xx

Back