BinkyBonk needs to lose weight...

Morning peeps,

I have had a relaxing morning on the sofa and now need to get off my bum lol x

I need to do my cleaning and then walk to town, I have been watching the eat well for less programme where they are trying to help families save money on their food shops and they recommend to all the families that they buy their meat from the local butchers as it is better quality and cheaper or the same price so I am going to try our local butcher today to see what they are like :)

Then I am going to meet my friend in town for a chat and I am sorry to say it will probably involve a costa :O

Good luck at the butchers. ...I always think of doing that but it's just so much easier to order it online and have it delivered with the weekly shop!

I'm trying to clear out my freezer at the mo so maybe when I've managed that I'll try for a monthly meat shop. .....

Enjoy your chat and costa x

Good luck with butcher shops. I was in similar situation about 4-5 months ago, when we were very very tight with money and truth to be told, we saved every penny we could. My hubby was doing price check in every single shop before he knew where to buy.
Back that time we eat only chicken we got from iceland. Chicken legs then, they were the cheapest ones and saved us so many times. I did look to butcher shop too but tbh for me it was too expensive. Also what helped us was buying reduced price stuff, we went to shop about 8 a clock to see if there is some reduced price stuff.
Morrison was our saver more then ones. They had 5£ coupons in Sun newspaper that helped us with fruit and veggies and meat/fish.
As I said market for veggies and fruits but you said you dont have any in your area. Aldi is also good for fresh stuff if you may have one in your area.
I did not find usual coupons or sales very useful as they usually for stuff that is not free food in SW, but you never know. Chop tomatoes and beans are often 4 for 1£ in Asda, also Asda does pasta ( spaghetti ) for 20 penny's a pack. They were our go-to- when - you -low- foods. Sainsbury sometimes have 3 chicken for 10£ that is kind of good deal and also not so good. Icland chicken legs were cheaper but if you dont have iceland near , this is good too. Freeze two and you can have nice chicken roast or what ever.
For yogurt I used Asda syn free yogurt. Big tab for 90p I believe - it was cheaper then muller light or any other yogurts.
Sainsburys farmage frais is good price too 1.10£ for 500g and its nice and thick.
Tuna cans we get from Asda too. Cheaper then from poundland. Tho ravyta we get always from poundland. Asda smart price cottage cheese is free and very good price. Aldi light mayo tastes very well and good price.
Fry light is on offer or was week ago in few low price shops. Iceland have cheapest eggs. If you buy 2 pack (20 eggs) its 1,60£.
Food is not so expensive here as it was back home for me, but it still takes pound or two.
Hope some things here are helpful for you. Good luck girl and smile :)

Thank you my lovely, I am so pleased, hoping I can get as much off in February now :D

Bet it is horrible not having internet at yours :( how was the boot camp you were doing? X

Having no internet is awful - did not know I would miss it so much.

Finished Boot Camp and it was very good - lost 4lbs in 3 weeks but did not do it to lose weight but to get fit - lost 1.5 inches from my waist and 2 from my hips. Had to go out today and get some Jeans to travel in as the ones I bought a few weeks ago are now too big. Got size 10's today which I don't ever remember wearing size 10 in all my adult life.
Not taking too many clothes with me as I will have some made when we get there.

Good Luck with your Feb weight loss.

Good luck at the butchers. ...I always think of doing that but it's just so much easier to order it online and have it delivered with the weekly shop! I'm trying to clear out my freezer at the mo so maybe when I've managed that I'll try for a monthly meat shop. ..... Enjoy your chat and costa x

The butchers were really nice to me and I got chicken breasts and lean mince for £6 so will let you know how it is when we eat it :)

Good luck with butcher shops. I was in similar situation about 4-5 months ago, when we were very very tight with money and truth to be told, we saved every penny we could. My hubby was doing price check in every single shop before he knew where to buy. Back that time we eat only chicken we got from iceland. Chicken legs then, they were the cheapest ones and saved us so many times. I did look to butcher shop too but tbh for me it was too expensive. Also what helped us was buying reduced price stuff, we went to shop about 8 a clock to see if there is some reduced price stuff. Morrison was our saver more then ones. They had 5£ coupons in Sun newspaper that helped us with fruit and veggies and meat/fish. As I said market for veggies and fruits but you said you dont have any in your area. Aldi is also good for fresh stuff if you may have one in your area. I did not find usual coupons or sales very useful as they usually for stuff that is not free food in SW, but you never know. Chop tomatoes and beans are often 4 for 1£ in Asda, also Asda does pasta ( spaghetti ) for 20 penny's a pack. They were our go-to- when - you -low- foods. Sainsbury sometimes have 3 chicken for 10£ that is kind of good deal and also not so good. Icland chicken legs were cheaper but if you dont have iceland near , this is good too. Freeze two and you can have nice chicken roast or what ever. For yogurt I used Asda syn free yogurt. Big tab for 90p I believe - it was cheaper then muller light or any other yogurts. Sainsburys farmage frais is good price too 1.10£ for 500g and its nice and thick. Tuna cans we get from Asda too. Cheaper then from poundland. Tho ravyta we get always from poundland. Asda smart price cottage cheese is free and very good price. Aldi light mayo tastes very well and good price. Fry light is on offer or was week ago in few low price shops. Iceland have cheapest eggs. If you buy 2 pack (20 eggs) its 1,60£. Food is not so expensive here as it was back home for me, but it still takes pound or two. Hope some things here are helpful for you. Good luck girl and smile :)

Thanks for the advice moo, nice to have you back x

I am only working part time at the minute and until I can find a full time job we are tight for money.

The butchers wasn't too bad so will wait and see how it tastes and how much there is :)

I go on my days off to Tesco and Waitrose in the afternoons when they reduce there items and buy things I know we will use and I do a Tesco shop once a week and when our food items are on offer I buy lots so I don't end up paying full price for it.

I can't get to asda or aldi yet unfortunately but once driving I will be able to look offers up and then go there :)

Thank you my lovely I will continue to keep smiling x

Having no internet is awful - did not know I would miss it so much. Finished Boot Camp and it was very good - lost 4lbs in 3 weeks but did not do it to lose weight but to get fit - lost 1.5 inches from my waist and 2 from my hips. Had to go out today and get some Jeans to travel in as the ones I bought a few weeks ago are now too big. Got size 10's today which I don't ever remember wearing size 10 in all my adult life. Not taking too many clothes with me as I will have some made when we get there. Good Luck with your Feb weight loss.

I can't imagine not having internet x

Wow totally worth it for the inches then, well done x

Thank you hoping it will be another good month :)

So I walked to town and bought my meat from the butchers and went to the library. My friend picked me up and we went to the garden centre instead of costa and had a walk around, I got back and realised I had only walked 5000 steps... Rubbish, so I walked to town again and got a Waitrose macoroni cheese reduced to £3.79 so doing that for dinner which the bf is very pleased with :)

Am now at 9000 steps but literally falling asleep while I wait for dinner to cook, I have done all my cleaning so am deciding between a nap or reading my book lol x

Struggling to keep smiling tonight peeps, feeling sad after getting some rubbish news and struggling to see the positives, am sure I will be fine again in a minute just going to have a little cry and eat my kit kats and then start smiling again and watch the six nations x

Sorry to hear hun. Everything will be ok. If you need to cry, then cry. There will be sun out tomorrow for you. Hope you will feel better soon. Sending hug xx

hope everything is ok binks, we're here if you need us x

Struggling to keep smiling tonight peeps, feeling sad after getting some rubbish news and struggling to see the positives, am sure I will be fine again in a minute just going to have a little cry and eat my kit kats and then start smiling again and watch the six nations x

Oh no! Hope your ok hunni ... You have been so supportive to me feel free to pm me if you need to chat xxx

Thank you for the support my lovely peeps x

My mom has terminal breast cancer, she found out too late and it had already spread to her hip, spine, liver and pelvis. She has been on meds and they paused the cancer from spreading for the last few months (far better than the doctors expected) but today it is bigger in the breast and liver and in her lung, so she has to change to new meds to see if they can pause it again, but we are one step closer to losing her x x x

I will try to be smiling again in the morning moo, things always seem better after sleep x x

oh binks, I'm so sorry to hear that. Hopefully the new meds will work and you'll have more time with her xx

How are you today sweets? Xx

Thank you for the support my lovely peeps x

My mom has terminal breast cancer, she found out too late and it had already spread to her hip, spine, liver and pelvis. She has been on meds and they paused the cancer from spreading for the last few months (far better than the doctors expected) but today it is bigger in the breast and liver and in her lung, so she has to change to new meds to see if they can pause it again, but we are one step closer to losing her x x x

I will try to be smiling again in the morning moo, things always seem better after sleep x x

Binks I'm so sorry to hear this, sending you and your family a massive hug xxx

Back