bipolar and sw

MadameLaMinx said:
I dont have the experience with bipolar - BUT, I do with anti-depressants and SW. The good thing about SW is that if your medication DOES give you the raging hunger pangs, as long as you stick to superfree snacking, there is no reason you shouldnt still lose. Any medication which has known side-effects has to state what they are, whether that be one person having experienced them or half the people taking it. It doesnt automatically follow that you will gain weight on anti-depressants if you are eating healthily.

Hope you are feeling well soon! x

Thanks, just got to get my head around this n I'm sure I can still do it!

I am on anti-psychotic meds and antidepressents and had no probs losing weight and my friend is on fluoxetine and has lost over a stone doing sw :)

bunnylovesalan said:
I am on anti-psychotic meds and antidepressents and had no probs losing weight and my friend is on fluoxetine and has lost over a stone doing sw :)

Brill!! Thanks :)

Welcome! My Oh has bipolar disorder, and he lost half a stone in his first week on SW! You can do it :) Good luck

Kim_bee said:
Welcome! My Oh has bipolar disorder, and he lost half a stone in his first week on SW! You can do it :) Good luck

Thanks! I am finding it harder than before as I feel do hungry all the time and fruit and yogurts just don't touch it :(
I'm sure I'll get there, just disheartening when I feel I'm trying so hard and the scales are stuck grrrr
X

Just wanted to wish you luck for your journey, lots of lovely people on here to help if you need it xx

Thanks! I am finding it harder than before as I feel do hungry all the time and fruit and yogurts just don't touch it :(
I'm sure I'll get there, just disheartening when I feel I'm trying so hard and the scales are stuck grrrr
X

I think that is his problem too, the meds increase his appetite massively!!! To a point where he gave up on slimming world for a bit, but is back on track now. He has started having two dinners, one at about half three, the other at about seven (with me)!! But both full of free and superfree foods, and syn free. Dont know if that will help you, but it seems to help him, he just cant manage lunchtime till dinner, and having a fruit snack does nothing for him either.

Kim_bee said:
I think that is his problem too, the meds increase his appetite massively!!! To a point where he gave up on slimming world for a bit, but is back on track now. He has started having two dinners, one at about half three, the other at about seven (with me)!! But both full of free and superfree foods, and syn free. Dont know if that will help you, but it seems to help him, he just cant manage lunchtime till dinner, and having a fruit snack does nothing for him either.

Yes, that may be a good idea. It's really great to hear that it can be done still! I have lost 2 stone up to now but since starting on lithium I haven't lost anything. I've started to go swimming 3 times a week now to hopefully counteract the pills. Thanks for your advice :)

Hope you get to your goal! You can do it!

Back