Bipolar

Zest for Life

Gold Member
Anyone suffer from this or know anyone that does?
I think someone I know has it and don't know much about it. It's not as straight forward as depression. You can send me message if you don't want to put a public post up.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hi ive recently been diagonised with it what did u want to knw about it xx

Woo a reply! Yay!
Wanted to know if you get anxiety and paranoia. Get weeks with loads of energy can't sit still can't concentrate. Over sensitive to peoples feelings. Or broken down for no reason when out with friends? And how you get diagnosed and how's it controlled? Can you live a normal life? Sooo many questions! Also did you know or did someone make you seek help? Sorry such a ling post! ;)

Hi, Zest for life, It might be worth asking your GP to refer you to a community mental health team for an assessment with a psychiatrist if you want to find out. It may just be cyclothymia or some other emotional instability but as I don't know you I wouldn't want to hazard a guess. The most definitive way to get an answer is to seek an assessment. You can google the DSM IV(diagnostic manual) for Bipolar affective disorder and cyclothymia to give you a better idea but self diagnosis is usually counter productive. If you have an assessment then you can find out one way or another and see what treatments are available (if you need them). Hope that helps!

hi i get days where i cant get out of bed as it 2 much energy my body hurts to move and just sleep, get really depressed and get bad feeling and thoughts. then i get days where im full of crazy ideas dont sleep go on mad spending sprees and do stupid things like reading 3 books at the same time reading a page of each at a time ??? i no lol. i also get stages of binge eating which i struggle to control and have no care of the weight i will gain til after hence how ive gained 8 stone. i also get episodes of paranoid where i cant go places with people, cant go the shop if the car park is full etc and get panic attascks if i do, i also suffer with hearing things such as my phone or door bell ringing when it isnt or feeling someone is in my house when im alone or hear my name called etc. im seeing a phycatrist but tbh they dont really no what to do its trial and error trying different meds to see which work so you go bk to being normal, i havnt found one that works yet lol, feel free to message me as be nice to talk to someone else who is going through similar as i feel very alone with this illness xx

sv1711 said:
hi i get days where i cant get out of bed as it 2 much energy my body hurts to move and just sleep, get really depressed and get bad feeling and thoughts. then i get days where im full of crazy ideas dont sleep go on mad spending sprees and do stupid things like reading 3 books at the same time reading a page of each at a time ??? i no lol. i also get stages of binge eating which i struggle to control and have no care of the weight i will gain til after hence how ive gained 8 stone. i also get episodes of paranoid where i cant go places with people, cant go the shop if the car park is full etc and get panic attascks if i do, i also suffer with hearing things such as my phone or door bell ringing when it isnt or feeling someone is in my house when im alone or hear my name called etc. im seeing a phycatrist but tbh they dont really no what to do its trial and error trying different meds to see which work so you go bk to being normal, i havnt found one that works yet lol, feel free to message me as be nice to talk to someone else who is going through similar as i feel very alone with this illness xx

Thanks for the reply, sounds like your having a hard time, hope they can sort out the right medication for you to get you back on your feet.
It's not actualy me that has it. A friend of mine seems mentally unstable to me. I'm sure she has bipolar, the ups and downs she has are kind if mad. I tried talking to her but she just got annoyed, so might try again in a few weeks.
Hope things work out for you xxx

Hi, I've also just been diagnosed (about 2 months ago) with Bipolar Affective Disorder. I have started on medication today and my symptoms are very similar to the above ladies symptoms. I am down much more than I am 'up'. I sleep a lot more than normal, have no energy, no motivation, feel very low and numb, worried about everything or ignore everything (bills etc) feel very isolated, don't talk to anybody, have bad dreams, see things that aren't there (usually spiders in the house for some unknown reason??) and generally feel unwell. When I am 'up' I feel really happy, excited about life and make exciting new plans that I can't stop thinking about, my thoughts race from one thing to the next and I don't concentrate very well. I get up early and go out more, have mad cleaning sprees (last time I cleaned and polished each lat on every blind in the house in half a day - 10 in total then went to my mums and had to do hers!)
Everything seems to be in super fast time and everything MUST be done at once. That's all great to me because I feel fantastic and the house looks great but I also have spending sprees (last one was 2 tropical fish tanks and fish) which brings you back to earth with a bump when you realise the debt you have built up.
I'm hoping the meds will bring me up more without going over the top.
Hope this helps a bit and hope your friend will be ok.

I too am a bipolar sufferer. There's thousands of us out there. I just try take each day as it comes. I too am more down than up. Anyone got any coping mechanisms?

Sent from my galaxy s2 using MiniMins app

Back