Birmingham Meet - 2nd/3rd Oct ????

pooh, 3rd class compared with the Midland Teams, think Leicester Tigers, think Mosely. :)

Yea but the Cornish will do it dreckly - they do everything dreckly in Cornwall.

How is The Midlands at gig racing? (That's gigs as in long row boats)

Dreckly, LOL

Shortge of water here for that type of thing Gem, I'm presuming it's seaborne? or is it on rivers. Either way, not heard of it around here love, sounds fun though.

Defo sea stuff - just had the championships in The Isles of Scilly - Rose of Cadgwith was there. We watch the Cadgwith teams training when we're there x

Sounds like good fun Gem. I'd like to watch stuff like that.

Here's a clip of some gigs racing. The original gigs were used to pilot ships into harbour. Nowadays the racing is international and happens on sea and rivers. It is amazing how a small place like Cadgwith can host a huge race weekend with gigs from all over converging on a tiny cove :)

YouTube - HPIM1642

Cracking, some great vids there Gem, thanks.

They have a girls team at Cadgwith as well as the blokes and they really move. We stay behind the gig club and we know they all party well too!!

I bet love, looks like hard work as well.

Yep i can do that weekend too...week after my half Marathon.....you can all admire my blisters.....
Karen what about York in August???I love it there and Mich talking about her weekend there is making me desperate for a trip

Aw... I'm gonna have to disconnect this thread cos I really wanna be there with you all but Grandson's birthday has to take priority I'm afraid. Enjoy the weekend everyone x

Yep i can do that weekend too...week after my half Marathon.....you can all admire my blisters.....
Karen what about York in August???I love it there and Mich talking about her weekend there is making me desperate for a trip

YAY!!! And ouch!!! xx

I loved the York meet! And i too have been reminiscing after reading about Mich's weekend away!

Prob for me is that i'll have started my new job by then and have a 3 month training program so not sure i'll be able to take any holiday in that time - and York is too far for just a Saturday....

Maybe we can all have a mini meet in August in Brum?! Say all meet up on a Saturday?

Maybe we can all have a mini meet in August in Brum?! Say all meet up on a Saturday?

I changed the date to October so Sandy could come. That's the only date she can make. x

I'll be there! :)

Karen you're a greedy glutton for meetings and I like you :D

LOL thanks Jim!! I think Brum is the best place to meet being a central location and all that! I haven't been to a meet since York in September and I'm getting some serious withdrawal symptoms!

Back