Birthday dilemma

Caz can do it

I'm doing ss+ and have been 100% for the last five weeks. It's my birthday on the 18th. I'm going out for dinner that week and also have family coming over. I will be being good if course but I don't know wether to do step two for that week or just have the two meals. It will be week seven by then so ill need to do step two by week 13 anyway.

Not sure. I'm so focused and have lost 33 lbs in four weeks so far. Have weigh in tomorrow as well.

What do people think?

week one- 17 1/2 pounds week two- 4 1/2 lbs week three- no weigh in week four- 11 lbs

If it were me, I'd have the time off in between. If it's less than a week between the meal and the family visit, then don't have a week-long break, just break long enough for the two events. You'll have other birthdays, yes, but I see no reason why you shouldn't enjoy this one "properly". If, however, you're the kind of person who stopped and started the programme a lot before cracking on with it, then I'd stay on track and maybe just have some chicken/fish and salad for your two meals, because you're doing really well and it's not worth throwing yourself off course if you're not 100% certain you can quickly and easily get back on.

OMG, totally disregarding your question, your losses are absolutely bloody amazing. Among the best I have seen.

There is no real answer to your question, if you are sticking with SS+ it won't matter whether you do a week or just two meals. If I were you I would just do the two meals as you are doing so brilliantly, however, the other perspective is you are doing so brilliantly you deserve a week of meals. Decision.

Well one is on Wednesday and one Thursday. The dinners will be basically meat and veg. So not bad.

Thank you very much. I'm really trying hard to sort this out once and for all!

week one- 17 1/2 pounds week two- 4 1/2 lbs week three- no weigh in week four- 11 lbs

You losses are fantastic - well done you. Personally I wouldn't do anything to damage the roll you are on (says she who took 2 years and total regain to get back on after an enforced break). Have your meat and veg meals and enjoy them for what they are - and stick to plan otherwise - and look forward to another wonderful loss!

Thank you. I have a lot to lose so its taken a chunk out already.

Think I will speak to my consultant tonight and see what she says.

I took time off for my birthday a couple of weeks ago, I had three meals and made sensible choices (chicken/prawns/crab and salad) and stayed on plan for every other meal. I still managed losses so it can be done! I have also seen people who have gone totally off plan for a few days and although they have gained that week they always seem to lose it all plus some the following week.

So enjoy your birthday, I used mine as a test to see how I can make the right choices when the day comes that I go into maintenance.

I have to agree with the other comments, your losses are really amazing! Xx

Starting Weight: 11st 7lb. Week 1 WI: -7lb (11st). Week 2 WI: -3lb (10st 11lb). Week 3 WI: -5lb (10st 6lb). Week 4 WI: -3lb (10st 3lb). Week 5 WI: -2lb (10st 1lb). Week 6 WI: -1.5lb (9st13.5lb).

Thank you.

I'm hoping it won't wobble me off course!

I'm wondering the same as its my birthday in 5 weeks. Think I'm going to just see what my weight is at the time and decide then x

I've decided to go step two next week as ill have to come off and do step two at week 13 anyway.

Lost another 5 1/2 pounds yesterday too! Hoping to reach my 3 stone before my birthday next week which will be 3 1/2 pounds. Fingers crossed!

week one- 17 1/2 pounds week two- 4 1/2 lbs week three- no weigh in week four- 11 lbs week 5- 5 1/2 lbs

Back