Birthday in a month - need advice!

Hi everyone :)

I'm currently on day 4 of LT but it's my birthday on 5th September and my OH wants to take me out for a meal at my favourite Japanese restaurant. So this is 4 weeks away but I'm not sure how I should approach it. I would be gutted if I had to forego my birthday meal totally (I'm very willing though to pick the healthiest stuff on the menu coz all the food is so yummy!)

I didn't really have a set amount of time I wanted to be on LT for. I guess I started it with the intention of just getting past week one and seeing where I go from there. So my question is... what would I be best doing? Carrying on LT 100% and just having a naughty day on my birthday and then picking back up 100% day after OR doing LT until a week before my birthday and then going onto maintenance and having a naughty day on my birthday? All of this assuming I can stick it out on LT for that long lol!

I'd really appreciate any advice. xxx

Hi manseydoll

I don't think I'll be much help to you but my birthday is on 2nd September and I was planning on doing TFR (only on day 3 at the moment) up until my birthday, have a naughty day and start again the next day. But then I have thought about just gritting my teeth and not eating anything, so I'm undecided. I think it will probably end up that I eat, I have a twin sister (who's a skinny cow!) who will probably force cake on me so I'd have to oblige haha. Whatever you decide to do, don't feel bad about it and enjoy your birthday either way :) xx

Hi laura.m :)

Well done for making it to day 3 and good luck for the rest of the month.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It really is a tough decision isn't it?! I know for sure that I don't want to not eat for my birthday dinner and I'm pretty sure I can trust myself not to go crazy either... it's just whether it is better to go on refeed or maintenance to limit impact of eating on that day. The first few days on LT are hellish for me so the idea of having to go through that again if I have one naughty day isn't appealing! I'm just so desperate not to allow one day to be my downfall lol. So I'm hoping there are people out there who have approached the naughty day in different ways and can give us some advice!

Mansey,

I think the most 'proper' way to do it would be to carry on with Lipotrim until the week before your birthday, then do re-feeding for a week, then have your birthday meal, then go straight back onto Lipotrim. The downside to this is that you probably will have those few days of not feeling very good when you start again. The upside is that you get to have a week or so eating healthy meals and a little break for yourself.

The other choice is to not re-feed, have one naughty day and then carry on with Lipotrim as before. This way you'll probably put on a few pounds and then probably lose most (or maybe all) of them again the next week. Unless you go absolutely mad on your birthday (which you don't sound like you want to) the weight you might put on would be mostly fluid not fat anyway. Plus Japanese is generally pretty healthy (I think) so you probably won't do much harm.

So it's just down to what you feel you'd rather do. :)

Oh and you mentioned Maintenance - after coming off of Lipotrim's Pharmacy Programme, you need to re-feed before going on to Maintenance so that you re-introduce different food groups in the right order.

Whatever you do, I hope you enjoy your birthday! :)

Mansey,

I think the most 'proper' way to do it would be to carry on with Lipotrim until the week before your birthday, then do re-feeding for a week, then have your birthday meal, then go straight back onto Lipotrim. The downside to this is that you probably will have those few days of not feeling very good when you start again. The upside is that you get to have a week or so eating healthy meals and a little break for yourself.

The other choice is to not re-feed, have one naughty day and then carry on with Lipotrim as before. This way you'll probably put on a few pounds and then probably lose most (or maybe all) of them again the next week. Unless you go absolutely mad on your birthday (which you don't sound like you want to) the weight you might put on would be mostly fluid not fat anyway. Plus Japanese is generally pretty healthy (I think) so you probably won't do much harm.

So it's just down to what you feel you'd rather do. :)

Oh and you mentioned Maintenance - after coming off of Lipotrim's Pharmacy Programme, you need to re-feed before going on to Maintenance so that you re-introduce different food groups in the right order.

Whatever you do, I hope you enjoy your birthday! :)

Thanks for explaining that for me :) It's all very confusing at this early stage in my weight loss journey! Assuming I can keep up the 100% I think I might just stay on that and have that one naughty day. I think if I try to limit my carbs on my birthday meal then I may even be able to stay in ketosis, so even if I put on some water weight I won't have to go through the first few days of feeling crappy again :) Restricting my carbs might make it pretty hard at a Japanese restaurant seeing as it's mostly based around rice and noodles but I'll try and stick to things that are mostly meat/fish.

Heya, I know this isn't the 'right' way to do it but if you feel like you'll be able to get back to Lipotrim strictly the next day, and you won't be drinking any alcohol, I'd say just go for the meal without refeeding; in the end you'll be eating less food that way. I know this is not for everyone and it really does depend on the individual, but I was fed up last night and not feeling well so I had a spaghetti dinner, and today have had no problems going straight back to being 100%. As long as you don't make a habit of it and do what feels right to you Im sure it wont have too bad an effect on your weight loss :)

I don't really have anything to say from a medical perspective, but I can only say that I am the sort of person who finds it hard to say no to treats (that is how I ended up on Lipotrim in the first place :D)

From a willpower perspective I would find it incredibly hard to stop for just one day and then start back up again after having gone through the really tough few days/weeks of getting started. If I was in your position I would ask my OH if we could do something non food related as a treat for my birthday and ask if we could plan to have gthe meal in the restaurant as celebratory meal at the end of the lipotrim journey. That way I would feel like I had something to look forward to and wasn't missing out.

Everyone is different though, so don't feel bad if you decide to have a day or a week off :)

I would leave it off untill you are done with lipotrim to be honest. it will be a nice treat after refeed :)

Back