bit confused

kimt514

hello people .... I am one week into SW and it's the first time I have ever seriously tried to lose weight. After 1 week of eating loads of fruit, fat free yog and cottage cheese, going for a run/walk every day (30 mins) AND giving up wine .... I lost a measley 1.5 lbs. Utterly disheartening. Was pleased to read the helpful comments on here about not losing much at the start.
I AM CONFUSED .... I've got so much info from my first meeting but don't relly understand how you set about having a red or green or EE day. I've been using the free foods as my guide but am not sure if what I end up eating counts as a red day or whatever. Where should I start?
p.s. have had no syns ... is it a mistake?

hi kimt514 and :welcome: to the forums. I understand what you mean about being disheartened re slow weight loss however, what you have to think is that is 1.5 pounds I will never see again and if that does not help try googling 'what does a pound of fat look like' - I find this very motivational! It is better for the weight loss to be slow and controlled as it is less likely to go back on!

I am not following the SW diet but I am sure that those that do will soon assist you with your queries. You may also want to post your query in the Slimming World forum on here as you will be more likely to get an answer on there!

I am sure I will bump into you again but for now I wish you the very best of luck on your weight loss journey

Sharkbait1983 x

Don't get disheartened! I'm the same! Last year it took me over 3 months to lose a stone and I was doing everything possible! But Sharkbaits right about seeing how much a pound is! :) Also from your exercise you could also be gaining a little muscle which is like 14 times heavier than fat! (I think!) Keep doing what you're doing! :)

It takes time to learn how to use a diet programme. Suggest you keep reading the book. I started on EE and didn't bother reading about green or original so as not to be confused.

Ask any questions in the SW section

Irene xx

Back