Bit disheartened again

SerenityValley

Surgically happy.
Short post as at work and using iPod to post. Only lost 2.5 pounds and feel quite disheartened. Am worried again that this is going to stop working or that I will fail. If loss stays this way I'll be stopping in 3 weeks as can't bear the thought of adding another 12 weeks or more. Men I hear lose faster - someone forgot to tell my body that. Anyway proper post tonight where I will feel less sorry for myself.

Oh Andy - it always goes in fits and starts... and you have done VERY well so far - how many weeks has it been? Over 100lbs - oh... my... god..!! Incredible!!

Try and stay focused - 2.5lbs isn't bad at all - particularly judging by the time of year... just think how many people out there would be able to claim a weight 'loss' over Christmas?? I bet you next week will be a biggie - it's so damn cold, your body could be holding onto fuel/fluid - just don't discount it just yet - if you stick with it, it WILL continue to work... it's mad getting your head around that fact, but do try - you've come so far - stay strong!!

Anna xx

Andy it can be disheartening but WOW you have lost over 100lbs so far, thats amazing!! I had a couple of weeks were I only lost 2lbs and then after that it went up again. This will not stop working, not if your sticking toit so keep going youll be at goal in no time! If you were to give up next week after a low loss the chances are you will be putting o n. The losses all add up.

Remember BL tellignus she had a few weeks where her losses were only in ozs. You lost of chrismtas which is amazing. Keep going you will be there soon!

Short post as at work and using iPod to post. Only lost 2.5 pounds and feel quite disheartened. Am worried again that this is going to stop working or that I will fail. If loss stays this way I'll be stopping in 3 weeks as can't bear the thought of adding another 12 weeks or more. Men I hear lose faster - someone forgot to tell my body that. Anyway proper post tonight where I will feel less sorry for myself.

its fairly impossible for it not to work, i promise you.. Sometimes, like our head, our body needs a chance to catch up with itself.. you find that the weeks where you lose less, you're body catches up the next week and you lose more.. You're doing so amazingly and don't let your head take that away from you.. i understand how disapointed we can get, but our bodies are wonderful and technical, beyond means we even understand, so you just hang in there and keep your head high and you WILL succeed...!! and lucky you for having an iphone..!!

x x

I can't particularly relate yet - as I don't truly understand how hard this diet can be (whoo, bring on two weeks, and maybe I'll change my below post!)

But I would just like to echo the thoughts above which are - You have done amazingly well so far. You have invested a huge amount of time effort and money - and as statistics show - if you don't see this to the end it COULD be a complete waste of time.

Try to keep going Andy - Geez, I can only imagine how hard it can be - but just take a while to sit and think about all the pros and cons.

Sorry you're so disheartened

You still lost and you are doing a fantastic job - hang on in there, you're bound to have a bumpber loss next week

xxx

Hey Andy

Focus on your achievements to date not on a week were the loss was less than expected. In my last two months on the diet I had weeks were I lost 1lb sometimes less and I remember bursting into tears one time I just felt like it was all going wrong again. Hang in there it will go.

Picture yourself at the weight you want to be again and again, I feel the visual is what kept me on track more than anything else.
Hang in there friend. And have a wonderful new year.

T

Mindless weight loss record below shows that it is very normal to have a slow week.

You are doing excellent!

Love Mini xxx

Mindless (male)

History
Week 1 to 4: - 16lb, - 11lb, - 4lb, - 6lb
Week 5 to 8: -6lb, -3lb, -7lb, -3lb
Week 9 to 12: -6lb, -4lb, -2lb, 0lb
Week 13 and 14 then 15 and 16: -15lb, -1lb, -4lb
Week 17, 18, 19: -5lb, -3lb, -3lb
Week 20 and 21: -7lb (thats the Ton up folks)
Week 22 and 23: 0lb (Birthday excuses), -5lbs
Weeks 24 and 25: +8lbs (no excuses but a storm has broken and is rained out)
Week 26, 27 and 28: -10lbs, -5lbs
Weeks 29 and 30: -6lbs
Week 31,32: -1/2lb (but I don't count that), 0lb (its official, I'm d**king about)
Week 33,34: -9lbs (thats better), -6lbs (Oh my God a pound to go and I'm on holiday LOL)
Week 35: +10lbs (another reason to hate holidays LOL)
Week 36: -8lbs (after the yo - the yo)
Week 37: -7lbs (gosh, guess that means I've made it)

Now in Maintenance 17 weeks!

Road to Maintenance Heaven

Weeks 1 to 4: +5lbs, 0lbs, -3lbs, +3lbs
Weeks 5 to 8: 0lbs, -5lbs, 0lbs, +1lb (a ripple)
Weeks 9 to 12: +12lb (SOTY Week), +4lb, -13lbs,0lbs
Week 13 to 16: -2lbs, -2lbs, 0lbs, 0lbs
Week 17: +3lbs (? - no idea why)

Wait a minute Andy - someone forgot to tell your body that being male it would lose faster then a women? Erm....mate...you have lost 100 pounds, and more, since September!!!!! Ahem. That is WAY faster then us women did......ahem. ;) 2.5 pounds - there is nothing wrong with that Andy.

I've said it before, - patience is key.

Are not just a few more weeks far shorter then the years spent heavy? Not worth a it? ;)

Mate - you have lost over 100, and only have 35 to go - 1/3 of what you lost so far.

There are going to be fast weeks, and slow weeks - we all have to deal with that. You are not doing it wrong - its just your bod. If you stop now.......and try to lose the rest by other means.....it will be a lot slower then the 2.5 a week you had this time around.

You must look at the total - not the week. Remember my list of weekly losses - 4 or 5 in a row that were mere OUNCES.

Had I given up, well, I wouldn;t be sat here in my size 12s. I would be panicking because I would be wishing I had not thrown out my big clothes as I would be working my way back in to them.

You have to be patient Andy, and kind to yourself, and recognise there is no faster way, and that slow weeks (though NOTHING slow about 2.5 pounds) well - they ALL add up to BIG losses.

Chin up mate. Things will look brighter tomorrow. :)

You have 35 poujnds to go - just over 2 stone. WOmen will lose one stone a month - and as we know you will lose faster - and are losing faster - that is only 8 weeks give or take, based on that calcluation. not 12.

Come on mate - you can do it. You are so close to the end - don;t start thinking of throwing in the towel now!!! You are SO close!!! JUst bolster up, grin and bear it - and cross that finish line!!

You CAN do it.

<hug hugs and hugs!!> You can. Really. :)

You have invested a huge amount of time effort and money - and as statistics show - if you don't see this to the end it COULD be a complete waste of time.

Excelloant advise from someone not even started yet.

You are going to do just fine Em. :)

(Course - I already knew that. :))

Not wanting to take away from Andy's thread - but BL I just got a spasm of happiness then! Plus just had some good news from my LLC, so I shall be bumbling off the the Jan thread!

Andy - I do hope you are feeling better about this.

Proper reply later, but just wanted to clear up how much I've lost.

I've lost 108lbs this year, 37lbs of which were before LL. I've therefore lost 71lbs in 15 weeks, which is ok - but it's really 58.5 in 14 weeks, which is also ok. But of the 20 or so men I know, I was heavier than all but 1, and have lost slower than all. And many of the women I know lose far better than me.

That said, I don't for a moment begrudge anyone their losses, I just wish I could have them too. Even blokes joining my group at 15st were losing 6 or 7 a week. And I'm terrified that my good losses are now gone.

But non-mopey, and self-pitying Andy will be along later :)

ETA: And I'm changing my target - rather than 32 to go, I actually have 46 to go. At 2 to 2.5lbs a week, I'm looking at several more months instead of a couple. I guess that's why I'm worried, as I have failed at every other diet I've done, and it's always been because of being disheartened.

Fair enough ANdy. :) I get ya. It can be hard to see others losing faster. But there will always be someone you lose faster then, ya know?

I fully understand though - when I started LL, even though I knew I wanted to lose 10 stone, and that it was a stone a month - for some reason I kept saying, "I can't wait for June!" thining ( hoping hoping HOPING) I would be done by then. It was easier to imagine 6 months instead of 10. Maybe it was a psychological trick to keep me going, or something.

But as June approached - I realllly wanted to be done, because I kept saying that. I had to bite the bullet and face the music and aceept that I still had at least 3 months to go.

it seemed like such a long long time to go. I really felt I had enough, just wanted to be normal. BUT - I knew I wasn;t done - and I knew i HAD to complete my journey. It was a matter of life and death for me if I am honest. I just HAD to. So I dug in. Again. FOr the long haul, and started what I thought would be a long slow haul to the end.

I know it may seem so far away to you now Andy, but if I could bottle it and make it tangable, to prove it to you, I would - and that is this: It will go FAST!!! So fast, that when you are at the end you will wonder why you made a fuss about it. I say this, because I did it! lol

You still have good losses to come! and - you still have dissappointing losses ahead too. BUt most important - what you have ahead - is reaching our goal. At last. Finally.

Don't give in just yet - not when you are so close.

Please. :)

Back