Bit of advice please

fairy3853

I came back to SW afew weeks ago, only this time 31 weeks pregnant. I hate going to group, always have, there just not for me, but felt I needed guidence those first few weeks. Iv now got a goal in sight which is to loos 10lb before bubs is born in 9 weeks.

Thing is, im on a tight budget and just now were having a few financial issues and with a baby on the way, im wondering if its worth paying the £5 to go to group when I hate it in the first place. I dont like getting weighed on an evening, its like waiting to be hanged all day. Im just wondering realy, weather to ditch group & just go back to getting weighed at Boots. The difference in weight on the 2 scales 0.5lb and i used to get weighed at boots every monday morning before & only cost me 50p.

I always come on hear for help & support & never my C. I think so far iv used the SW syns calculator twice & recipe ideas I also get off hear. I guess what im wondering is, as I hate going to group so much, am I just looking for a reason not to go? I know I can do it on my own if iv got a goal in sight. What would you guys do

Hi There.
What part of the SW night do you dislike? The people?, the consultant?, the location? or the SW plans ?
New comers sometimes find the plans confusing at first but with time it gets easier.
Sorry to hear about your financial problems, having a baby is always a financial burden on the pocket.
Maybe the best plan would be to continue weighing yourself at Boots and following the SW plan at home until after the baby is born, then rejoin possibly another SW group.You can always ask fellow members of this forum if you have a problem.
Pete

I feel the same about going to group - the clapping is the bit that I struggle with the most to tell the truth. But I also feel like it drags on a bit and I keep thinking about all the other things I could be doing.
I rejoined last week to get the new book, but have really found myself more focussed and on-track than I have been for a long time so am going to weigh-and-run for a few weeks and see how that works out.
But, if you're on a tight budget and don't feel its making any difference and you don't enjoy it, I'd say save your £5. You can always go back if you feel like you do need it after all.

Have you got any 'holiday' allowance? If so, I'd take a few weigh-ins off and see how you get on at home. That way you haven't really lost anything if you decide you want to go back.
I hated going to group. Much happier at home (so far)

I've always found that if I don't go to group then I tend to cheat myself. My C is lovely and deffo the best one i've had so far but starving myself until 5pm is not good. Then I sit there for 2 hours just waiting to leave so I can have some food.. which normally ends up being a take away because i'm SO HUNGRY.

I've got money issues too at the moment so I am currently weighing at home. Since Christmas I have gained 8lb. But this week I stuck to it and have lost 4lb and have also weighed in 2 days early. (Group is usually on a Monday but C changed it to a Wednesday over Christmas because of the bank hols)

If it wasn't for this site, I don't think i'd stick to it at all.

Thanks for your advice friends. Iv decided to ditch group for now. Went to boots this morning and id lost 3lb, but I think i might have a stick next week as I got weighed this morning without having breakfast, & dinner.

Iv got to admit, I feel better for NOT going, as I just hate it, The happy clapping and me being centre of attention for 30 seconds is not my thing. I cant say I have a problem with the people that go, becouse I dont and there all there for the same reason as me and my C is the best iv had so far, but im still going to do it from home for now. Iv got my target in sight so ill stay motivted, thats not an issue for me once I have a target, but iv got to say, I couldnt do it without Minimins, the support I get from all you guys, far outweighs any support iv ever had before from any group, and the sence of humour you all have astounds me at times.

Will suck it in when my sons born & go back to group for a while as im hoping to breast feed & know its a slightly different plan when breast feeding.

Jodieboo - I agree. Starving yourself until 5pm is NOT good. So why do you do it??!? I weigh in at 7pm and eat through the day as normal (although I do wait until after group for my tea - but I don't usually eat tea before 8pm the rest of the week).

I find it helps to have a slow cooker meal on WI days - ready and waiting for when I get in!!!

fairy3853 said:
Thanks for your advice friends. Iv decided to ditch group for now. Went to boots this morning and id lost 3lb, but I think i might have a stick next week as I got weighed this morning without having breakfast, & dinner.

Iv got to admit, I feel better for NOT going, as I just hate it, The happy clapping and me being centre of attention for 30 seconds is not my thing. I cant say I have a problem with the people that go, becouse I dont and there all there for the same reason as me and my C is the best iv had so far, but im still going to do it from home for now. Iv got my target in sight so ill stay motivted, thats not an issue for me once I have a target, but iv got to say, I couldnt do it without Minimins, the support I get from all you guys, far outweighs any support iv ever had before from any group, and the sence of humour you all have astounds me at times.

Will suck it in when my sons born & go back to group for a while as im hoping to breast feed & know its a slightly different plan when breast feeding.

I know what you mean about the happy clappy stuff last week was my first week and I found it all a bit uncomfortable! Still perseverance may be the key, we shall see after tonights weight in!

Jodeieboo.
Why don't you plan your weigh-in day with light meals ending with a soup? I do and I have found that I don't feel hungry!

Jodieboo - I agree. Starving yourself until 5pm is NOT good. So why do you do it??!? I weigh in at 7pm and eat through the day as normal (although I do wait until after group for my tea - but I don't usually eat tea before 8pm the rest of the week).

I find it helps to have a slow cooker meal on WI days - ready and waiting for when I get in!!!
Why dont you take a container and nibble on some superfree fruit? Our group is at 12.30 so obviously lunch time. Many people eat their lunch whilst waiting for IT, or eat it during. Just a thought:D:D:D

:bighug::bighug:fairy 3853 Thank you for such a lovely post. We are all on here to help and support each other and in return we get supported ourselves.

Back