bit of panic has set in!

batlo8

For some reason today all i can think about is the main goal. The goal which is 5 stone 4 1/2lbs away. And its terrifying me. Potentially this could mean months upon months of dieting and it seems such a long slog Im scared i can't stick it.

Has anyone had a similar goal and if so how long did it take?

Has anyone done the diet in stages? Like 3 stone off then refeed then go back to it? Xx

i lost 5 1/2 stone in 4 months the 2nd time round. it's no as long as it seems when you compare months on cd with years on any other diet.

Oh yeah definitely, i know its a lot quicker than anything else.

That is a fantastic loss you achieved! X

Hi
I did 97 days SS, then SW for a few months.

Now I'm on part 2 day 42 SS.
I'm currently down 4st 6lb.

It's not easy to split it up like this. I didn't have a choice, as had some medical problems. The one advantage though I think is that I have already had a 'trial run' of eating whilst trying to maintain.

I definitely haven't cracked it, but am confident that I have learnt the skills I need, and I won't go completely off the rails. I just need a bit more practice!

Unfortunately for me, I am still 3stone from goal - so I'll have to stick to this for a while longer yet!

The time will fly passed for you. As you feel your body change everyday - theres always a success to focus on and keep you going!

I think if you really step back and look at the situation, you'll see how much more beneficial doing this for however long it takes to lose the weight you want to lose will be for you, rather than e.g. giving up and carrying on as you used to. Sticking it out v giving up? Don't be scared, or you will feel tempted to give up!

Just keep focused on how much happier you will be with yourself :) You deserve to be happy with yourself, everyone does! And if you're not right now, then taking steps to correct that makes you one hell of a strong person. I know for me, thinking that way really helps me stick to this diet. I'm changing my life, for me, for the better...it makes me know I can do it :)

i went through this phase periodically, and i expect i will again. completely despondant at how long i'll be doing this - how long i have been, and how long still to come.

all you can do is be sure you're doing the right thing, and then get your head down and get on with it. time does pass. the weight will come off. My total to lose is 8 stone, and 14 weeks in, i'm halfway there.

try not to dwell on the time. all you can do is keep getting through the day, and then the next. One day at a time, one pound at a time. one stone at a time.

but hugs - because it's a horrible thing to think about.

Im the same,thing is although you have a goal, once you have got some of it off,in my case 2 stone you start to feel better i know with another stone i can fit back into size 16s i just take it a stone at a time now, then it doesnt seem so bad xx

First time I did this my eyes were on the goal all the time and like you it just seemed so far away. I fell off the wagon and it took me two years to get my head in the right place to restart.
This time round I am enjoying the diet so much more as I am taking it day by day and enjoying how good I feel each day - I feel as if I am treating my body well and getting healthier every day. This time I am not giving myself deadlines or looking at the whole amount I need to lose. It really is much easier for me!

Thanks for all the replies :)

I have decided failure is not an option! I *may* come off after 3 stone, not just for a break but also to have a trial at maintaining. Cos lets face it if i can't maintain 13 stone, Im not going to manage 11! Ill see how i feel when i get there.

Anyway, had a sneaky weigh in this morning and I've lost 8.5lbs! In 5 days :) happy happy happy! Xx

Back