Extra Easy Bit upset about group

Rosie134

I have been going to this group for 9 weeks now and the people are lovely and it's all great but two things are really upsetting me. They do not do Slimmer of the month: Now this is upsetting because I haven't had a gain since starting and have had the best loss out of the group for the two months. However, I only just won Slimmer of the week because my losses are at 2.5lb generally every week and someone is always coming in with about 3lb loss. I just find it a bit unfair that I am consistently losing and working my butt off, and never winning. Also, and I have heard many groups do this, the consultant adds a week onto the time you have been there. She counts the first time you came as a week, so even though I have been on the plan for 9 weeks she counts it as 10. It isn't that big a deal but when she announces it in front of everyone I just feel a bit cheated out of a weeks loss. I don't want to move group as it is so close (about a minute's walk) and the people are nice. Is every group like this?

rosie have a chat with your consultant tell her how you feel can understand its a bit upsetting when you are doing so well

Personally I wouldn't worry too much about those things. You're doing great and otherwise the group must be fairly supportive so it's obviously working for you. That first week is counted for everyone so it isn't a case of other people's losses look better than yours, it's all the same and other than you thinking it seems like you should have lost slightly more no one else would even think about it, they're probably all in total respect and inspired by your constant losses. I understand that these things obviously matter to you so have a chat with your consultant but also try and see the bigger picture too.

The consultant doesn't add a week on nthe week you joined is week one, the system sets it as that and the PDA has that on. She's not doing it on purpose and everyone is the same.

Slimmer of the month - ask her why. She probably forgets as there's no real prompt on the PDA and its easily missed. I have to set a reminder in my diary else I would forget.

Talk to her. Us consultants are only human after all :)

My group doesn't do slimmer of the month either. I have often wondered why. Is it down to the consultant's personal preferences?

Thanks, I did think the 'first week thing' may be done everywhere. The Slimmer of the Month thing is upsetting but I will talk to my consultant about it :)

Rosie - you have done great, so dont be upset - make sure you speak to your C about it and I am sure its just been overlooked.

Don't fret too much about it, Rosie. I wish I was doing half as well as you! I have stuck to it religiously and, although I am losing, it's certainly taking its time about it! :D Just glad I'm enjoying it though. Remember, your main reward is how amazing you'll feel and look when you get to target and you're definitely heading in the right direction. :)

Kathy

I know how u feel, I won woman of the year in my group and was gutted that I didn't get a certificate as my friend won it in her group and got a certificate, a sash and a lot of other goodies! I think it's down to the consultants tho

Have a quiet chat to your consultant, I did when I discovered that an award had been awarded incorrectly & it was very soon changed with no trouble!

So what if your group doesn't give slimmer of week/month.

youre the real winner here because you're loosing weight sucessfully and regularly.

Well done and keep it up xxx

Well done on being so consistent, just a shame you don't get a reward for it because I think it's incredibly hard to do.

Back