bit worried opinions please

bebbosgirl

Morning, well, i am really trying to alter my lifestyle and drop alot of weight and get fitter as well. I had my 57th birthday last week, and have just joined a gym which has a ladies only part if the building, which is why it appealed to me, and it is only 15 pounds a month but i had to sign for 12 months to get that deal..anyway.question is have i been stupid in thinking about joining a gym at my age? i am booked in for my induction next week and am now doubting whether i capable of it or not....what do you think? thanks for taking time to read..any help gratefully received x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins

Hi Bebbosgirl, Good for you. You have just taken the first step and WELL DONE.
You will be assessed on the day of your induction. Tell the instructor of your fears and they will give you support and guidance.
We are never to old to learn. GOOD LUCK.X

Thank you so much for taking time to reply.yes your right i will have a chat with the trainer on my induction, and hopefully we can sort out a plan that is doable for me. Thanks again. Have a good weekend x

Thank you so much for taking time to reply.yes your right i will have a chat with the trainer on my induction, and hopefully we can sort out a plan that is doable for me. Thanks again. Have a good weekend x

My mother only had about a stone to lose. She joined the gym at 60 and her friend 66. At her induction they take lots of things into account like BP, age, meds etc and they often can help you work out a plan doable. So of course it is not silly. We all have different needs that we take into account when we exercise. At my old gym I used to chat with a guy in his 70s. And the amount your paying is amazing wish I could find a gym in that price range.

Hi Bebbo, at my local gym you get lots of older people going :) don't be silly, you are never too old to join the gym! Good on you for signing up x

Thanks everyone. You have really helped me today...hope i can return the favour one day. Really excited now :))). have a great week.x

Good for you! I'm 62 and if my hips, knees and ankles would let me, I'd be in the gym. At the moment I dance (curtains drawn tightly:8855:) in my front room. I can only do about 20 minutes and most of that is standing still and stretching in time to the music, but it's a start isn't it? Don't think of it as growing old Beebo, think of it as growing up. As i said to the optician yesterday... I don't need stronger glasses, just longer arms.

bebbosgirl said:
Morning, well, i am really trying to alter my lifestyle and drop alot of weight and get fitter as well. I had my 57th birthday last week, and have just joined a gym which has a ladies only part if the building, which is why it appealed to me, and it is only 15 pounds a month but i had to sign for 12 months to get that deal..anyway.question is have i been stupid in thinking about joining a gym at my age? i am booked in for my induction next week and am now doubting whether i capable of it or not....what do you think? thanks for taking time to read..any help gratefully received x

I think only you know if your capable of it
and if your in good health otherwise why not
good for you

Hi beboo

i think its gt your going to the gym

you go for it age is only a number we have to use

Back