BL & SB Photo

Thanks everyone

for your kind comments.
Not only has LL given me my life back, but I've met BL through it too.
Hurrah.
Went to the GP today, just to say thanks to him for sugesting that being overweight might have been the cause for my constant chest infections and pneumonia. He was really gracious and touched that I had made the effort. I was his first "patient" and he said it would make his day. I had to show him my " before" pic because he didnt recognise me!

I've met BL through it too.
Hurrah.
!

awwwwwwwwwww, bless you hon. I feel the same. Its just another blessing that has come out of all of this!!! :) :) :)

I am so glad you had a good visit with the doc. I bet that made his day - he must have been really touched, and I bet he still feels good for it. Nice one!!

See you Monday!!

xx

It's great you two have become pals. If you could pick one absolute best thing about your experience what would it be? Have either of you achieved another dream now, something you really wanted to do but couldn't before for example?

It's great you two have become pals. If you could pick one absolute best thing about your experience what would it be? Have either of you achieved another dream now, something you really wanted to do but couldn't before for example?

Hi Lyn

Tough question as there are just so many facets.

FOr me, the best thing to come of this, is I want to live now. Where as before,......well....lets just say life was pretty dark. This has given me my life back. And I have found myself again, and I hadn't been me for years and years and years.

Well, now, I can run. I can climb hills. I can walk into a room full of people and not want to dissappear. I can stand up for myself. I am no longer a door mat. I can wear heels. I can wear short skirts. I can look in mirrors. I can fight my corner. I have more confidence then I have ever had in my life.

I can get off the couch by standing up, not by leading with my belly and hoping for momentum. I can dance. I can face life.

THere is not one specific goal I wanted to do before and can do now. I just wanted to know what it was like, just once in my life, to be normal. ANd I am normal. I blend into the crowd. And if I choose, I can stand out in the crowd.

I have just landed an excellant job that I put myself out for. I have had three jobs since January each one better then the one before. I never would have had the confidence to decide "this one is not for me- lets find a better one" I would have accepted my crummy job and lived with it.

I always wondered what it was like to have your man carry you up the stairs. I now know. And its FAB.

I have now been able to confront many demons, and lay many ghosts to rest. Forever.

And I have learned to forgive myself.

I could go on and on and on. BUt you get the idea.

It's changed my life, immeasurably. And I wil never, ever go back to how I was before. And I know that.

It is worth every single bit of blood sweat and tears....every missed outing/event....every time watching others indulge and enjoy while I abstained....worth ever bit of it.

WOuld I do anything differently? Not a bloomin thing.

:)

Looking HOT ladies!! xx

Thanks Ladies,

Lyn, good question, but impossible to give one thing.
My whole life has changed. It needed to!
All the things BL said and others.
So much more energy, good health now. Blood pressure, cholesterol, thyroid, pain in my foot, all fine now.
I need and want less sleep. My relationship with my OH is heaps better, he is very proud. I now have a new eternity ring with 12 little diamonds to signify my 12 stones lost.
I can buy clothes in normal shops and have to look at the small sizes! Went girly shopping with a friend yesterday and tried on clothes in a cubicle with her. Can't ever remember doing that before.
I don't see that look of dread on people's faces hoping the fat woman won't sit next to them. I'm not the last one with an empty seat next to me on the train. Men open doors for me again and try to chat me up. I don't feel invisible any more. I've changed my job, my hair, my image. My wardrobe can't contain all my clothes now.
I feel like i've re-started my life where I left off 25 years ago. Ive stopped beating myself up and feeling guilty.
So much more I could say............... xx:copon:

oh wow, you two look amazing and are so inspirational. I was just feeling a bit blah having just weighed in but if week on week it gets me anywhere near what you two have achieved, how can I be anythng but happy?

Well done both of you, and how lovely that you have this friendship too

Back