Black spots on tongue!! Help??

dabihp

Been on vcld for four days (lipotrim) and now have blkack spots appearing on my tongue?? is thsi a side effect??

eek that doesn't sound too good-suggest you go and see your GP

A quick google throws up some nasty results, best see your doctor as polishrose says.

Not heard of that before, i agree with polishrose & leehal seek advise from your GP....xxx

I had a black tongue once it was a type of thrush and caused by antibiotics went away when I stopped taking them.

Not sure or not if I have heard of thrush on the tongue on VLCD. Possibly I did once someone will confirm I'm sure soon. I wouldn't get too worried you could always phone NHS direct.

Dizzy x

I had a tongue like that once, when I was pregnant. After a while the black bits became really sore and then fell off. I think it was probably down to lack of vitamins as the baby was taking all its nourishment and leaving me with nothing, plus I had severe morning, noon and night sickness. It eventually cleared up. The Doc just said it was geographic tongue. But as the others have said, you should probably go and get it checked out just to be sure.

Back