Blah Blah Blahhhhhhh!!!!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by pumpkin2008, 20 April 2009 Social URL.

1. pumpkin2008

pumpkin2008 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.34%)
    Diet:
    low-cal
    I was on a course today, amd so I made myself some EE tuna with pasta and salad and packed yogurt and banana. Was on a roll, 5 days without going AWOL on SW, and what happens?? They have lunch made for us! Sandwiches and buns! I was too embarassed to go get my packed lunch as they were all skinny and eating it all so I didn't wana be the fatty eating the 'healthy stuff'. (I'm a GEEK). That wasn't too bad, I thought, aww well, I'll just flexi syn it and be good for dinner and the rest of the day, but then instead I get a footlong subway complete with cheese and southwest sauce, AND a cookie! THEN, I come home eat my subway and drink 2 litres of Bulmers!!!!!
    ARRRRRRRRRHHHHH!
    I WANT TO CRY!But, at the same time--- I'm out of booze and I want more! What a situation LOL. Aw well, I'm back to the gym tomorrow nioght, and I'll take my pack lunch to work tomorrow with me. It's not all bad :p
    I just don't know why I do it to myself sometiimes! xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Frontier-Phil

Frontier-Phil Silver Member

Diet:
    SW-Red
    You ask why do you do these things, i suppose you need to revisit your feelings after your course that made you go to subway. I bet thay something in the day made you feel different... what do you think. Once you get to know what your triggers are you can identify how to avoid them, and then replace the need to go of the rails.

But the main thing is that tomorow is another day and you can dust yourself off and start again, that's the great thing about SW

Phil X

couteaux and angelslice like this.
  4. pumpkin2008

pumpkin2008 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.34%)
    Diet:
    low-cal
    Thanks Phil, I seem to do it once a week an undo any good work I've done! I'll have a think about it. Thanks again x

5. Frontier-Phil

Frontier-Phil Silver Member

Diet:
    SW-Red
    I have every confidence in you... Its clear to me you have taken the first steps already...as you say it happens once a week so at least if by Saturday you haven't gone off the rails.... its gonna happen on Sunday.

Best of luck

Phil x

6. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi

Having a binge once a week won't undo all of 6 days work - but it will probably slow your loss up a bit - so don't beat yourself up too much.

It could be your the sort of person that once you've had bread it makes you crave more. I have that with chocolate - seriously. If I have some, even a small bit, I have to scour the house like a locust to find more. (No exaggeration!).

7. Harrie

Harrie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I can leave chocolate but a fresh, crusty loaf . . . :eatdrink023: (pretend that's bread!)

But I think we've all been there where the skinnies are tucking in and you don't want to get your healthy food out. Why do we do this?

8. SkinnyMoo

SkinnyMoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    To be honest, I would have done the same. The amount of times I've been on a course or away at a conference and "had" to eat the meals provided. It's the stigma of a diet, we dont always want to admit to being on a diet if we are "big" - well i know I dont!

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on track!

9. Rachella

Rachella Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(26.79%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting and shakes
    I've done the same (on a semi-regular basis!!) Pumpkin so don't be too hard on yourself... for some reason I do it when I visit my brother - he has a corner shop opposite him and I often pop in for sweets/chocolate - but I can't buy one item, oh no, last time I went I ate a BIG packet of hula hoops, monster munch, pom bar, fudge bar, freddo bar and topped it off with a glass of wine. I was utterly ashamed of myself and I have no idea what 'triggers' this!

10. *Fallen Angel*

*Fallen Angel* Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I agree with Phil about finding your trigger. For me it's any "bad" food. Once I get so much as I taste, I truly cannot stop till I've gone on a major binge.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.