Blah Blah Blahhhhhhh!!!!!

pumpkin2008

I was on a course today, amd so I made myself some EE tuna with pasta and salad and packed yogurt and banana. Was on a roll, 5 days without going AWOL on SW, and what happens?? They have lunch made for us! Sandwiches and buns! I was too embarassed to go get my packed lunch as they were all skinny and eating it all so I didn't wana be the fatty eating the 'healthy stuff'. (I'm a GEEK). That wasn't too bad, I thought, aww well, I'll just flexi syn it and be good for dinner and the rest of the day, but then instead I get a footlong subway complete with cheese and southwest sauce, AND a cookie! THEN, I come home eat my subway and drink 2 litres of Bulmers!!!!!
ARRRRRRRRRHHHHH!
I WANT TO CRY!But, at the same time--- I'm out of booze and I want more! What a situation LOL. Aw well, I'm back to the gym tomorrow nioght, and I'll take my pack lunch to work tomorrow with me. It's not all bad :p
I just don't know why I do it to myself sometiimes! xx

You ask why do you do these things, i suppose you need to revisit your feelings after your course that made you go to subway. I bet thay something in the day made you feel different... what do you think. Once you get to know what your triggers are you can identify how to avoid them, and then replace the need to go of the rails.

But the main thing is that tomorow is another day and you can dust yourself off and start again, that's the great thing about SW

Phil X

Thanks Phil, I seem to do it once a week an undo any good work I've done! I'll have a think about it. Thanks again x

I have every confidence in you... Its clear to me you have taken the first steps already...as you say it happens once a week so at least if by Saturday you haven't gone off the rails.... its gonna happen on Sunday.

Best of luck

Phil x

Hi

Having a binge once a week won't undo all of 6 days work - but it will probably slow your loss up a bit - so don't beat yourself up too much.

It could be your the sort of person that once you've had bread it makes you crave more. I have that with chocolate - seriously. If I have some, even a small bit, I have to scour the house like a locust to find more. (No exaggeration!).

To be honest, I would have done the same. The amount of times I've been on a course or away at a conference and "had" to eat the meals provided. It's the stigma of a diet, we dont always want to admit to being on a diet if we are "big" - well i know I dont!

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on track!

I've done the same (on a semi-regular basis!!) Pumpkin so don't be too hard on yourself... for some reason I do it when I visit my brother - he has a corner shop opposite him and I often pop in for sweets/chocolate - but I can't buy one item, oh no, last time I went I ate a BIG packet of hula hoops, monster munch, pom bar, fudge bar, freddo bar and topped it off with a glass of wine. I was utterly ashamed of myself and I have no idea what 'triggers' this!

I agree with Phil about finding your trigger. For me it's any "bad" food. Once I get so much as I taste, I truly cannot stop till I've gone on a major binge.

Back