Bland help

Soaps

I am new to Cambridge and am finding it really easy so far. I am on 3 a day plus a little skimmed milk. The only problem I have is the food tastes so bland. What seasonings are ok and wont effect ketosis? I use a few rocket leaves in soup shredded and a tiny amount of black pepper but would welcome any tips. The porridge and toffee and walnut make me gag. I couldn't finish them, they reflux back out! So far only chilli, brocolli and cheese and choc mint agree with me.

Hi and welcome!

Personally I despise the soups, but many here love them. If you find them bland, you can add black pepper, dried herbs, curry powder or chilli flakes. As for the shakes, I find them tastier made with crushed ice or hot. Mint chocolate is divine hot! I put my bars in the freezer to make them take longer to eat... yummy! Hope that helps x

I use fresh basil, mint, thyme, and coriander.

Some people add nutmeg, or cinnamin to their shakes as well.

Pepper and chilli flakes, cumin and coriander powder are good for leek and potato and oriental chilli.

I used curry powder once but then realised that there was salt in it :(

Ohhh I thought curry powder was allowed Hannah? Ack, nevermind- ignore that bit of my advice then Soaps!

I'm not entirely sure about any of the above as they're not in the book, and if it's not in the book then you're not supposed to have it.

I think that herbs and spices are ok additions but mixed things like curry powder have hidden extras like salt, which can lead to water retention and perhaps add to cravings.

I think you could use tumeric, and cumin, coriander etc by themselves to be like a salt free curry powder perhaps :confused:

Back