Blending Shakes

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by jammyjaney, 13 May 2014.

1. jammyjaney

jammyjaney Member

I was just wondering how everyone blends their shakes up! I don't feel that shaking them gets rid of the powder! I have a hand held blender but that's a little messy!
  2. tashah23

tashah23 Member

I have a hand held shaker but agree that it's not best. I use a jug and hand held blender most of time and it does a good job. I think trick is to get hang of it so it doesn't cover the whole kitchen :)
  3. Hothmog

Hothmog Active Member

Have you bought a CWP beaker with the little whisky gadget in it? I use that and it's fab x
  4. NickyandDean

NickyandDean Active Member

I use that aswel... and I think it was only £4.50 x it is really good!!

Oh and no mess :)
  5. LizzRob

LizzRob Well-Known Member

i have a balloon hand whisk and a large jug....or one of those cheapo shakers that the gym folk use for their protein shakes. It cost about £3 and works a treat
  6. Tiggemma

Tiggemma Well-Known Member

I use the shakers (I have one each if the Cambridge one with the whisk ball and a maxi muscle one with the plastic mesh thing in it). I think the trick is to shake for like a minute. Think about getting rid of those bingo wings as you do it! Also make sure the water goes in before the powder.

I think ink some of the shakes always taste powdery (choc orange) but get those arms moving and it should be good.
  7. LizzRob

Loving working out for the shake lol

Current loss: 17lbs and 12 inches
  8. Tiggemma

Shaking for a whole minute is tiring (I timed it once to see how long it actually is!) got to work for your dinner!
  9. Trijian

Trijian Well-Known Member

So far only used the shaker, but yeah I do find they still come out a bit lumpy. Was shaking my lunch one for a good couple of mins and still had a few lumps in it. It's all I can use at work though, so will just make do :)
  10. LizzRob

i dont mind the lumps weirdly! i also use loads of water rather than the amount on the packet! i prefer them thinner
  11. Tiggemma

I use lots of water too. Always good to get the extra water in!
  12. LizzRob

When I have my shakes now, I have a pint glass and another glass as I use about 800ml of water! Lol

Current loss: 17lbs and 12 inches
  13. Ian1975

Ian1975 Well-Known Member

I use a magic bullet!

With 4 kids, it's a handy blender :)