Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

I actually sought out your diary (because of that thread, as I'm quite new here and am still figuring out who's who) and have thoroughly enjoyed reading your diary...

I can't believe it's going to stop! NO! I've "subscribed" to your thread now...

FFF - we're all different people embarking on the same journey. Different ways of doing things. I for one love your forthrightness and can see nothing wrong with that other thread (but that's another subject, not to be discussed here of course).

Please reconsider... your diary is very important, both to us and you...

well im addicted to your diary ! im also going to the turn up on the exes doorstep bit,but he was ok about my weight it was me that had the problem with the lack of confidence ..me thinking he was too good for me drove him away ,id love to thank him,and say ..what ya think? anyway hopefully will get the signed form form my doc yesterday after a looooong week of waiting ....then i can start my diary too ,,well done you and good luck x

Toys back in me pram... Friday night again..

Right then,... with my toys and dummy firmly back in me pram:rolleyes: I'm sat here thinking how to restart my diary.. think I'll just go for it feet first! (usually how I face challenges!)

Despite the obvious upset of the last couple of days I have, LORD only knows how, (sheer bloody-mindedness I think!) managed to stick 100% to the diet!

I have had my scrummy add a meal for 3 evenings now and have to say that I enjoy every single scrap... and... (here is the sad confession time...:rolleyes: ) I lick my plate!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: I just don't want to miss a scrap! lol So, the dog is pretty pis*ed off about it and Zoe is pretty disgusted ... so I told them both to sod off! ;)

Where did I get to with "Eric" .. oh yes... I was wondering if I would ever see him again... well.... I am!! He has rung me every day/evening since Sunday and last night we jabbered away for almost 2 hours! Am doing my level best not to read TOOO much into it all as I tend to wear my heart not only on my sleeve but on my front, back, arms, legs.. it's not hard for me to fall in love WAY too fast!!:rolleyes: :eek: So... am being VERY careful about this one... hurt potential is off the scale methinks... but you know what:confused: .. he makes me laugh out loud and THAT is just SO attractive! lol:D

When we were chatting last night he said that he would love me to go down and see him (he lives about 75 miles away!) on Sunday for the day.. hell, a gal doesn't need asking twice!!! I didn't even pretend to have to think about it.. lol

So.. at 8am on Sunday morning I will be driving along the A43 and M40 heading for a day of packing (he moves next weekend) and laughing and giggling. (and who knows what else!!!!:eek: ) He asked if I was still ok to eat on Sunday (he knows I have to stop again Tuesday) and when I said yes, he told me he will get some chicken and the allowed veggies and will cook lunch for us both! HOW COOL IS THAT!!!?? He's going to have the same as me but heaps more and maybe some rice too. I'm well impressed that he even considered it! (very impressed that he was clearly listening to my inane wafflings too!).

He texts me too during the day.. and this evening (about 5) he rang to say that he wanted to call me then as he won't get chance now until we see each other Sunday. (He was on his way to collect his children and then tomorrow is going to a works do and won't be home until 3am Sunday).. I'm out tomorrow night too so he's probably right. (I am showing SUCH self-control and not bombarding him with texts or calls! - Yay me! Finally learning not to be a bunny-boiler!);) :p

Today was a killer at work :rolleyes: - trying to sort out the accounts having taken them over mid-financial year, it was very complicated and I had to have the wonderful instruction of a smashing chap called Stan who is absolutely a treasure!! We were working on the figures ALL morning and my phone get beeping... well.. you know how it is... I was DYING to check it but couldn't coz what we were doing was SO complicated that I couldn't... in the end I did and there were 3 texts ,.. the final one asking if I had stopped talking to him!! LOLOLOLOL (now THAT's how I would be!!! LOLOL) have to admit it made me chuckle to think that he just might be getting to like me a bit more too...;) :p

Anyway - got it all done and feel chuffed that it means I can relax and not worry about it anymore now until the meeting on Wednesday morning with our auditor.. I have to go on a training course too... all to do with PAYE and all sorts of tax! (I'm NOT a mathematician!!:eek: :eek: :eek: ) Still, it's a bit of a jolly and another course to pop on the old CV eh?;)

As for the diet.. (sorry waffling on about Eric too much!:eek: hee hee)... the Perfectly Clear is making it SO much easier - I love it :eek: :D and am going to the Cash n Carry tomorrow with an empty car ;) :p (* oh, no more news from the horrid people who bought my old car thank goodness!)... and a debit card at the ready! Going to see if I can get some more ramekin dishes as I use them so much now (what with stuffin muffins etc!). Might see if there are any nice prezzie ideas there too.. need to get a few stocking fillers but nothing pricey and the CnC is great for that at times! :)

Tried making the stuffin muffin with the veg flavour tonight - NOT good :( ... couldn't manage more than a mouthful of it so lesson learned - going to get lots more chicken and mushroom for next time! (Truly is yummy).:)

Chilli crisps made and sitting in a dish for later when I curl up on the sofa next to the mutt in front of telly.

Zoe has gone to a rave tonight in Birmingham... :( I hate it when she goes to them..:rolleyes: I worry the entire time, but bless her she said she will text when she gets there and when she leaves to come home and when she is back at the station... so.. even though I will have a broken night, I don't care! She's with a load of mates, but even so... I do worry about her.:rolleyes:

Feeling a bit bloated tonight and when I looked in the mirror I felt like my face had got fatter all of a sudden so am not going to AAM tomorrow or Monday and see if that helps... would be horrid to not lose this week having been so good!

Who knows, perhaps I could do some form of exercise:confused: ;)

Oh.. and my washing machine packed up this morning too! Full (naturally) so will be doing that tomorrow... (no idea where my nearest launderette is!). Still,. always a first time for everything!

Sarah (my daughter at Uni) was online yesterday and really chuffed 'coz I sent her a "Pirates of the Caribbean" advent calendar and a gift card for Asda! :p ;) I cried when she blew me a kiss and waved bye.. sometimes it just gets me that way... other times I'm absolutely fine... funny really...

Sent out an invite to my friends to come to our local Wine Bar next Friday night to celebrate my birthday..:D (not my b'day on Friday but close enough.. lol) and gave strict instructions for no prezzies, just them! It's the first birthday in 2 years that I have really felt like celebrating it and one of my fave singer/songwriters is playing there (thanks to me giving them his contact info.. hee hee hee)... so I thought why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone! :p ;) His name is Chris Smyth and he really is good - if you like Nick Drake's music you would like Chris's.:)

So, that's Friday sorted.. no plans for next Saturday but hey, that's a whole week away yet!!

Music festival flyers are ace... I got them all designed and sent off to the printers and arranged to pick them up yesterday afternoon.

I was late leaving work at lunchtime :mad: and had arranged to meet my mate at the wine bar (I take in my Perfectly Clear and they let me drink it in there coz they know me so well - Uh oh - that sounds bad! LOL... it's coz of the work with the music festival... I persuaded them to host a music quiz last year and it was such a hit that when they got their license to be a wine bar (in the day they are a coffee house)they asked me for musicians details and now they have live music every Friday and Saturday night! ) They're a lovely couple too (the owners) and always great to see. Anyway... where was I... oh yea... met up (late) with my mate and had just sat down to draw breath and was relating the saga of yesterday on here.. and my mobile rang...

It wasn't a number I recognised and, :confused: given the recent car situation, I was hesitant to answer, but I did. It was my hairdresser!!!! I had forgotten that I had made a 2pm appointment to get my hair coloured and cut!!!!!!

A hurried apology to my incredibly tolerant mate,...and off I trotted to the hair salon... was SO embarassed!:eek: :rolleyes: I had it in my diary for NEXT Thursday!!! so.. very pink from embarassment and rushing... I sat and let her get on with ploughing through my thick head (easynow!!!;) ) of hair and pasting on the dye and wrapping it in foils... I rang the printer (fortunately I know them from my days working for a business gifts company) and explained.. she said she completley understood and that they would be there until well into the evening so not to worry! (Aren't some people just fab!!)

... so... I settled down while 2 of the hairdressers were now doing the colours and foils... (I do have rather a lot of thick heavy hair). Long story short (I know - you;'re thinking.. NOW she says that!!)... 3 hours later and I am ready to leave.. not entirely happy as my roots look just as they did when I arrived so I have to go back and she's going to do them again in a couple of weeks (for free of course)... but we had a good giggle and natter and I did almost nod off while under the drier!:eek: :eek:

I left , £63 the lighter !(I know, its a lot!!! I was shocked too!! Not quite sure it was worth that much - I think it's because I have so much hair and it needs loads of dye and then she washes it, cuts it.. etc etc... whatever, that's how much it was and I felt better for having it done!

Rushed off and picked up the fliers (not even had one lot of CD yet and was really hungry! - see I meant to be home by 1 !!! ).It was now getting close to 6 by the time I picked up the fliers and shot round to my mate who is another of the festival organisers ,, to drop the fliers off with his wife.. During all this rushing around "Eric" rang me so I was a very happy girlie :D

Got in and the first thing Zoe said was - WOW , love your hair - shame about the roots though. LLOLOL That's my girl!! :p

Finally got my dinner ready, (turkey breast, garlic, fat free dressing with garlic, brocolli, cauliflower and a stuffin muffin) delish!!

Also made a choc mint muffin for pudding.. was totally stuffed by the time I got through it all too! Felt good though.. :D

Tried to get on with some work and failed miserably... very preoccupied about stuff.

Then "Eric" rang again... hee hee:rolleyes: ... we chatted for 2 hours.. it was ace! Discussed all sorts of things.. he told me some very private things about his family and I felt honoured he had confided in me. We talked about our good points and bad points.. he had a massive list...(none of which have put me off in the slightest!) I didn't even know where to begin with mine so I did the honorable thing... told him the only thing he really needed to know at the moment was to lock away sharp implements 1 week in 4 !:eek: :D :p

He told me about the time one of his daughters asked him "Daddy, what IS PMT?" to which he told her that it was a question she should ask her mother but as far as he was concerned it meant the week that daddy went to the pub! LMAO:eek: :D

He is a very devoted dad. We talked about how I had handled things when I was on my own with the girls when they were little.. and I basically didn't allow my boyfriend (ultimately 2nd hub ) have anything to do with them for a LONG time! We agreed that it was definitely the right way to be.. I was quite relieved as I don't want to meet his children until (and indeed if) we are more certain of one another and how we feel.:)

They are beautiful children, I've seen all their photos.. very lovely. Well disciplined too by the sound of it (which is a mega bonus!)... oops... veered miles off subject again! Sorry! :eek: :rolleyes:

So, after his call I do the honourable thing and surf the net awhile... then pootle around the kitchen... unload and reload the dishwasher... wipe down the surfaces... go to bed and lay there reading the paper from 3 days ago ( I buy papers and rarely read them the same day!!- oh pants! I have one in the car!!!)

Oh.. Zoe just texted - she's on the train... bless. I know she's very excited.. lol

And so, eventually (I think it was about 3) I got to sleep and then woke to the horrid bleeping alarm at 7 and off to work again today (see earlier comments as to how THAT was!).

Remembered (just in time) to get boss to sign cheque for my wages.. and managed to get to the bank JUST as they were about to lock up! (4.30). then it was a mad dash to iceland to see if I could grab some BOGOFF perfectly clear.. no flamin' chance... asked the assistant where it was and he said.. oh Iceland don't sell that.. so I said I thought that was very odd as it was on a special offer with them! We agreed that it must be the larger branches and I left with a pack of chicken breasts and a tub of flora. I think that is the least I have EVER spent at Iceland in my entire life!!!! £4!!!

And now.. well.. here I am... it's gone 9pm and I'm thinking of having a lovely shower, slipping into me now baggy jimmy's and curling up with me chilli crisps!

Might play some of the arcade games on here first though... not that good at them but I do enjoy playing them! :D

Only 4 more days to next weigh in.. have mixed feelings about it as I definitely feel like a right bloater at the moment... hmmm.. more water maybe?? Maybe not... I am only wearing earrings in case I spring a leak!!:)

And finally (good old That's Life!;) )...

thank you, all, for your support and kindness these last 48 hours.. it meant a great deal.

Sometimes I need to extricate myself from harmful situations, that way it is easier to return.. calmer and happier..so anyway... thanks again . hope each and every one of you has a wonderful weekend.:)

Don't forget... 11am tomorrow.. even I shall be silent for at least 2 minutes!!

Hi FFnF

So glad you're posting on your diary again....it's brilliant!

Being just a lurker normally it's always the first thing I read in the morning :D

Keep it up....you're doing sooooo well on the diet too!

Morning FFF so pleased to see u r posting again hun.Lets draw a line under the events last week, well donre 2 u for being so strong and motivated and sticking to Ssing u go girl.

Your diary is amazing i loved reading it, so much is going on in your life !!
Hope u have a good weeknd, take care xxxx

Saturday morning... am I still in ketosis???

Thunderthighs.. (love the name..
445.gif
hee hee) - thank you, your messages have been very welcomed.

Saturday morning and I've done beggar all... lol.. Zoe was as good as her word
azzangel.gif
and texted me to let me know she was in the club ok and also when she was on the train home too.. and I heard her come in at 8.30!!! Needless to say, she's sleeping all day today..
schla03.gif
tee hee.. so another quiet day here.

Deliberating whether I can be bothered to go to the Cash N Carry or if I can manage until Tuesday when I'll be passing it on my way to my weigh in...:confused: might wait.. still have a bit here and maybe a couple of days off it might make me drink more water.. got up and did the usual pee stick thingy and was mortified that it didn't go pink!
1011.gif
Blind panic... texted my cdc (poor love)... and said HELP!! Bless her heart she rang me back and reassured me.. so that's ok...
044.gif
phew!

Feeling really tired but I must be sleeping better as I had the most bizarre dreams!!
025.gif
I used to dream loads but then I piled on the weight (well, no.. actually I've been piling on the weight for years but since last Christmas I piled on even more!! It was all the fab meals
trink04.gif
that my then chap was taking me out to! I loved it! I have eaten some scrummy nosh but hell, look a the price now!! Hmph.. I knew I was gaining too but just ignored it..) anyway... with the extra weight I stopped dreaming and that is when my sleep apnea started I guess... so.. although I am tired I know I am sleeping better because of the dreams !

I don't want to waste today but am feeling rather lazy to be honest... I'm sitting in my study and looking at the pile of papers stacked up - all needing sorting and filing or binning or shredding but not feeling particularly motivated.. lol

Might force myself to do an hour of it and then feel smug that I did.. oh heck! I need to post some birthday cards!!! Poo...
689.gif
forgot!

Didn't forget to keep schtum at 11. My mum's some high-ranking thingy-wotsit in the British Legion (president or summat) in her county so she will be busy this weekend. Must ring her and see how she is today... it's been a bit tough of late for her with my stepdad. (He has Alzheimers).

She DID have some fantastic news this week though:D .. she went to see her oncolagist and he told her that he only expects to have to see her once more and will then discharge her ! (She had breast cancer a few years ago).. so we were cheering on the phone!
1074.gif

I've got to think about what to wear tonight and tomorrow now too... tonight is fairly easy, jeans and a nice top will do... it's a triple birthday bash in a pub..
fest30.gif
long-standing mate, her bro and her daughter. Tomorrow is a bigger challenge... I would wear the jeans.. but... as I'll be helping to pack up his stuff I think I need to be able to be more flexible (jeans are still very tight despite being a size 28 - so still can't kneel in them very easily:eek: ... don't have to lay on the bed to do them up now though... ;) )

Not sure about a skirt and the only other trousers I have are so huge on me now... hmmm... will have a think on that..:confused:

Bit of a headachey thing going on at the moment so maybe need a break from pc... think I'll go get a paper and look through the jobs pages... that's another mega change I may have to make within the next 12 months... once Zoe is finished at College I will be a lot worse off financially so need to start preparing for that..

Made a scrummy toffee-walnut muffin for breakfast
trink15.gif
- YUM! Might make some veg crisps and put them aside for later... and some chilli ones too... mix em up.. lol Drinking loads of water to try and rid the headache... think that the dreaded period may be on the horizon... (bloomin' great timing!!!) that would explain the bloater-feeling and the headache.:eek:

Right... almost midday... off to get the paper and post the now belated birthday card!:rolleyes:

Hi Roch and welcome to my diary.

Lets draw a line under the events last week,

To be honest (and I am!)... I doubt I shall ever forget the way it all descended into such a personal attack, but as this is my diary and not the thread that caused the upset I'll not be discussing it further nor in detail here, but, if I feel it relevant or necessary will most certainly refer to it if I want to...:p ;)

Glad you have enjoyed reading my diary... life is certainly very busy at the moment!:eek: Thanks for the encouraging words too:) :) , it ain't easy but it's do-able at the moment! Am taking it a day at a time... only way I can get through it I think..:rolleyes: ;) :D

Well... almost 4pm and Zoe has just surfaced! :eek: :D Bless... lol She is still cream crackered! She's cooking something - corn on the cob, chicken kiev and chips! Bet THAT's going to smell amazing! It's ok though coz I'm not in the least bit hungry so it won't bother me (just had a big bowl of veg mix crisps)... except I might make her let me sniff it... :eek: :rolleyes:

party-smiley-020.gif
I'm not particularly looking forward to this evening... the last time I saw my mate and her family was at her wedding earlier in the year and I was flashing the diamond ring my then chap had given me and telling her how loved up we both were! :rolleyes: :eek: Now am on me todd again and know I'm going to feel like a spare part! Ah well... won't be there too late I don't suppose and it will be really good to see her again! Plus I am a bit lighter than then.

I did go out... got a paper, went through a car wash, went to the health food shop to buy some psyllium (sp?) husks
1092.gif
and they didn't have any:rolleyes: ... got some ground cinnamen though in readiness for toffee & walnut muffin time tomorrow! :p (Have already decided it was to be a 2 bowls of crisps day today!). Might take it to "Eric"s in the morning and have my breakfast with him! (must remember ramekin dish!)... will be taking chix and mush mix too for me good ole' stuffin muffin.. and perhaps a chilli one for crisps in case I am there into the evening...;) well...anything's possible!

My fears were confirmed too... it IS period time :eek: so that's wonderful timing!!:mad: Still... should be nearly done by weigh-in day so that's a mega bonus!:D I hadn't realised it was "that" time at all as not particularly regular for the last couple of years... funny how your body reacts physically to the emotional upsets in life..:confused:

Having chatted to Ailsa this morning about possibly being out of ketosis I am going to make sure that I do drink pint for pint water/perfectly clear... I hate the thought that I might be slowing things down or chucking a whopping great spanner in my weight loss machinery!

Found a parking space on the high street when I went out, but I'm not altogether confident about the length of my new car and so, confidently set to do some parallel parking to find myself halfway into the space and have serious doubts!
fing20.gif
I was causing a bit of a traffic jam but thankfully the first vehicle was a van... I looked at the driver, flashed him me best "I'm just a pathetic girly who can't park for toffee" ;) look and he talked me into the gap! Big smiles :D and a neatly parked car later and I stomped off to the Health Food Shop.. HAD to go into "Yours" clothing shop on the way and bought a lovely new sparkly scarf, 2 pairs of very sexy french knickers with little ribbons on and a pair of jeans... the cashier asked if I wanted to try them on and I said no thanks... their fitting rooms are in the shop and only have curtains and there was NO WAY I was risking exposing my bod to the general public!!!:eek: ;)

I commented that the dresses hanging up on the wall might be so much lovelier if they had small sleeves to cover the upper arms.. I mean... they sell clothes for fat women and these beautiful dresses are strappy sleeveless things! I loved one that was in a kind of petrol blue and black... I haven't worn a dress since my wedding day 10 years ago!!! :eek: She suggested I try one on with a shrug but I just knew I would look absolutely awful in it so best to wait a while... might go in one afternoon when they are very quiet and have a try.. but I hate the fitting rooms so will probably buy the darn thing, bring it home to try it on, and THEN take it back! :rolleyes::eek:

If I decide/get invited to any New Year Parties
party-smiley-006.gif
I might get a dress, but will take Zoe with me or my mate Alison as I can rely on them for a brutally frank appraisal! :D ;)

Got the jobs paper out and have emailed for an application to one of them.. sounds like a perfect match for me and my hours... so.. just have to do the maths and then, if I get to interview, decide if it is worth it!

Belly-ache kicking in now so might go and have an hour or so lay down in bed so feel ready to do the driving and party tonight... it's about umm... 50 mile round trip... so will be on the offski about 7pm at a guess... am toying with the idea of letting Zoe put some make-up on me but not sure as I never wear the stuff and my face might take on a pizza-like appearance in the morning! (and I CAN'T have that!!!:eek: ) LOL

Might drop a note to a few publications with some stuff... and see if I can get anything financial that way... hmm... will see... :D

How daft is this - I'm nervous about tomorrow! Already seen him twice so why am I nervous!!!
party-smiley-004.gif
He texted me to say he hopes I have a good time tonight and that he'll see me tomorrow :) I bet he isn't nervous!

thanks Irene... I needed that.;) Just got home from the birthday bash - it was a 60+ mile round trip and, whilst it really was lovely to see my mate and her family again, I felt very out of place...:(

I don't think it helped that I went to the loo and caught sight of myself in a full length mirror and hadn't realised what I looked like! :eek: (all our mirrors at home are sort of waist height up!)

I went out of this house feeling good - new jeans on... lovely black top with large silver diamond shape in centre...hair still looking good from Thursday at the hairdresser.... and Zoe telling me I looked really nice! :) :eek:

Well.... that wasn't how it felt when I caught sight of myself! :eek: I was pretty disgusted..I felt terrible after that...:(

Zoe and her boyfriend were bored as they didn't know anyone other than the family.. (same as me)... so... we stayed until just before 11 and then left.:cool:

I absolutely stink of cigarettes and have a dreadful headache which I assume is due to the smoke?:confused:

I got chatted up by the oddest man on the planet! now, I'm SURE that he is a really nice man... BUT...well... he just wasn't my type... he had a voice that was higher than Joe Pasquales (I thought at first he had taken a deep breath from one of the balloons!!!!).. a glass eye... and basically didn't float MY boat in any way whatsoever. It's a pity because if he had I would have enjoyed the male attention... there's just no pleasing some people now is there!:rolleyes: ;) :D

Whilst there I got a text from "Eric" :eek: to tell me that at his do they had a brilliant band called the Bootleg Beatles! I must admit - I was very pleased that he was even thinking about me!:) Later he called me too so that I could hear the band, but I couldn't as we were still sat in the party and the disco was going full belt. Still... I was very chuffed inside to know that he was thinking about me... ;) hee hee.

No sooner did we all get home than Zoe and her love went out again! So, sitting on me todd again... off to bed soon... but drinking lots of water to help get rid of this headache! Have to take a shower and wash my hair too! I smell like a flippin' ashtray!! NOT nice at all! Still nervous about the morning!!:rolleyes: :eek:

I looked at myself in the mirror the other day. And didn't like what i saw. Over 4 st gone and I looked really fat no idea what i looked like before as I've never looked in a mirror for years. So know exactly how you felt.
Irene xx

Oh Irene, it's just the pits isn't it!!!!!!!:( :( :rolleyes: never mind hun, when it's ALL gone we will feel MUCH better (I flippin' hope so anyway!);) :D

and so.... it's Monday morning already! :eek:

Yesterday was simply wonderful. :D :) :D
I overslept :eek: so was an hour later than planned in leaving to go and spend the day helping "Eric" to pack! (He actually is 87.3 miles away door to door!!!)

Got there much quicker than I expected to and was thrilled when I arrived to be met with a big smile, hug and a kiss. (Good start methinks! lol:D )

So, the whole day absolutely flew by, he sorted and cleaned, I wrapped and labelled... we started at about 10.30am and finally decided that we'd had enough at 6.30pm! We did stop for the occasional break ;) and for lunch... he with his toasted cheese sandwich and the most gorgeous smelling (I almost inhaled the jar up me nose!!!) tomato and chilli chutney - and me with my toffee & walnut muffin sprinkled with cinnamon.. (mmm, scrummy!).

We had a couple of other little breaks which were very nice:rolleyes: and were both delighted with how much we got done. At one point he had to go out and get some bin bags whilst I tried to catch up with the bubble-wrapping & packing! (The kitchen took hours!).. and when he came back he had a bunch of beautiful orangey roses for me!!:eek: :D

We also sat down and looked through his photo album of a very poignant holiday that he took with his mother when he was 13, shortly after his father had died... it was very hard not to cry... I really felt like he was letting me in on something so very special and precious to him. His mother died when he was just 16.

We talked about everything and anything.. he was very interested in the diet and how it works and is really supportive. We cooked dinner together and sat and ate together... I made my meal last longer than his! lol It was just a really nice experience, the whole day. We took it in turns to choose the music we listened to and I've come home (at his suggestion) with one of his cds to copy - The Tony Rich Project... it's beautiful - very sultry and real chill out stuff. He offered to lend it to me (so that means at least 1 more date - eh!? ) LOL

We snuggled up on the sofa and watched Planet Earth... you know what, I'd forgotten what it was like to just do that with someone special... and I liked it. Not sure when we'll see one another again but he has said he will drive up to me (which means I need to do a MASSIVE clean-up of my place!!!!). I'll need to bung Zoe a tenner to push off out too as I don't really want them meeting at this stage.

He moves on Saturday so this week is out really which is a shame as it's my birthday on Sunday - and next week... well.. we're both out on the Saturday and I think he has his children on the Sunday.. so not sure really... and the thing is... perhaps it IS so good because we can only get together once a week or even less? Whatever, it's very early days, but I am looking forward to seeing his reaction as I slim down... (what I REALLY like, is that he likes me as I am, he met me when I was just beginning this journey, and, fingers crossed, he'll support me on my way!).

He kept telling me before I left for home last night, what a lovely day he had had, and how I had made such a difference, and that I would never know how much he appreciated my help, and that I was great company... and kept thanking me for helping him.. You know what, I loved being there and doing it. We had fun, we had serious moments, we worked very hard together and at the end of it all there was such a sense of achievement and contentment.

I almost fell asleep on the drive home (it took me 2 hours) as I was shattered... but I was so happy. Still smiling this morning and had a text from him too.:D

So..today..... work this morning (in a minute... tee hee) and then home and start my clearing up session! (I want to get the spare room totally sorted out so that IF he decides to come up and is too tired to drive home, or has a drink, there is a room ready) Also have to sort out some stuff to do with the new car and also make appointment at beauty place for Zoe to get her eyebrows done! (Glad she has her own money now! lol) MUST do some ironing at some point:confused: - might leave that for tonight... see what's on telly! Oh, and I need to go to Argos and get a set of ladies weights and some car mats.. odd combination I know but I am already getting me batwings and need to do something pretty sharp-ish and I want to protect the carpet in the car - especially as it's yukky weather now!

Told Eric that I will remortgage the house and have tummy tuck, boob job, batwing removal and anything else that needs doing if I have to once the weight is gone:eek: !:eek: Tee hee... he looked a bit stunned.. LOL :D So..... weights for now and we shall see! (Think I need to start getting a lottery ticket each week just in case!);) :D

Oh blimey - just checked my diary - it's blood pressure check-up and weigh-in with the nurse today - 4.20pm . MUST set a reminder on my mobile or that will just go out of my head and I'll forget!!

Yukky rainy day but I'm a VERY happy bunny! Found the diet so easy yesterday - easier than at any other time - with so much going on and someone special as company. :D

Right - and so to work! Been here since 8.15am (as dropped Zoe off for her lift to college)... done almost diddley squat... sent a couple of emails and made a phone call... need to plan my morning and then get on with it! Better get off here! (soooo addictive!;) ).

Hope you all had a great weekend!

Hi
So glad you have had a lovely time :D fingers crossed for your next meeting to be soon,well done for sticking to your plan
xxc

Hi
So glad you have had a lovely time :D fingers crossed for your next meeting to be soon,well done for sticking to your plan
xxc

Thank you SO much... turns out now that I might NOT have been 100% after all! I've been having a clove or 2 of garlic each day on AAM and have just heard that it isn't allowed!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Even so, I had my bp checked today and its as it was last week (125/82) so that's ok, the nurse seemed pretty happy with it.. she weighed me too (but her scales don't match Ailsa's so I pretty much ignore them.. lol).. a good loss (I go fortnightly) but again, I don't pay close attention as it's tomorrow my real weigh in!

Went to Argos and nearly collapsed trying to carry the set of weights to the car!!! LOl They come in a set of different weights all adding up to 10kg! (22lbs I think...which is 10lbs less than I have already lost!) I had to stop 3 times on the way back to the car (and it was literally yards away!!).

Forgot all about the car mats! :rolleyes: Doh! DID remember to post a birthday card to my mate Alison (will be seeing her on Friday night hopefully when me and my mates are going to the local wine bar)! Haven't seen her since... :eek: ooh... must be April or something... not sure now! Hope it was then as I was even bigger than when I started on CD and I KNOW she will be honest about my weight loss! ;) (we used to go clothes shopping together and would step out of the dressing room and say things like "NO WAY!!" " Get THAT off" lol, etc etc...:eek: :D

Almost burned the house down when I got in... (see the WeMitts thread about general stuff w/c Nov 13th)... needless to say.. will NOT turn my back on that microwave again in a hurry!!:eek: :p

Off to cook dinner now... looking forward to having a toffee & walnut muffin with cinnamen on for pud! Yummy!!!

Have a lovely evening all! Catch up with you tomorrow...probably after my weigh in!! (Hopefully Gas man will come and fix the washing machine early enough for me not to have to ring Ailsa and say I'll be late!!!!!!)

Oh, and "Eric" has been texting and has called me too today.. tee hee heee..... :p ;)

Week 5 ends.. weigh in tonight... at last!

Gosh this feels like it's been a long week.:( I'm looking forward to this afternoon and getting weighed again (did I really say that???:eek: ) lol

I think I may start a chart of how it's all going... or is that a bit anally retentive? :rolleyes: Talking about anally retentive... got a call from my mate to say that a parcel is on its way (her ex is a courier driver) and she'll bring it over tonight - it should be my psyllium husks (or however you spell it!). So that's good news.

Went to bed last night feeling a bit odd... sent text to "Eric" at 8 ish saying I hope he gets an early night (he was cream crackered yesterday) and I got a reply saying he was out with a mate playing agony aunt... well now, I know, I know, I'm paranoid... but all I could see was this ex of his sitting crying and him with his arms around her and there was a definite green hue to it all!!! Then my mind just played out a scene which was x-rated! !! I didn't like those feelings at all! I sent him a "hope they're ok and you are too x" message and haven't heard back.

NOT going to text him today unless I hear from him first:( ... blimey this dating malarky is so difficult! :eek: I realised last night that I probably won't see him on Christmas Day or Boxing Day or New Years Eve or New Years Day and was chatting with my lovely friend Lucy last night about it and we both agreed that maybe we should go to a black tie do for singles! (Then we thought that was a bit tacky perhaps...) What on earth should we do!!!?? I really don't fancy a night club as haven't even set foot in one in well over a decade!!! Perhaps just the local pub... in fact... I wonder if the Wine Bar will be doing anything! Now THERE'S an idea!! (might go in and suggest it to them!)..

I know, keep calm, it's only the middle of November... but if we are to get tickets for anywhere it will have to be soon!:(

I didn't sleep so well last night either :( - I think it's the green-eyed monster in me...:mad: definitely not sure whether to tell him that's how I felt or not... might do when I next see him, but not over the phone... need the eye contact for that kind of chat. Really don't want to scare him off though.. :rolleyes:

Went shopping to Asda yesterday afternoon and bought another 16 bottle of Perfectly Clear (should keep me going for a while!) I also treated myself to some cds.. I really must stop spending like this.. but the thing is.. I used to spend like this on crappy food... in fact, a LOT more than I am spending on the cds.. but I do need to rein it in a bit and get a grip..lol

I looked at face masks etc and stood contemplating them for ages.. :confused: I just thought I might spend an evening pampering myself.. lol Then I thought... hmmm.. I never wear make-up (rubbish at applying it!) so if I start shoving stuff on my skin I will probably erupt into spots and I do NOT want that! :cool: So.. decided to buy a newspaper (with every intention of reading it - but haven't yet and its 8.42am the next day!).

Got the dog and cat a christmas stocking each.. LOL.. I used to laugh at people who did that but now I'm one of 'em! :eek: :rolleyes: Also got Zoe's boyfriend a little present. Hope they want to spend Christmas at our place... I remember how hard it is that first time you are torn between whose house to go to etc etc... determined not to mention it and wait and see what happens.

I also bought Sarah (my daughter at Uni) a present too. Oh, she rang to say that she's booked her coach ticket home so that's all done... Dec 18th to Jan 4th. Will have to start getting her bedroom and sitting room cleared up - they've been storage space for weeks! Might start that this weekend.

It will be strange not having her home for my birthday. Last year she went out and when she came home it was about 1am on the day itself and she stood in my bedroom doorway , pretty drunk, saying Happy Birthday mutty (pronounce mootie) I love youuuu... in the most slurred drunken way... lol.. still makes me laugh.... lol I'll be lucky this year if I get a card! Ah well... the only people I want cards from are my girls... I don't really care if no-one else does. Know what I mean?

I need to think of positive things or I'm going to spend the day being all maudlin'.

I cooked for Zoe last night again, I did her a wicked smelling chicken chasseur! I was strong though - no licking of fingers or spoons.. lol.. instead I quickly shoved hands into soapy water! (Some of the techniques used in numerous diets over the last 3 decades are all coming in VERY handy now!)

So... it's 5 weeks down and at least another 50 to go.. can I do it? I can't see why not.. apart from that I would love to be taken out for dinner... will maybe do that on my next AAM week which I am delaying a week so it falls on Christmas.. but will be extremely rigid about.. I know that in my last relationship I was spoiled rotten with dinners out and my weight piled on and also prompted the break (with the sleep apnea) so, am NOT going down that route again!

I need to do this diet for at least a year - that's the horrific reality of it all. 5 weeks is over a month.. so that's a good start. In another 5 weeks it will be a new year... and I will have 10 weeks behind me... then I will be into the year where I will at last be the size I need to be.

I am so looking forward to so many things.. to wearing clothes from mainstream shops - you know what.. I can't wait to get into some of the stuff in Monsoon.. I adore their clothes..

Might take a trip to LaSenza when I've lost 4 or 5 stone... treat myself to some beautiful undies... maybe drag "Eric" along too! tee hee (that's if we're still seeing each other then).

Right, better get on - started the day with a toffee & walnut muffin sprinkled with cinnamon (how yummy is that!!). Feeling ok, still niggled about last night but hoping to hear from him today - need to stop being so flipping reliant on the opposite sex to make me feel good!!!

I know what it is.. I haven't done any Bible study in ages.. and that's something that always makes me feel a bazillion times better.. don't want you to think I am holier than thou coz I definitely am not!!! (Oh - MUST tell you about last March and the text that went to the wrong person!!!!...but perhaps another time.. lol).

Right, GOT to get my head and mind and thoughts away from "Eric" and onto work!! Will shove some music on and get stuck in... that way time should fly by and then I can whizz home for Gas man to come and see to my washing machine!!! Then I'm going to strip the beds and wash all the sheets etc... oh.. this morning I tidied up my garden! Can you believe THAT!!! Flamin' 6.45am and I'm out there moving the patio furniture around and putting the rubbish out (bin day - cardboard for recycling - I used to put all 3 boxes out as can never remember which one is which week!) and folded up my wonderful £20 Lidl sunlounger (best £20 I spent this year!). So patio is looking heaps better! Can't wait for Thursday when my mate Haydn is coming over to do the garden again - he fixed the fence last week and cleared some of the weeds from the patio this week I hope he's going to do the rest of the weeds and clear off the swing hammock and take away all the junk that's lurking behind the "weed tree"!! In fact, I hope he takes the "weed tree" away!

I MUST pluck up the courage and energy to sort out the pond pump again! It just needs a good clean but its so cold and a really disgusting job... one for tomorrow afternoon perhaps! BEFORE I get pedicured and manicured as my special treat to myself this month! (I really need to have someone else treat me - it's costing me far too much!!!).

Right... heck.. gone 9! MUST do work.. must do work... must do work... :eek:

Back