Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

Saturday night April 14th 2007

I know, I've been neglecting my diary... it's just that life has overtaken me and this is the first chance in days that I've had to sit and log on and write anything.

It's been a totally crazy week...

Aaaaaargh - how maddening - but it's great to see you back

xxxx

Darn, was looking forward to a new bit of your diary!! I tend to copy the thread now if its a long one, then you can always paste it in if you lose it, look at me, techo queen pmsl!

oh blast, here was me thinking there would be something good to read to pass away the time & all i get was two lines (twice) not good enough !!!!!!:D
hope you feel abit happier in the morning hun
xx:)

Sunday at last!

Well... lol.. good morning! Slept like a log cabin! Have written heaps.. so.. hope you're sitting comfortably!!!!

Well, Sunday morning now – dog got me up at 7 so I came down and have been deleting old emails and thinking about stuff since then.

Last night I wrote for half an hour about the last week and lost the damn lot – so this time and typing in word and copying and pasting it over! Went to bed in a foul mood! Lol Ah well… sun is up this morning and I’m going to sit in the garden in the sunshine and say sod the world for a few hours!

I think Tuesday was the last day I wrote anything about… my weigh in.. good result but a very rushed weigh in.. victim of circumstances more than anything.. but tomorrow it’s my next one so will see how that goes…

Wednesday April 11th 2007 was a day and a half… I woke at 4.30 and couldn’t get back to sleep so went into work (job 1) at 6am. By the time the chap came (8am) to help me sort out the accounts I was about as calm as I could be (given the way I felt) and he was patience personified. He helped me get on top of it all and was a real darling. By 11.40 we were done and I am feeling much more confident about managing it all now.

From work I dashed to next job where the time flew by… then it was back home and got stuck in to laminating the posters I’d printed off at 7am at job 1). Had arranged to meet someone in our town to put window display of posters up at 7pm… I was there… she wasn’t. I called her and finally she arrived, very apologetic, and I did the display and then had to wait for her to come back to hand over the keys.

I didn’t waste the time though and used it to get our local fabulous Indian restaurant to take programmes and a poster and negotiated a great sponsorship deal with them for next year! Lady came back, handed keys to her and was home around 9.30pm

Managed to remember to call my friend’s daughter in Wales and wish her a happy birthday.

Shattered – had soup and went to bed.

Thursday April 12th 2007
Up too early again (thanks to dog and restlessness!). Job 1 by 7.30am, more financial stuff and also got a little bit of filing done (this is a challenge as there are mountains of things to be filed!) Straight from work (left 15 mins early) to bank to collect forms. Off to job 2, as usual (hate not having any breathing space between the two). Got home around 6.15 and had just closed the front door when my mate (L) came knocking. Man trouble. (well, not really, but she felt it was so I listened). She left when my business colleague arrived at 7 to sign some cheques and discuss work. During our meeting I had 4 phone calls… girls, sis and mate. Whilst here he agreed to be my verifier for my new passport – as he was filling in his bits I kept on at him to stay inside the boxes and when he wrote on my photo that he had to keep it in the specified area.. He didn’t listen and said it would be fine. (Typical bloody man!) He left around 9.00 and I started to do my return calls… this ended up with me in tears after the one from sis (after call had ended) – as she told me my mum has started court proceedings against ex for money he owes my stepdad… all agreed in divorce papers and sealed by judge etc… and ex is contesting it so mum has to go to court.. tears because of stress my mum is facing because my marriage failed.. also.. I didn’t want to know anything about it and told her so… I don’t want to know anything about him any more, I don’t want to know what he does or is or anything about him and I didn’t know that mum had done this (she did it last month apparently). Oh well. I suppose now I shall get a running commentary on it all and be told how hard he’s making life for my mother now… blah blah blah… I don’t blame mum for taking him to court , she offered him a really good interest free repayment plan years ago.. he hasn’t paid a bean.. so.. she did the right thing. I just didn’t need to know about it, y’know?

Anyway… gathered myself together, rang Zoe back.. she needed some clothes and bits – she and her fella are dog-sitting at his uncle’s… so I got those together and dropped them off. (She couldn’t come for them as she hadn’t got the door key and her fella had it with him at work!) Kids!! Lol Zoe and I have a parting ritual if you like, always tell each other we love each other and then a loud MWAH.. lol well, as we were Mwah-ing.. I was on my way down the steps outside said uncle’s house… I turned around to see… PQM!! (he was walking to pub) He looked amused! I was mortified and tried to explain I was mwahing to my daughter (now back inside the house, door closed!!!) and that she was dog-sitting.. to which he laughed and said he couldn’t think of anything more exciting to do! I retorted immediately – ‘well, I can!’ and laughed.. (nervously I thought!!) and muttering something carried on his way (he didn’t actually stop to speak – he never does with me!). I just thought – oh crap – I’ve done it again!! Said the wrong thing to the man! Ho hum.

Got home – by now it’s 10 and I have yet to have my final pack… got in the door… phone rang.. mate with man trouble again (she lives almost opposite me so must’ve been watching for car!!)… came off the phone, had soup and finally dragged my weary arse into bed at 11.

Friday 13th April 2007

I’m not at all superstitious so the date didn’t bother me. Had brought work home on Thursday as loss adjusters due Friday to assess the damage to ceiling.. dog, yet again, got me up early so I did all my washing, got it on the line, showered, washed hair, did work, AND did my flipping ironing too! She came (loss adjuster).. no cover for pipework so am down £80 on that for a kick off… need to get quotes from decorators for the ceiling to be ‘made good’ but have an excess of £50 so might just do it myself. Jury’s out on that one!

(Oh, found my old pedometer and decided to see if I could manage 10k steps a day!)

Visit over and off to the post office I went with forms – as I guessed, rejected them out off hand because he hadn’t kept within the boundaries.. I wanted to cry!! Didn’t though, just got another form, paid out for more pics and sent text to friend Karen asking her to bring passport that evening to Lucy’s birthday celebrations at the wine bar. Had to go to 3 banks (work, festival, my wages!), got that done just in time to get to job 2. Horrendously busy there, had arranged to leave early – so rushed off to Kettering and paid mortgage and returned the clothes Zoe got from Dotty P that were too small.. they didn’t have any of them there to replace so got credit card refund. Another job done!

Got in (having stopped to collect ticket hotline first – another tale , but got it now!) and home for around 6.30pm Pedometer said just under 3k so I decided, as it was a lovely evening, to take dog out (I needed fresh air too) and called in on my friend Penny on the way to explain why I couldn’t see her Saturday (as had to go to mums). That was lovely as we had a nice chat, arranged to go out on Thurs 26th to a gospel choir thing… and her hubby came through the door saying ‘I recognize that voce’ and then saw me and stood stock still and pointed and said.. ‘but I don’t recognize that woman!!’ lololol Me and Penny roared with laughter. I haven’t seen her hubby for about 4 months.. lol.. it was dead funny. He was speechless (which made us laugh even more!) Said our goodbyes and I headed home with the mutt.

Got in at 7.30 and realised I was supposed to be taxi for Lucy and friend all evening and was supposed to pick them up at 7.45 in Rushden! So, quick squirt of deodorant, put on my current fave top (black one I wore in Brum) and rushed off to pick them up. Got there late but she was chilled out so no problem and drove them to bank first, then wine bar. We met up with a group of her friends and it was a good evening. Live music provided by a friend of my Sarah’s (his name is John Pierce and he is VERY good.. he has a myspace website and has just recorded with an Indie Label and is using some of Sarah’s photos as his cd covers! ) anyway.. it was good. They all drank and some ate. Karen brought her passport and we did the forms – happy that all is ok now with them!! Another of our friends turned up with her mate and we invited them to join us and it was really nice. We left and I dropped off Lucy’s friend first, then Lucy and then H (the friend who’d joined us). H & I have always got on great and she said she would love to come to the quiz with us, so I’m picking her up Sunday evening to take her with me! (Lucy will be at home drinking cocktails and eating with friends).

Finally got in around 1am and couldn’t unwind.. I went to bed but the last thing I saw before sleep finally knocked on my brain was the clock beaming out 2.29am!

Saturday 14th April

Foggy as feck outside!! I’d set my alarm for 7.00 as I knew I had to leave no later than 7.30 to get to mums by 9.30. Shouldn’t have bothered- Mutt Alarm was far more effective! Lol He woke me at 6.30 (so not too bad,,, plus it gave me time to gather together all the bits and bobs I needed to take with me!) Set off at 7.20 for mums.. nasty foggy weather all the way to the M25 and then nowt – lovely!

Sun shining I arrived really early – much to mum’s delight! (mega brownie points there then!) and said hello to my lovely Edward (step dad). Bless him. He didn’t know who I was. He couldn’t remember where I live or anything about me. Even more confusing now I look a bit different I guess. It is heartbreaking seeing him this way though. He has no short term memory at all and his long term is really limited now to the time as a prisoner of war, and the early part of his life with my mother (20 years ago they met and married).

He has the table manners of a two year old and I felt so sorry for my mum, he spits things out and is constantly belching. She is 72 and struggling.. he is a big man, over 6ft tall, overweight (cannot walk much since the strokes) and is really a very large child. He will be 89 in August.

I love him desperately and wish so much for him to never know what has become of him. He is such a love.

Anyway, mum and I went shopping… she took me into Debenhams and got me holiday clothes.. I told her I’m an 18 and would like 16’s for hols.. she said there was no point buying clothes that didn’t fit me and I said that was what I’d been doing for the last 6 months to keep me going on the diet.. so she relented and between us we soon filled a basket with size 16’s. I told her I was going to try them all on as I would know if I was being unrealistic by their tightness… she looked skeptical but went along with me. Lol

Well.. I was amazed (and so was she!) they all (bar one) fitted me!!! I know it’s probably because they were stretchy fabric (apart from the 2 cotton skirts and the red beaded cotton top – which were very snug but will be acey pacey by June!). We were both stunned. This was our first clothes shopping trip in about 15 years. Last time we came back with nothing – Evans went up to a size 32 and I couldn’t fit into them.. I came home distraught back then and ate for Britain to comfort myself – how different yesterday was. I came home with a bag full of gorgeous tops, skirts and a lush pair of cropped trousers (which are VERY tight but should be ok by June as I could get in them and do them up). Mum was telling everyone in the fitting rooms about my weight loss and how big I used to be.. and how she wanted me not to lose much more.. blah blah… I was a mixture of embarrassed and pleased all mixed up. Still. I love the things she bought me and they will get loads of wear as I may well wear some of them next month! (or today as the sun is out!! Lololol).

TOTM arrived whilst mum and I were in Debenhams… couple of days early… but at least that would account for restless nights and weepiness!

Anyhow.. we were all shopped out and went back (cannot leave Edward alone too long).. and we were done and back within less than 2 hours. Not bad !! We sat and looked through the holiday pics of last summer and relived the whole thing all over again – she wants to sort out our hols for next year.. so has asked me to look around for what I would really like… it’s a toughy! Lolol Definitely going to avoid school hols as NOT want a noisy kiddie-filled holiday for either of us.. unless we find a cruise again that has limited child places… hmm.. there’s a thought! Lol

On the way home I called in to surprise my best mate Zoe – surprised me instead – lol, she was out, so dropped in on some other old friends in Sandridge… they were out last time I called , this time they were home and it was wonderful. We sat and caught up with things and spent a lovely couple of hours together. The thing is, I don’t get to see mum that often and when I do I try and cram in visits to friends en route if I can as it’s a fair distance from me! Lol So… on the way back from them I went to Dunstable to see my mate Alison – talk about perfect timing! Lol

We had agreed I would call in as she had managed to get me some over door hanger hook things so I now have my dressing gown hanging up on my bedroom door and no drill holes!! Yay!! Lol

Alison was having a massive clear out and I ended up coming home with 2 sacks full of size 16/18 clothes!!! All kinds of stuff.. so.. through the week I shall work my way through trying them all on!! I don’t think I shall need to buy hardly any more clothes for my holiday now!! How fab is that!!!

Mate with man trouble rang whilst at Alison’s and said she was sorry, but she didn’t want to go to murder mystery we had planned to go to last night.. so I got to spend more time with Alison, which was ace!

Car laden down with clothes I got home around 9pm and, having unloaded the car, let the dog out (Zoe had popped home earlier and fed him and let him out too), I sat to watch telly – and Anthony Hopkins thing… decided I should get on and update diary as not been online in days.. sat and wrote all this lot out.. and lost the damn lot!! Was VERY cross and very tired.. so had soup and went to bed in a foul mood! Switched mobile phone off in the hope that mate with man trouble might not call house when realised mobby off.. and went to sleep thinking about what I have to do today!

Sunday 15th April 2007
Dog, somewhat predictably, woke me at 7 and I got up and have stayed up. Done nowt but sort emails and write all this jibberish!

Going to go shower now, get into summer-ish clothes, scrub garden furniture and then laze in the sunshine for a few hours.

All my washing and ironing is done, house looks clean and tidy (only been me here all week) and I have a book I would like to read! So… jug of appleade with ice in I think.. and I’ll be set! Lol

Off to Lucy’s this afternoon at some point.. it’s her birthday today.. then home for the festival meeting (got a couple of things to do for that but they can wait til the sun’s gone in! ) and then picking up Helen and taking her to quiz! I got the photos done of PQM in drag.. lol.. might attach them on here.. lol.. hasn’t put me off, although he has far better legs than me!!!

Sorry this has gone on so long, but, well.. you know me! Lol

Weigh in tomorrow night.. so… hopefully well into the 14’s! Oh.. and the walk with the dog on whatever the heck night it was… took the pedometer well over the 10 k so perhaps I need to think about doing that more often!! Lol

Off to be a sun worshipper!! (hmmm… grass needs cutting and a full crop of dandelions appears to have surfaced overnight!!)

Phew!
Tired but inspired reading that!
Not been around minimins much for a while, but it's good to catch up with you.
You're doing absolutely, absolutely fabulous!!
Well done on all those size 16 clothes and the impending weigh in which will herald the fourteens.

The job 1/job 2 thing sounds stressful though, I hope you get to have a rest soon. Though I think if you did have more rest you wouldn't know what to do with yourself!

Wow - how lovely you have you & your manic, hectic life back on the boards again. :D

Fab news on all those lovely clothes and in a size 16 - how wonderful.

Have a lovely lazy day (if that's possible with you :rolleyes: ;) )

xxx

My god you dont bloody stop no wonder the weights falling off you well done on the 16/18s xxxxxxxx

Size 16 - how fantastic is that? Isn't it wonderful to go in to a normal shop and actually be able to try the clothes on eh? And they fit! Wonderful news Jennie.
I know what you're saying about parents telling everyone about your weight loss. Every time I go out with my dad he introduces me as his 'skinny' daughter! I can see people looking me up and down and thinking 'she ain't that thin!' but I know he's only doing it because he's proud. Have a fab Sunday in sunny Northants!

Hey Jen how r u doing hun. Just borrowed a laptop today as have been offline 4 practically a week and had to pop by and say hi 2 u.
So girl in the 14`s and wearing size 16`s wow u go girl. Your life is changing so much for u and i am so happy for u.U have worked so hard at CD and the benefits are amazing and u deserve so much happiness.
Take care hun and looking forward to chatting 2 u soon. Have a nice weekend xxxx

I'm not really a size 16, yet, they do fit but I would say I'm still an 18 as I feel comfortable in an 18 now. But thanks anyway :) thought I'd be cheering from the rooftops to be able to even get into a 16 but am feeling somewhat subdued about the whole thing really. Perhaps just weariness and the fact that so much other stuff is going on.. maybe.

Been another fairly busy day. Washed the garden furniture, cut the grass, stripped Zoes bed and the bedding is now on the line in the evening sunshine.. vacuumed upstairs and about to do downstairs now.. collected some music and went to see lucy this afternoon. I did sunbathe for a couple of hours and that was lovely. I was wearing my bikini top and one of my friends old skirts! (just above the knee so perfect to sunbathe in but NOT wear in public!)

Zoe came home to wash her hair and she told me I looked so different that it was weird but in a nice way :) I took her food shopping as I dropped her back at the uncle's house (on my way to Lucy's).. Home now, just getting ready for music festival meeting - am feeling REALLY tired - but as I'm going to miss the pub quiz next Sunday I'm going to make the effort to go tonight. Think Lucy is going to get someone to take her there too and I know I'll be late (due to meeting) and have to pick up Helen too so will be ultra late and get the mickey taken something shocking no doubt!

Got the photos to show them all and am taking camera to show Trudy the video too. Hope she's there tonight.

Right, got to go, only 40 mins before the guys arrive!

Will update after weigh in tomorrow. x

Phew - I can see MY Pedometer going up just reading your thread.

As has been said before - no bloody wonder you're losing weight the way you are - fitting in the life of 2+ people it would appear.

So please to see the 'size success' at the Shops with your Mum. That must have been unbelieveable and make you feel somewhat like - 'this can't be real, how did this happen' - in the bestest kinda way

Those are unbeatable feelings and such motivators - just think, next size down and you can no longer get clothes small enough from Evans (I am told they do 16+).

I am sure you will balst through the 15 mark today - keep on shrinkin o inspiritational one!

I was just wondering the same thing ... :D

I reckon she's in shock ..... :D

Back