Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

Can you believe you're in the 15's? Isn't it amazing!! I so love dropping down below that stone marker, it's so nice! To be honest, nope, I can't - I can't remember the last time I saw 15 on scales!!

Although I seem to have been in the 14's for a very long time. Looking forward to the next stone marker but can never work these kilos out into stones very well lol I get weighed in stones and lbs and am very glad too as I can't ever get my head 'round kilos... they're something you weigh spuds n mushrooms in.. lol

Can you imagine in a couple of months you'll be in the 13's!!! How amazing!! Just think what you'll be by the summer!! Woohooo!!
Now that WILL be a HUGE milestone as that was the weight I was when I left school at 16, and went on to college. I'm really hoping to be getting close to the 13's by June. But I don't want to set myself unrealistic targets as failure is NOT an option on this journey! If I can lose an average of 2.5lbs per week from now until I go (11weeks) I should be, ummm, 13 stone 13lbs by the end of May. But, as you can see from my losses, there's no rhyme or reason to them and no real pattern as yet, although if I plotted them on a graph I might spot one.. I can't be bothered though, lol. Enough to be getting on with.

I'll just be glad to keep losing, whatever the amount, I keep thinking... just another 8 months or so and I will be on maintenance and then I won't ever have to put myself through this again.. I will have invested 12 months of my life to ensuring that the rest of it is much better and longer!

I don't want that to sound sanctamonious or anything, it's just how I can rationalise it when I miss out on the meals out, the glass of celebratory wine, the pieces of birthday cake, the mothers day meal, the birthday dinner etc etc etc... Keeping focused is the only way I can get through this.

you'll both have such a fab time in Tobago - ooh I'm jealous, it sounds wonderful.
Thanks MD, I can't wait - 76 days to go! :D :D and sis has booked me a window seat (which I LOVE!)

Congratulations Jennie Irene xx
Congratulations Jennie on your fantastic loss! You are doing so well, keep it up!
xx Julia xx
Hi Jennie,
Absolutely brilliant loss. Well done. :D
Jen - great news about the 15s and your sis shaking off the numpty!
Fantastic! What more can I say
Thanks all - you're all so supportive. I know I whine and whinge and get all hoity toity at times and yet you still hang in there with me, and for that, I'm grateful :grouphugg:

hi hun,
just wanted to pop on & say a huge well done :D you must be so thrilled with how you are doing.
as you know, i can so understand the struggling element you talk about, you are doing so well so please don't follow down my route :eek:
xx:)

hi hun,
just wanted to pop on & say a huge well done :D you must be so thrilled with how you are doing.
as you know, i can so understand the struggling element you talk about, you are doing so well so please don't follow down my route :eek:
Hiya sweetheart, thanks. You know how much I value your support and friendship. I'm sorry you're having a tough time right now and really hope things get better... you've done SO well.. I can't wait to catch up on Saturday :giggle: :D It's going to be wonderful! Shame there won't be time for sightseeing this time though as will have to get home in time to do a million things before the week starts again! :( Ho hum. Only 4 sleeps 'til Brum-tiddly-um!

I can't wait to catch up on Saturday :giggle: :D It's going to be wonderful!
really looking forward to seeing you again too & meeting new friends!
Shame there won't be time for sightseeing this time though as will have to get home in time to do a million things before the week starts again!
know what you mean, i'll have a long drive home to do too :( Ho hum. Only 4 sleeps 'til Brum-tiddly-um!
we will have to arrange a meet up for the 2 of us when we can do what we want at a leisurly pace & enjoy it :D

Only 4 sleeps 'til Brum-tiddly-um!

Really looking forward to meeting you Jennie, and Pandora and all the other guys. It's quite a funny situation really and I'm feeling a bit anxious about it, although excited too, but to meet people I don't know and yet I've got to know so well on the forum and have opened up to it's an odd concept - almost like a date where you've chatted on the phone but never met! Should be a great afternoon though - not sure how long I'm staying for depends on what happens on the day, will take it as it comes.

See you soon :D

xx

Looking forward to meeting you too MD :D Don't be nervous, all those I've met already are real loves and everyone feels the same until we get chatting and then it's as if we've known each other for ever! lol Some people bring photos (before) to show, and others don't, some wear badges, some don't, I tend to just be there. lol It's a large foyer with big sofas so we should hopefully bag a bunch of those! :D I'm calling the hotel tonight actually to see if I can have the same room as last time (I really loved it).. the afternoon flew by last time and before we knew it, it was time to scoot off and eat/get ready for the evening!

I am so looking forward to meeting you, as you say, we all 'know' one another to a certain degree.. and yeah, it is a bit odd.. lol but it's ok too :D

Hi Caz, sorry not been on your diary (or anyones) of late - hopefully catch up soon!! Not sure where we (me and Zoe) will go in the winter.. but it will be bargain basement but hot! Join us! lol !!

Ha Ha,,don't go joking about things like that, next thing ya know you'll have an Irish woman hanging behind ya at the passport control...LMAO....:D :D

Looking forward to Saturday, bit apprehensive too, new town, new people and me being the only nutter thats arriving on de Friday (how in gods name did that happen????)

WOOHHOOOOO about being in the 15's jeez louise, thats fandabbydozzy, your slipping away in front of our very eyes..:D :D

How's life in the 15s now you've had a good few days to get used to it?
If I don't write to you again between now & the W/E hope you have a lovely time in Brum.
Would have liked to have come but family first as they say.

Really looking forward to meeting you Jennie, and Pandora and all the other guys. It's quite a funny situation really and I'm feeling a bit anxious about it, although excited too, but to meet people I don't know and yet I've got to know so well on the forum and have opened up to it's an odd concept - almost like a date where you've chatted on the phone but never met! Should be a great afternoon though - not sure how long I'm staying for depends on what happens on the day, will take it as it comes.

See you soon :D

xx

MD, please don't worry. It is a bit nerve wracking - for all of about 30 seconds! Then you just throw yourself into it and everyone just chats like they've met a million times before. Once you've been to one you are hooked! I've done all the Newcastle ones and Birmingham this weekend and Dublin in June. I'm almost bankrupt *lol*.

Looking forward to meeting you too MD :D Don't be nervous, all those I've met already are real loves and everyone feels the same until we get chatting and then it's as if we've known each other for ever! lol Some people bring photos (before) to show, and others don't, some wear badges, some don't, I tend to just be there. lol It's a large foyer with big sofas so we should hopefully bag a bunch of those! :D I'm calling the hotel tonight actually to see if I can have the same room as last time (I really loved it).. the afternoon flew by last time and before we knew it, it was time to scoot off and eat/get ready for the evening!

I am so looking forward to meeting you, as you say, we all 'know' one another to a certain degree.. and yeah, it is a bit odd.. lol but it's ok too :D

I'm glad there is quite a big area where we can chat, should be great fun! We're gonna need lots of lubrication for our throats methinks!

Looking forward to Saturday, bit apprehensive too, new town, new people and me being the only nutter thats arriving on de Friday (how in gods name did that happen????)

I wouldn't worry Caz, from your track record last time you'll have made friends with everyone in the hotel bar 10 minutes after arriving! Just remember to pace yourself to make the most for Saturday night - remember we've got some serious partying to do - we were the last 2 standing last time. Although I'd love any other party animals to join us!

Hi Jennie, you almost got me in trouble today! Been trying for days to catch up with your thread and decided to have a little read this morning whilst having my coffee and shake for breakfast. Got so engrossed I lost track of time and had to run around like a headless chicken so I wouldn't be late for work!

Well done on being in the 15s. Your picture is absolutely gorgeous. If I wasn't looking forward to having a chat with ya on Saturday I'd have to blank you for being fabulous and putting me to shame!

See you soon, only 3 more sleeps.....

I wouldn't worry Caz, from your track record last time you'll have made friends with everyone in the hotel bar 10 minutes after arriving! Just remember to pace yourself to make the most for Saturday night - remember we've got some serious partying to do - we were the last 2 standing last time. Although I'd love any other party animals to join us!

Ha Ha,,thanks for the vote of confidence Westie...no fear I'll be the last one standing but love de company...I promise to pace meself,,,not drinking on the friday nite,,and not sure about the afternoon, cuz anyone that knows me I have a wee problem stopping once I start and never did get the hang of stopping and going to change mid session LOL....

Maybe I'll wear what I want to the afternoon and just totter on across to Flares when de rest of ya's are ready LOL...

Woo Hoo..i've only got 2 more sleeps LOL....only one more day in work too, for a whole EIGHT working days OFFF.......:D :D

Ha Ha,,thanks for the vote of confidence Westie...no fear I'll be the last one standing but love de company...I promise to pace meself,,,not drinking on the friday nite,,and not sure about the afternoon, cuz anyone that knows me I have a wee problem stopping once I start and never did get the hang of stopping and going to change mid session LOL....

Maybe I'll wear what I want to the afternoon and just totter on across to Flares when de rest of ya's are ready LOL...

Woo Hoo..i've only got 2 more sleeps LOL....only one more day in work too, for a whole EIGHT working days OFFF.......:D :D

Oh, you lucky thing 8 days off! I'm off work on Friday and really looking forward to it. So you and me will have to rally the all nighter troops then will we!

Very briefly - day out yesterday was 'different' to how I imagined it would be. Am going back alone some day soon.

Didn't go on date - postponed to next Thursday, maybe, s'up to me though.

Went to beauticians at 6 last night and spent the whole session in floods of tears, went home, had soup, showered, bed and asleep by 8. Woke up at 6.30 this morning, still tired and got to work half hour late.

Can't wait to get home and go to bed tonight again but have to move stuff out of Sarah's old room as free wardrobe coming sometime between 6 & 8 this evening.

Feeling utterly exhausted, no energy, no interest in anything and just want to eat. So, will shut up as not in the best frame of mind to contribute anything on here. Basically being a miserable mare today. ;)

Jennie you poor tired thing.
sleep & rest is what you need most.
will oyu be able to get any before you set off for your W/E on the tiles?

Jennie you poor tired thing.
sleep & rest is what you need most.
will oyu be able to get any before you set off for your W/E on the tiles?
Hi Jane
Will be trying my best to get to bed tonight by 9 and again tomorrow if at all possible.

Have already said no to taking part in evening meetings for church in the coming weeks and am not planning any more weekends away after Easter and then it will be my holiday in June, which, to be honest, in some respects I wish was now and in others, next year.

Head's in an odd place right now, well, it's still on my neck, but you know what I mean.

Lost my oomph but hoping this is temporary whilst I get used to my new routine. Last night I cried and told Zoe I was going to bed and would be wearing ear plugs so she would HAVE to sort the dog out. She was lovely about it and it's what I did. Ear plugs in and in bed and out like a light - bizarre dream about friends and food.. might expand another time. Woke feeling better but still tired, Zoe says I'm losing the dark rings under my eyes so perhaps another couple of nights before hitting Brum will do the trick. Got all the washing in the machine and on before bed last night, just got to remember to put it on the airer when home tonight.

Am desperate to eat food and the dog looked like he might go well on a spit roast or skewers.. remembered to bring soup this morning and have had that but still craving food.. TOTM is heavier than usual so I know that isn't helping things as it makes me feel washed out under normal circumstances! Still, that will all hopefully be done with by Saturday. When I book into the hotel at 2 I'm heading for an hours kip so no doubt will look like something the cat dragged in by the 3pm meet.. but it should buy me some energy. I think the last time I felt so tired was just after ex left me and I hadn't slept in weeks... still.. I do believe this is just a transitional phase and if I can weather it out and get the early nights (might forego Sunday pub quiz for a couple of weeks) then it will be ok. I'm realistic enough to also acknowledge that it is emotionally and physically challenging to take on 2 jobs and all the extra that I do/have done whilst also on a VLCD. Low energy going in, very high energy going out... not necessarily a great balance at the moment, but hey, am still hanging on in there - by my fingernails at the moment, but still there.

Yesterday I 'cheated' again and had 2 teaspoons of the lunch that was served. It was fish pie, cauli, carrots and peas. I took a tsp and helped meself to 2 tspns of the pie and then nicked a sprig/twig/bit of cauli and 2 carrot strips. All done without witnesses... felt ridiculous!!! (and guilty).. so did the washing up and wrote a thank you note to the cook. I sat there with my soup whilst the others tucked in.. I was very jealous. Especially when they had pudding.. very very rich looking (didn't dare even try it) choc mousse, blackberry cheesecake and frut loaf. There was the yummiest smelling granary bread out too and butter!

I'm clearly still not ready to cope with this kind of setting. I was cross that I had what I did, but it wasn't too bad (slippery slope alarm bells feckin clanging in my head now!!!)... I DO NOT WANT TO LOSE THE PLOT!!!!

I don't want to be told, it's ok, no harm done, I need to STOP!! The urge to eat is not driven by hunger - I'm not hungry... it's driven by emotion. At the moment I feel under seige emotionally - I feel like the world is sitting on my shoulders and I can do sod all about it.

Perhaps tomorrow when I have had the house valued I will feel a bit more positive about why I am doing this and if it is actually worth it .. I just need to hang on in there for a couple of years and then I can, if not better sorted financially, sell up and live in a camper van/caravan/one-bed studio somewhere cheap. At the moment, if I sell, me and Zoe will be renting somewhere that will cost more than my frickin mortgage and what equity there is will be gone in a flash! It's madness.

I tried to explain it to my nan the other day but to her its simple - "sell house and but somewhere smaller"."Yeah nan, what about the mortgage?" "What's a mortgage?" Point made.

lol

Sorry - am a rambling waffling moron today. Boss been in and gone. THink he senses I'm not "all there" today so left pretty promptly.

Might try and get 15 minute cat-nap between jobs if traffic kind enough to allow the time.

Sorry, my posts of late seem to be very blergh.. and I don't like feeling this way, it takes me to unhappier memories and I don't like it!

What didn't help yesterday was a letter about the skydive I'm doing..you have to be UNDER 15 stone, not 16! I was gutted.. there's me telling everyone that I'm light enough to do the tandem jump and I'm not!!

I frickin will within the next month though -but it upset me as I have waited to get below 16 before contacting them.. and I felt so upset. Zoe had a letter turning down a job app too yesterday and she was in tears. So we aren't a very happy household at the moment! :(

Sheesh.. I know. If chance later.. I will tell you about yesterday day time.. there were some beautiful moments... I wish I'd taken my camera but felt it would be intrusive.. anyway.. will share more another time. Dunno why I came back on here again - I have a mountain of work and just felt like I needed a bolthole I guess.

Bah! Diets! lol Love em and hate em all at once! Happy days all :)

Awww Jennie. Wish I was good with words of wisdom, but alas...that's not my forte. Still...will still put down what was going through my brain when I read your message

First...big hugs!!

I don't want to be told, it's ok, no harm done,
Well that's excellent, cos I hate it when I feel I have to say that;)

Harm is done. You've fallen over. You've hurt yourself. You just need to find an alternative way to make sure it doesn't happen too often (Again!). You are on a tightrope and yours is a long one. There is a good chance that you will slip sometimes. The biggest harm comes when you don't learn from it.

You know it's emotional eating. You have to find an alternative way to release your emotions. You know that eating is such a very short term solution. Almost like picking a spot. The relief is great at the time...but then it takes longer to heal.

Finding another way to release those bad feelings will stand you in good stead for the rest of the journey...and forever more.

So....you back as planned? What will you do next time things get bad? Get your plan of action sorted as soon as possible.

Lots of love sweetie. You have already achieved something that others consider impossible. Hold on tightly.

OK, not going to say no harm done either, coz you just don't want to hear it. Every time I fall off the wagon there is harm done to me emotionally, but usually by myself. I promised to stop beating myself up and be kind to myself but we all have to make our own decisions about how we react. Sometimes it just helps to know people are out there and are on your side, which by now I think you know is true.

Get as much sleep as you can honey, your emotional and physical stores are depleted and will need time to build back up again.

So all I'm going to say is that I'm sending you love and hugs and looking forward to seeing you Saturday.

Back