Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

please can you bottle whatever you are on and send some quick. I'm a member of noenergyareus.com at present.

(Mind you, I did do rather alot in the gym yesterday LOL)

xx

even more manic since last post.... work is heavy going at the moment but yesterday I went and got a rack and topbox fitted... and it was wonderful... one of the guys at the club fitted and sold it to me... and for a real bargain price too! Afterwards he led me on the way home so we had a brief rideout together and it was ace! Got home and had to completely strip off and wash everything as was sooooo hot! It was like being in a mobile sauna!! The thing is, I won't ride without all the full protective gear on so it's a real sweatshop inside it in the sunshine!

Was supposed to do loads of paperwork for the club and did none at all in the end... just got back from the ride and washed and polished Hattie and then put her away... was tired after that so pottered about and then went to bed!

Today was pretty similar, although, I went to work on Hattie and loved it!! Weather permitting, I am going to do it as much as I possibly can!!

After work I had lunch with my boss - chicken and salad again, but so yummy! He had to dash off so I went off for another ride around and then to the bank for my elder daughter and then tootled off for a bit more of a ride... got home and had to hang my clothes on the line as , once again, was totally soaked in sweat... sorry if TMI, but that's how it was... and, after a while I decided I wanted to go out on Hattie again! So... off I went to Bedford! No sooner was I on my way than the heavens opened! lol I got soaked but I didn't care... I loved every second out on her... and even though drenched when I got back, I was very very happy! So, stripped again - soaked on both inside and outside this time! lol

SHowered and clothes in washing machine, final pack eaten and still grinning like a look from the ride... ahhh biking! love it!

Roll on Thursday and weigh in - am really hoping for good results!

Must get to bed now though - late nights mean tired mornings! xx

Oh, forgot to say, mum went for MRI on her hip today and has ended up as a guest at the hospital as she had a massive vertigo attack and has been chucking up all afternoon! Sis is with her and I have told her if it is life or death I will drop everything and be there in a heartbeat, otherwise I will be down to stay, as planned, a week Friday. I also told her if mum needs looking after and she (sis) can't do it then mum will have to come up and stay with me as I have to go to work and meet my committments... that went down like a ton of lead of course, but I am NOT going to uproot and mess work about if it isn't essential and I'm sorry, but a bad hip and vertigo is NOT life threatening... so... even if it means I have to go and get her, I will do and she will just have to deal with being here - I will sleep on the sofa so she has my room... and she can bring her dog... so.. that way I get to look after her when I can and still go to work and do the things I am committed to doing..

Tough if neither she nor my sis like it, but that's how it will have to be... I am done with giving up all my hols to do stuff for everyone else... sorry, I know I sound a right heartless cow but mum is a dreadful patient and at least if I am in my own home I can DO things to break it all!!

Right - bed now... only 2 sleeps 'til weigh in - am really hoping to have lost at least 7lbs (it's been 2 weeks!!)... oh I DO hope I have... lol no idea though and have had a couple of chicken and salad dinners but only 2 packs on those days so should be ok... we shall see!

Praying for fine mornings so I can ride Hattie to work - may even get up half an hour early just to take a more scenic route to work... lol

Just luvin your posts hun, you're sounding so good just now, really want you to get that 7lbs on thursday:fingerscrossed: i must confess to having a little titter when i had a vision of you and your mum on hattie (bringing her to stay with you)(i do know you would use the car, but the mind sees what the mind sees):)
So pleased you had such a great time:)

i must confess to having a little titter when i had a vision of you and your mum on hattie (bringing her to stay with you)(i do know you would use the car, but the mind sees what the mind sees):)

ha ha now i have that vision in my head ha ha I've a picture of supergran, remember her, on the back of Jennie's bike ha ha

Jennie you are sooo right saying ur mam can come and stay with you if she needs looking after... nobody has the luxury of being able to give up work with a mortgage nowadays so if she does need looking after I think you are dead right saying she needs to come to you.

You are looking great in your pics on FB recently sweetie.. well done xxx

dreadful dreadful day.... mum still being sick and hospital told us she has a mass/growth/tumour on her hip/groin... biopsy and bonescan and tests being done over next 2 days... can't believe it... here's me saying it's just a bad hip and a bit of vertigo... and it's not...

with her history of breast cancer they don't seem particularly hopeful... can't believe it... sitting here numb

feel bad for moaning about her but even so, it was all true... lol

suddenly I feel a million miles away... and in many respects I wish I was...

Sending positive vibes for you all

Aw honey, sending you lots of hugs and hope that its not as bad as first thought. I had all those tests too, and hopefully the results will be back quickly so that they can deal with whatever x x

Hi

Sending you a massive hug. You don't know me but I feel as though I know you! - I have read your posts and love to catch up with you, Hattie the bike, your mum and sis(!).

Hope your mum gets stronger - don't feel bad, you couldn't know what she had (even the docs didn't). I think she sounds pretty tough from what you've said (like mother like daughter).

All the best... Pomooky XXX

Thats horrible news, you must be in shock hun, hope you can keep posting and let us know whats happening, thinking positive for you babe (((((big cuddle)))))

Oh honey xxxxxx what a worrying time for you all :(

I guess all you can do is wait for the results and then do whatever needs to be done. Hopefully it won't be the bad news you're expecting!!!

Stay strong you are a fantastic daughter and your mum is lucky to have you xxx

well, its been a bizarre kind of day all in all... spent most of the morning in tears.. can't focus on work but tried to.. hardly slept and have been exhausted all day... got to work early.. ended up ringing the hospital as fed up waiting to hear... nurse followed protocol and said she couldn't tell me anything on phone other than mum was stable and had an ok night.. but lots of pain.. I asked to speak to her as I live a long way away, and she said they were too busy to wheel her to phone but try later.. so I basically thanked her (cursed her under my breath) and texted my sister with strict instructions to TELL mum to call me on her mobile the moment she took it to her!

I spent all morning at work in a weird state.. sometimes very productive and others just dissolved in tears... told my girls what was going on and that I would keep them up to date... my sis rang me and we talked about things pretty calmly and I told her if mum needed me I would be there in a shot.. and that I was coming on Monday and bringing mum's best friend down with me (she lives about 20 miles from me)... I am picking her up Monday morn and taking her down to visit and then, lunch I suppose and back again..

Told sis to tell mum to call me and to also write down phone numbers on paper for her as well as giving her mobile, also asked her to give hospital my contact numbers too... finally late afternoon mum rang. She said she had stopped being sick and was not eating, had finally got pain relief (they discovered that codeine sorts her) and was feeling a lot better. I told her she had to do as she was told and not to make me wag my finger and that it was fully loaded! lol Made light of it all and made sure I was chatty and upbeat with her. Told her of plan to come Monday and she seemed really pleased. Told her not to worry about her dog as I would have him anytime necessary and she knew he would be well looked after here and he gets on ok with my mutt - so told her not to worry about him at all... she promised she wouldn't worry.. I also told her she had to do everything just as she was told to - and she said sis had said the same, lol sounds like some lecturing went on! Felt loads better for having heard her voice and that she seems to be coping ok at the moment. Hope she gets some sleep tonight.. hospitals are terrible places to try and sleep in! I told her to get her earplugs! lol (Feel sorry for the others as she snores worse than I do!! lol )

Bone scan and biopsy are planned tomorrow and she hopes to be going home. We shall see. I can't seem to do much of any great use so I baked tonight.

6 dozen fairy cakes for the bike club summer show this Sunday...

Oh, had my weigh in today, it's been 2 weeks as cdc was on holiday.. lost another 7lbs , that makes 64lbs in 13 weeks.. (4st 8lbs)... am hoping to lose 4 this week as that will bring me down into the next "stone" marker... then the week after another 4 would mean I will have hit the 5 stone off marker too.. (mini-goals are good)..

CDC says its my week to have a meal every day so I went to Tesco and bought loads of cooked chicken, a whole roast hot chicken and sackfuls of salad. Made a really nice green salad and chicken for my dinner and felt better for having it, but have only had 1 pack today.. may have a soup in a moment... as supposed to have 3 packs plus food.. must admit to licking wooden spoon and shared a fairy cake with the dog.. (he got more than me... ) . But that's all.

Told mum about the weightloss and she was really pleased. Promised to bake a special cake for her - so am going to make her a mini victoria sponge for Monday.

So - its late again and I am shattered,,.. done a bit of stuff but not enough as have to get things sorted for the show.. HWSNBN was all set to dash back to "be there for me".. but I declined.. to be honest, I am SO glad he isn't here... he is no support at all and will just be underfoot and depressing so... wishing he would stay away longer to be honest... mean I know... but I am far happier on my own here right now (well, apart from lodger who I rarely see, and the dog, who I see too damn much in the middle of the sodding night! lol )

Rained all day.. kinda glad as meant I had to get on with "indoor" stuff. Told boss and colleagues what's going on with mum so hopefully they will understand my weirdness at the moment.

I am blessed with wonderful friends - thank you for your thoughts, words and positive vibes... they do make a difference...

I am glad I have my faith.. and always have hope... always...

Well done on a fabby weightloss yet again!!!!!

Actually you amaze me.... on one hand i want to slap your hands for the shared fairy cake, mountainous chicken salads but on the other hand you are one of the few people I know that can actually cope with these mini "cheats" and not let it force you into some kind of catatonic binge! Impressed.com.

With regards to everything else, I'm thinking of you xxxx

So pleased you got that 7lbs off that you wanted, and glad you got to speak to your mum and shes got effective pain control.
Will be good if she is at home on monday so you can spend the day with her, having your mums mate for company driving will be good, hope you have a great day on monday and once again :wow::talk017::wow:SEVEN POUNDS !!!! :wow:

Right - am about to sod off home and start getting ready proper for the weekend and everything it entails...

Karen - lol I am allowed the chicken and salad (although not in the quantities I have had, but had only 2 packs so not worried)... as for the shared fairy cake - yeah, my bad... lol but won't have any more. Had a soup at bedtime and slept well so perhaps will do same tonight..

Might have a small(ish) chicken salad tonight for dinner (or at lunchtime as that works best for me)... but dunno... HWSNBN is back tonight and will need the extra energy to cope with the added stress that will bring!

Mum texted this morning to say she had a good night... sis rang a short while ago to say that mum is coming home today but they have NOT done the scan or the biopsy!! She has to go back in next week for those!! Can't believe it - rationally I can, and do understand... but,... emotionally I want to dash down there, make a big fuss and refuse to have her home until they do the damn things and tell her wtf is going on inside her body!! It's damned cruel to put her through this... I am fit to burst with frustration and ranting and raving at the photocopier engineer did me the world of good. lol Love him, he knows me well and I was in tears when he arrived so I told him he was getting it both barrels... and he did... lol.. then he just smiled and said "you're lovely Jennie" and we laughed and I had a whiff of his aftershave... lmao... (Hugo Boss - mmmm)... lol

I did explain why I was a combination of fury and tears etc.... and he was sweet... my boss was here too... so, we did all end up laughing.

Good medicine indeed.

So, poor mum, in limbo now and down again too... love her.

Back