Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

Another failed diet day yesterday .... Cake and chicken and biscuits ... Mum admitted to hospital back home and insists I do NOT go back early which I won't but want to... Am so restless due to being sat indoors all day yesterday so off put on Hattie in a little while as rain has stopped at last!!! Feeling very emotional and so worried about mum ... Her poor little body is struggling with all that's happening to it and now something us going on with her stomach too ... I rang the ward twice last night without any answer and this morning got a nurse who didn't know so asked me to call back which I shall do... I don't know whether I'm coming or going right now .. But feels like every time I'm away from mum she ends up in hospital!! I know that's not logical and us utter rubbish but I'm not particularly logical right now ...
Wish the stupid weather would improve as not stopped raining since Tuesday !!!!

Did 75 miles on Hattie in the rain., but enjoyed it. Went to Jamaica Inn . Frustrated about mum as sis not forthcoming with info so have decided to call hospital again.
Rideout planned in morning to lands end which should be fun!! Praying for decent weather!

Morning honey, glad to hear you had a good ride yesterday. Lands End?? We had a lovely time there didn't we x x You know where we live if you feel like a "stop off" x x

You will get back on track. Just look how much you have lost already. It only seems like a few weeks ago that you restarted and you are over half way there.

These diets are hard at the best of times. When life is crap they are virtually impossible. Be kind to yourself.

Jac

Sorry been awol for a few days - it's 2.30am and I am going through my holiday pics so I can show them to mum but not let on I went on Hattie.

Mum still in hospital but I am collecting her tomorrow afternoon to take her home again. She sounded loads brighter today and it looks like the pain relief is helping loads... so that's good.

Work was weird today , I spent most of the time crying ... been so emotional today it's just ridiculous.

Weigh in showed a 3lb gain over the last 2 weeks so am cheesed off with myself for that but back on track again now i'm home. Have spent all my time since getting back yesterday, rushing around doing things.. washing, accounts, stockcheck, packing etc etc etc so I can head direct to get mum after work tomorrow.

Am so damn tired and emotionally wrung out at the moment.. may well get an early night tomorrow and go to bed when mum does...

Cornwall was amazing.. loads of fun times and hundreds of miles ridden... feel pretty proud of myself in an odd way... will update tomorrow night after I get mum settled down for the night.

It was SO wonderful to see Cheryl last week and so sorry I didn't get to see the other lovely Cheryl too but decided to opt for the motorway route home... still took me 8 hours to travel home.. it really is a hell of a long way... lol I can't wait to go back...

Morning honey, glad to hear mum is sounding brighter x

3lbs is amazing, I could gain that overnight!!! It will soon be gone honey x x

Lubs ya x

Well, been 100% since Thursday and struggling like mad at the moment but holding firm! Picked mum up from hospital yesterday - they were running late and it was 9pm before we finally headed home, bless her.. she is so poorly.

We both headed for bed as soon as home and she had a really bad night - up twice and in lots of pain, so she is back in bed now and has been asleep for a couple of hours. Pain seems to be under control heaps better now though and it's just the exhaustion that's getting to her for the moment..

Last night when she was getting into bed we had one of those very special "moments".. and a hug... I shall remember it always.

Today she managed to have a shower and come downstairs for her lunch.. I am giving her whatever she fancies, when she fancies it and her meds are all organised too. The "Hospice at Home" nurse came and I was pleased to meet her. She said she felt that it would be "this year, not next".. and that all we can do now is ensure mums quality of life is as good as possible.

From hereon in my sis will be here Sun eve - Thurs eve and I will be here Thurs eve- Sun eve. Work have agreed to me working flexible hours and also I am going to attend some things I have already got in my diary even though the are on weekends., but, I am going to sort out taking "holiday" to ensure my sister gets the time she needs too.

Mum is adamant that life has to carry on "as normal" for me and sis, but it really can't ever be that way again now.. a new "normal" is being created and then another new "normal" will follow.. but bless her, I know what she means and that's why I am still planning "normal" stuff.

Sis still seems to think mum will be around for years.. and if that helps her then fine and I will support all the "plans" that are being made with mum for the rest of this year and next year too.. she has "goals" for November (British Legion conference in Llandudno), December (Christmas) , Feb (sis's 50th birthday) and April (not sure what this is but think sis may be planning on getting wed... who knows!) ... it's also my birthday in November and I am really really hoping mum will celebrate it with me as usual.. but I respect the hospice nurse's experience of these things and think she probably is right.. but.. maybe not!

I was very emotional yesterday... tiredness does that doesn't it? I had been up 'til 4.30am making sure everything at home was in order so I could leave, work is busy too, and then had the 2 hour drive down and the waiting in the hospital for 3 hours before finally getting mum home and settled around 10pm. With a broken night last night I woke exhausted but I seem to have got my "second wind" now and have done the washing and went shopping for mum and also have been catching up on bike club emails too. I love the peaceful feel of mum's house. Her garden is blooming and the sun is shining and the only sounds are the airplanes (not far from Heathrow and Denham) and birdsong...

Hospice nurse was lovely and we had a very good discussion.. transpires that my sis has complained that she is struggling financially so I pointed out to the nurse that the ONLY cost to us is our time, emotions, energy and petrol. Sis is not losing any income as she is still signing on and getting everything paid for on her benefits... she is driving my mothers car and filling it with petrol using my mothers bank account... and mum buys all the food etc... so actually, by not being at home and using her own leccy and water etc (as she does her washing here, fair enough) then actually sis is better off!

The only financial cost to me is fuel too.. and I bring my own food.. lol.. CD packs for me!! So.. not sure why sis said about that although I know she is considering applying for Carers Allowance, and, if she is entitled to it then fair enough.. she should go for it. She is here 4 days and 4 nights out of 7, and there will be times when she is here more or less than that too... so what the hell!

I am delighted that she has actually left mum's debit card with her this time! Mum asked me to get her some cash out which I did and gave her the printout. I got a mini-statement for her too and there are some "odd" items on it.. I shall keep an eye on things I reckon...

Was peeved to see that sis and mum had made some pretty major decisions about her care without consulting me - not on when I am also caring for mum. I am not going to gripe about it to either of them. No point. But I am peeved.

Mr Misery is being a huge practical help back home - I left him a housework list, lol so he has said he will attend to that! Yay! lol Whilst I clean here he is cleaning back home... I am hoping to get very early nights when home to keep my energy levels topped up for my weekends here.

I love my mum so much and all that crap earlier in the year keeps playing in my mind and I am still really hurt about it. But. It is the past and now is now.

I am determined to keep losing my weight.. and.. I have made some appointments to see my Dr about helping me to cope and also organise a mammogram and check some lumpy bits I have too.. nothing to be worried about I'm sure and probably best to check just for peace of mind than physical well-being..

Right - am off to check on mum again.. I just stand and watch her sleep.. she doesn't look all that peaceful even when she sleeps...

I hate cancer.

Nothing I can say, Jennie.

So just sending you big ((((hugs)))).

Pam xxx

Just one thing is bugging me, what grade lump did your Mum have with her breast cancer and did she need a mastectomy?

Hugs from me too , I know our support keeps you going , along with other things , just wish there was more we could do
Love xx

Nothing I can say, Jennie.

So just sending you big ((((hugs)))).

Pam xxx

Just one thing is bugging me, what grade lump did your Mum have with her breast cancer and did she need a mastectomy?

No idea what grade it was, it was almost 10 years ago now and long since filed away in memory banks and no, no mastectomy. It makes no difference now anyway. Nothing will change things.

No idea what grade it was, it was almost 10 years ago now and long since filed away in memory banks and no, no mastectomy. It makes no difference now anyway. Nothing will change things.

Jennie, perhaps I am being selfish but having had breast cancer myself, can you imagine how what has happened to your Mum has scared me witless? That is why I asked.

Sorry I asked.

Signing off crying.

Pam

Jennie, perhaps I am being selfish but having had breast cancer myself, can you imagine how what has happened to your Mum has scared me witless? That is why I asked.

Sorry I asked.

Signing off crying.

Pam

Sorry, didn't know you had... thought you were a nurse or something.. sorry.

She had a very slow cancer before, radiation therapy, it was also in her lymph nodes and she had some of those removed... it was such a long time ago and I really cannot remember what grade but as they made her wait months before giving her the radiation therapy I would imagine it was a pretty slow non-aggressive type. She also only had a lumpectomy not even a partial mastectomy... her best friend, conversely, had breast cancer about 20 years ago and had a full mastectomy and is fighting fit still... I think hon, that it is like anything else... everyone is different, everyones cancer is different... everyone's survival is different... if you are worried then go and have a talk with your GP and I am sure they will be able to put your mind at rest.

Mum is now 76yrs old... her original cancer was 10yrs ago.. and she only found out by accident as she had no symptoms or anything but decided that she should have a mammogram.

You're not being selfish, it's a normal human reaction... trust me.. my best friend feels just as you do... and she had a full mastectomy, chemo, radiation , drugs, the works... and her mum died of it at 50... my best friend is terrified because of my mum's situation... BUT... you have to realise, this is not you, you do not have cancer any more... I am positive you will be fine. I am sorry my diary brings you such horrors... I won't be offended if you don't read it or post on it any more because of it... I don't want to upset you or anyone... it's just my life...

Back