Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

Hiya, Jenny! It was great to meet you last night... if you remember me (lush :p). I hope you've recovered from the drunken late night!

You look amazing, Jenny - it's about time you realised that!

Jo x

Well, it's a sheepish :hide:and terribly hungover 'hello' from me...

I didn't get the lie in... I was too busy trying to stop the bed from spinning! :sick0019:I had who knows how much white wine last night :party0036:and today am suffering big time for it! :sign0137:Don't think I'll ever drink the stuff again... lol... had to phone my friends up :help2:and ask them to come and get me (and my car) - over an hour from home!! Love them, Lisa and her son David duly trawled up to Warwickshire and very lovingly got me home. :patback:That was around 1pm... I've only just got out of bed and managed to unload the car and sum up the courage to get on here. lol

I dread to think what photos were taken last night - but I have to say,... it was a fabulous evening and the place was literally heaving with so many very very lovely people. The lady who won SOTY was smashing, her name's Tracy Broderick (I think) and she is fabulous - we had a hungover softly spoken chat this morning.. lol Boy do I feel (and look) dog rough!:eek::eek:

Bumped into some people in the corridor this am and their opening words were "You don't look as good as you did last night!" LMAO Seriously felt so ill I could barely walk!

The awards time of yesterday was wonderful. So so many amazing people. To get into the final 12 was something else. I was so grateful to Ailsa for being there with me too (she missed her son's Christmas Bazaar and his performance!) Seeing Sharon again was the biz! (We'll def do the Pool!!) and I met some incredible folks. Mandy - you are truly inspirational, it was so so good to see you again. I took on board what you said this morning about time out etc... :) thank you xxxx

Will blether on another time about it all as there is so much and my eyes are hurting now... :eek:

Jo - I do have a vague recollection of meeting you:party0016:... lol Oh dear... I need to go back to bed.....

Last edited:
Sounds like a great time was had by all (she says whispering), hope your head is better tomorrow.

Glad you had a lovely time and let your hair down!

Looking forward to seeing any pictures of you all looking fabulous.

Love ya xxx

Hope you are feeling better today honey, Kerrie and I were on the next table at breakfast and I thought you were going to expire at one point , but when we left you the bacon had appreared so I thought 'there's hope yet!'
It was brilliant to actually meet you and everyone else , I have read your diary from the beginning over the last few months and it was like meeting someone famous ! ( but with an incredibly bad hangover, LOL)
Anyway take it easy chick, I AM BACK ON THE PACKS TODAY! freshly inspired by the conference and all the wonderfull people , just like an adrnealine shot in the arm to get me back on track again and stop blimmin messing about, Goal here I come!

Sounds like you had a ball darling!!!! Would have loved to have seen you drunk lol lol.

Well done on the maintaining, sounds like you got it sussed!!!

Lots of luv,

Hey Hunnie,

Yep we did have a very quite little chat on Sunday Morning, although you looked alot better than me! I really thought I was gonna DIE!:eek:

You were so funny though, when I said oh I went to bed about 12am you were like I went up at 4am!!! OMG you party animal you:D

It was lovely meeting everyone and I'm so glad you got home saftely I was worried about you driving home hee hee:)

Take care sweetie :talk017:

Helloooooo

You had a wonderful day and night and you were so happy, especially
when you found the 2 bottles of wine at 2 am in the morning!!

Did feel for you yesterday morning, nothing worse than the hangover from hell. Still it was a great day and night and we all had a wonderful time.

Well done on getting to the finals.

Blimey, it's almost Christmas already! (Just realise the date!)

I have so so much to whitter (sp) on about... like my time at the conference, the 'do' after, the last couple of weeks, PQM (long story there involving snogs and daughters and 'I don't love you' s)... blind dates, makeovers, photo shoots, being a CDC (still think my clients are the bees knees)... being stood up, getting a stand in, having meals out, meals in, Christmas plans... Carol singing... flirty fellas in the local.... ups and downs of the last fortnight.... mum taking ex to court, decision in from PCT about surgery... Nana... sis... girls... anniversaries... New Years Eve,.. night clubs..., mates abandoning me... taxi driving.. argh! I've got some time in my diary for 'me time' this week so will do some manic typing then... I miss my diary and writing it each day.

Weight wise I am still maintaining at 10 stone 10lbs at the moment. It fluctuates by a couple of pounds either way but basically this is my 'normal' weight now. I love maintaining, it's a good feeling to know I can have 1900 calories a day and not put weight on again! I eat loads, am a constant grazer (am thinking I need to sort that out though as have noticed the habit of scouring the fridge has returned big time!).

Also noticed that I have been having the urge to 'cheat' more and more.. now, I know it isn't cheating as I can have what I want, but even so... I sat and wrapped a bazillion presents at the weekend to ensure I didn't eat any of them! (Yes, I bought chocs for some friends and family). Once they were all wrapped and labelled it was fine. No temptation!

If I can get through Christmas without a gain I shall know I have cracked the back of this maintenance lark I think... 3 months so far... by New Year it will be 4... I have a few parties to go to and I know there will be my ultimate achilles heel.... buffet food!! SO.... I'm going to eat before I go to every single one and sit miles from the food! (or help with washing up - that works well...)! lol Quorn stir fry fills me up to the very brim so that's looking like my number 1 choice for those nights out! lol

Flippin heck.. I have lots of BIG news to share too!

Have missed this place but life has been mental recently (will let up a bit over Christmas I reckon - but not much!)

The BIG news is this...

Big news 1:

ZOE PASSED HER DRIVING TEST!!!!!

I am delighted as she is now taking herself everywhere and she loves it! I am so so proud of her. She persevered until she got it and is totally independently running her car and has a fab job in a dead posh hotel and gets herself there and back and I don't have to do any more late night/ early morning runs out into the Northants countryside... (many times I got lost too!!!).

I get up slightly earlier than her and make her tea and toast every day to make sure she at least has some breakfast before her shifts.. she works incredibly hard but is loving it. They just told her that she has Christmas AND Boxing Day off, so we are all looking forward to our Christmas Day now.

BIG NEWS 2.

Sarah is coming home for Christmas on Friday - I can't wait to see her again (filling up at the thought). She's only home for a week but I hope we get to spend some quality time together and she's going to put all the clothes on Ebay for me and whatever I make on them I'm going to give her to help her get through the rest of Uni as she is struggling financially despite working.

I am SO looking forward to seeing her again. We haven't seen each other since August. I intend to try and get down to see her at Easter next year, however, I can't really make any plans at this point... because...

BIG NEWS 3:

After lodging an appeal and sending in photos again... the PCT have agreed (due to 'exceptional circumstances') to do an abdominoplasty for me on the NHS! This is major major news and when the letter arrived I burst into tears and sobbed uncontrollably for ages. I have to say, I am overwhelmed and exhausted and was in such an emotional state when it came on Wednesday that I thought I was going insane! (I know, there are those who would say I already am!!!). I am going to post a photo of my stomach and skin, I have thought long and hard about this, but I am going to do it. (When I get home later). Just the one picture, to show why it has been such a major deal for me. There is a lot to be said for 'seeing is believing' at times, and this is one such time. I'll be keeping a diary of the whole thing.. from the initial request, through the appeal and the 'yes' letter right up to full recovery , whenever that might be. I have no idea when or where or who or anything at the moment, I am going to find out what happens next when I see the nurse tomorrow. I have to admit, when the letter came (I accosted the post man on his round!!)... I hurtled to the surgery to see my nurse and we both leapt around and then I broke down and sobbed... no-one can imagine how I felt... it came on the anniversary of my ex leaving me... my Sarah said it was karma. I have my own thoughts and beliefs... but I have to admit... I don't think it was coincidental. So... I can't make any plans until I have some idea of datelines... timescales etc... but that's ok as I need to slow down a bit... well, a lot really. lol

Big News 4...

There isn't any... lol... except that I have finally realised that being single isn't all that bad after all and I have realised from those in and around my life, who isn't right for me (friends and fellas alike) and that I need to love me first and get my head sorted out about my body and what's really important before even thinking I am ready for a full on relationship.... (or even a mini one!)... I've also realised that I won't take so much crap anymore... also how incredibly lucky I am... and despite the loneliness and missing cuddles and hand-holding etc and the pretty naff self-esteem...(despite appearances - great thing facades y'know)! ... things are looking up and I can see a light there... I am setting new goals and targets for the coming years... yes, years... I need long term plans now too... am sure there will still be plenty of ups and downs (that's life innit!)... but aim to keep smiling and gritting teeth and just make the best of whatever comes my way

Last edited:
One of the reasons for abdominoplasty

Ok, here's one of the reasons why I need the Abdominoplasty. It isn't pretty though. The black is my bra... that gives you a bit of perspective. Not pretty - 'nuff said.

Attachments

• belly.jpg
    belly.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 357
Jennie

That is very very brave of you to post that picture and you fully deserve to have the op - you'll be wearing crop top's by this time next year and getting your belly button (new one I understand...lol) pierced too....!!!;):D:eek:

Speak to you in the New Year hun.... have a fab slim Xmas and New Year - get out partying (like you need telling...!!) with them girls of yours!

Lots of love

You already know how thrilled I am that the PCT reconsidered their decision and I'm delighted they've finally seen sense.

I think you're incredible for posting your photo and I can't even begin to imagine how exciting it will be for you to have a fab flat tummy (I can only wish and dream!). You so deserve it though - and I can't wait to see the results in the New Year.

Meeting you in person and becoming your friend has been one of the true highlights of 2007 for me - and I love ya to bits too!

Have a wonderful Xmas and a truly spectacular 2008 (and let's sort that weekend away out as soon as we can eh? :))

Jennie

That is very very brave of you to post that picture and you fully deserve to have the op - you'll be wearing crop top's by this time next year and getting your belly button (new one I understand...lol) pierced too....!!!;):D:eek:

Speak to you in the New Year hun.... have a fab slim Xmas and New Year - get out partying (like you need telling...!!) with them girls of yours!

Lots of love

Hiya beautiful, let me tell you , there's not a cat in hell's chance of me ever wanting to wear a crop top nor of having a belly button (new or otherwise) pierced! lol I just want rid of this nasty horrid depressing stuff.

I felt it important to show the photo for a number of reasons - firstly because I know that there are many who simply do not / did not believe that I have a real problem with excess skin because it isn't obvious when people see me - I'm exceptionally good at hiding it! Secondly, I know too that it isn't a cheap operation nor one that is considered lightly either and I realise that there will be those who feel it is a waste of valuable NHS resources too. I won't necessarily be able to convince them otherwise but hopefully they might understand better why it affects me so so deeply.

Also, it's a way of continuing the openness of my diary. I have tried to not shy away from the harsh realities of life and my weight loss journey, I view myself as still only part way through that journey, possibly not even half way yet as I need to maintain for a significant amount of time to believe I have finished. Plus, until this skin is gone, the scales do not show an accurate picture of my true weight.

At my heaviest I stretched my skin over a body in excess of 25 stone... the photo shows what that can leave you with when you lose the fat... if this even stops just ONE person from getting up to that kind of size and therefore stops them having to cope with it after their weight loss then it will have been worth posting the picture. Also, it may help prepare some folk for what they might have to deal with. I don't want it to put them off losing, God forbid! It is far better, I feel, to be slim with skin than fat and facing a premature appointment with the grim reaper on a daily basis! But it is very hard too.

Can't wait to see you again in the New Year.

Loads of love xxxxxx

You already know how thrilled I am that the PCT reconsidered their decision and I'm delighted they've finally seen sense.

I think you're incredible for posting your photo and I can't even begin to imagine how exciting it will be for you to have a fab flat tummy (I can only wish and dream!). You so deserve it though - and I can't wait to see the results in the New Year.

Meeting you in person and becoming your friend has been one of the true highlights of 2007 for me - and I love ya to bits too!

Have a wonderful Xmas and a truly spectacular 2008 (and let's sort that weekend away out as soon as we can eh? :))

Oh Sharon, such a lovely message, thank you.

I know that a flat stomach is a long way off yet but I am looking forward to it. Very much. In the meantime I have to concentrate on keeping the weight off and staying healthy mentally and physically so that when the time comes all is in place.

We MUST sort out that weekend double quick!!

I thought of you when I posted the photo, I remember you doing the same and how strong I thought you were and how inspirational I found that.

I don't see myself as brave etc... just perhaps open.

The photo is a pic that will change... I am excited and nervous all at once about the time when I can post the 'after' shot!!

Back