Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

Hiya beautiful, let me tell you , there's not a cat in hell's chance of me ever wanting to wear a crop top nor of having a belly button (new or otherwise) pierced! lol I just want rid of this nasty horrid depressing stuff.

Extremely pleased to hear it .... crop tops so not a good look on women of a 'certain' age...... also I think I'd better write here that Jennie and I have been good friends for over a year and these comments are fully understood and in no way meant as flippant or offensive - in case any newbies reading this think I'm a flippant beetch!!)....

I felt it important to show the photo for a number of reasons - firstly because I know that there are many who simply do not / did not believe that I have a real problem with excess skin because it isn't obvious when people see me - I'm exceptionally good at hiding it! Secondly, I know too that it isn't a cheap operation nor one that is considered lightly either and I realise that there will be those who feel it is a waste of valuable NHS resources too. I won't necessarily be able to convince them otherwise but hopefully they might understand better why it affects me so so deeply.

Having seen your tum in the flesh (no pun intended) I do not for one minute think you should not have this done and it is a problem that faces lots of us when we loose weight - for some of us who have had years and years of being overweight (plus having kids thrown in the mix) there is just no way the skin will spring back.... and whilst it is a costly operation just think in the long term how much you will be SAVING the NHS because of all the other problems you may have got related to being larger..

Also, it's a way of continuing the openness of my diary. I have tried to not shy away from the harsh realities of life and my weight loss journey, I view myself as still only part way through that journey, possibly not even half way yet as I need to maintain for a significant amount of time to believe I have finished. Plus, until this skin is gone, the scales do not show an accurate picture of my true weight.

I wonder how much it'll weigh?..... You will once it's gone truly be 'at target' - how exciting... you've worked so hard and fully deserve to have this journey completed 'properly'.....

At my heaviest I stretched my skin over a body in excess of 25 stone... the photo shows what that can leave you with when you lose the fat... if this even stops just ONE person from getting up to that kind of size and therefore stops them having to cope with it after their weight loss then it will have been worth posting the picture. Also, it may help prepare some folk for what they might have to deal with. I don't want it to put them off losing, God forbid! It is far better, I feel, to be slim with skin than fat and facing a premature appointment with the grim reaper on a daily basis! But it is very hard too.

Absolutely...... me being one of them people.... come the New Year.... for me I am going to sort myself out hun (we'll speak about that another time)..... this has been a bit of a annus horriblus for me but 2008 see's a new me emerging - well physicaly anyway - I think I'm OK as a person just the packaging is a bit naff!!!

Can't wait to see you again in the New Year.

Look forward to seeing you in the New Year - you gonna come to BHam? I've not put my name down but could be persuaded!!!;)

Loads of love xxxxxx

Back at ya chick.....

MERRY CHRISTMAS XXX

OMG Jen, I am so happy for you hun, you really deserve this op, and I thank you for sharing the intimate photo with us. Have a great, wonderful, fantastic Christmas with your lovely girls xxxx

I think you know exactly how pleased I am for you and I think you are such a special and wonderful person, and many people will appreciate seeing that picture as they will know that they are not alone.

Love ya xxx

jen i am so pleased they reconsiderd and you are now allowed the op
as i said in previous posts you deserve this, it is you who battled the weight,you who got of ya butt and worked hard to shift the lbs, you never asked them for help you had no surgery to help you along the way. it was all shear hard work on your part and you suceeded,
you beat the flab and i honestly think you deserve this op

we hear of so many cut backs and people in the medical profession slating us overweight people, so when someone like you does something about their weight and beats it i think you are entitled to a little help from the nhs.

you go for it girl you are a true star and this op is your reward, sort of like a golden globe

i only hope i am as successful in my battle

kaz xxxx

jennie,

a brave picture to post and those people at the PCT were so right to reconsider. I couldn't agree more with the 'better to be slim with skin than fat and face the premature appointment with the grim reaper' comment.

We should all be doing this for the right reasons - like you and the op - its for you and no-one else.

and don't forget - what ever the 'packaging', its your 'contents' that make you so bloody popular and have so many friends and admirers.

People love you for who you are NOW and thats precious - you only have to look at the warmth of the posts on here (and no doubt in PMs and mails/calls) to see that.

Thats true beauty!

x

Hi,

I want to echo what everyone else has said you are very brave, posting that picture> I am so pleased the hospital have reconsidered your op. Good luck on your way to a flat tummy!!!!

You go girl!!!!

Love Nas x

You poor pet - thank you for posting that photo.
I have so much admiration for what you've achieved, both the weight-loss, the diary and the jump.

You totally deserve the surgery. <<hugs>>

Another day dawns and I am pooped!

Thanks for all the lovely comments though, I am glad I posted the photo. I don't have any idea when nor where the op will take place as yet, it is all now in the hands of the NHS and my GP. I have faith though that it won't be a terribly long time. I saw the nurse yesterday and she talked me through what happens next. I know it won't be an easy road to travel but for me it is one that is essential, and, it isn't about having a flat tummy, it's about not having a monstrous freakish one.

One of my friends came to call on me this morning and she was shocked when I showed her the picture.. she had no idea that's what it is like under my clothes (well, lol, why would she!?) lol

Still... onwards and upwards eh! Today is another manic one (according to my diary - which I have just realised is sitting on my kitchen table with my mid-morning snack!!! - a Pink Lady apple... yummm!!!) argh! work this am , then dash home, CD stock to unpack and check and then order pick for clients as Wednesdays are my busy day... I love my clients... I go and see 2 of them at 2, a fab couple and doing great guns!, and then home for the rest of them who are coming to me... that will continue to 6.30pm when I then will be trying to cook dinner (I don't do cooking within 2 hours of clients are coming as I think it's unfair to have cooking smells in the air when they are SSing)... so... dinner (probably fish stir fry followed by a scrummy pud of strawbs, grapes, meringue nest and yogurt... my absolute fave pudding second to choc mint muffin with banana and custard muller light!!!).... then off Carol singing around the pubs with the church at 8pm, but only for an hour as it's the bike clubs last night before Christmas and I have to hurtle over there with my £12 for the January Christmas dinner!! Argh!! (I wonder if I can clone myself and send one off singing whilst I go to the club....)

So it's going to be crazy day, and, somewhere in there I have to try and get the Christmas Decs out of the loft as my house is still bare!! I'd like to think I could get to bed this side of midnight but somehow.... lol Still, there's always tomorrow... ah, no, maybe not.... out for dinner tomorrow night and have to spend the afternoon with clients and sorting out bedroom for my darling Sarah coming home Friday.. plus last night I went late night shopping and didn't manage to get everything I wanted so will have to do that too at some point... hmm.... Friday perhaps... ah... yes! I've got it! After dinner tomorrow night I can nip to Tesco (it's 24 hour) and get those last few bits... (bananas, bacon, bathrobe for Sarah, few odd stocking filler gifts for girls maybe, although I'm surprised at how many parcels they do have!)... plus must remember to get some screenwash and check tyre pressures as seem to be doing a lot of wheel spins... enjoyed my 5 minutes of peace in the car this morning as I sat in the car wash... (well, it's FAR too cold to hand wash).

One thing I have noticed since losing the weight... I AM FLAMING FREEZING!!! I'm sat here in my combats and boots with a thermal vest (my new best friend!).. long sleeved t-shirt, short sleeved t-shirt (my lush Guiness one that I bought at the Dublin meet weekend), a long sleeved cardigan, a fleece AND a bodywarmer and I am STILL cold!! lol British gas love me... my house is sooooo snug... wish I was there right now!! lol

Still... it's a lovely bright morning and I do enjoy the scenery as I drive through the lanes to get here so it's all good. :)

Jenny I am so pleased you are going to get the surgery, you have done so well and deserve to be rid of the reminder of how you used to be. You are a stunning lady and this will be the finishing touch to end your amazing journey.

You are a great inspiration to people who started at a high weight like I was, though I have yet to finish my journey, I will continue after having the baby.

Have a wonderful christmas xxx

Hello lovely

I am THRILLED to the core about the TT decision!! You really do deserve it. Thanks for posting the pic, you really do hide it VERY well under your clothes!!

Sounds like you have a manic couple of days ahead - AGAIN!! Great news about Sarah coming home, that must be soooo exciting.

You sound really happy and contented at the moment and i'm so impressed with your weight maintenance - and slightly jealous i might add cos food is still a nightmare for me!

Good luck with your to do list for the day then and very much look forward to your next update...

Luv

Quick hop on between clients... my next one just cancelled .. :( seems to happen a fair bit at the moment but all are booked in for January and have been given coping and damage limitation hints and tips!

I just have to share - my last client has lost almost 2 stone and is so thrilled, we were both grinning like Cheshire cats and hugged. She's doing so well and is always looking forward to her weigh ins. All of my clients are lovely in their own unique ways and all have done well thus far. I am nervous for them over Christmas and just hope they all cope ok. I have some coming for a quick weigh in on Boxing Day just to help with damage limitation... :)

Right, time to get ready for my next client and vacuum too. Have managed to start making truffles to take to bike club tonight, and unloaded the car.. quite good she cancelled really as has given me an extra half an hour! Yippee! lol

Must ring mum... lots going on with stepdad and it isn't good... :( worried about both him and her! Remind me to tell you about the court case too... at last my ex had to face the music!! (and I think it was about as tuneful to him as those dire auditions for X factor!!!:sign0151:

Incredibly brave of you to post that picture Jennie, and really pleased for you that you are getting your tummy tuck on the NHS - well deserved :clap:

I am so pleased the PCT reviewed your case and agreed to your op. I cannot understand how they can turn someone away who has done so much to improve their health by losing so much weight.

By losing your weight the chances of developing Type II diabetes, Blood Pressure and other ailments have been greatly reduced or eradicated therefore saving the NHS thousands of pounds over the coming years.

Well done on maintaining so well.

Linda

Thanks for sharing your pic with us all ~ its not about being brave to show it ~ its about facing the truth ~ just like we all do when we first step on the scales and take one great leap into a slimmer world.

One of my friends came to call on me this morning and she was shocked when I showed her the picture.. she had no idea that's what it is like under my clothes (well, lol, why would she!?) lol

Well Jennie, who knows what's under the clothes, could be good could be bad. Take that gorgeous pic of David Beckham !!!!!!!LOL

Thrilled you are getting your op and still taking baby steps to healing. I dont think you are brave or inspirational ~ just Jennie becoming the "real" Jennie x x x x x ah I am so so chuffed for all your achievement, you are right about your journey ~ maybe some more good things will happen maybe a few bad ~but don't ever forget to smell the roses along the way!

Love Love

Shaza

wow youve certainly had a very colourful life, you have a much better social life than me
you really are an inspiration
its taken me a week to read ur diary, what will i do with my time now?
suppose i could go back to chatting on the internet site i go to ( yep i also go on dating sites, lol )

Back