Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

oh dear sweetie, you are having a bit of a rough ride at the mo arn't you. Your body may be preparing you for when you have the op, as then there will be no choice, if you don't rest & recuperate you will be jepodising the success of the op, & knowing how hard you have worked to get this far, i know you won't want anything to go wrong.
sounds like things going quite well with WPML & hope it lasts for you, you deserve someone good in your (hectic) life.
Disapointed about you not making it to Brum, but hey that can be done at other times & other places, your op is a once off & FAR more important, we'll toast a few vodka's to you, i'm sure lol
xx

Hi Irene

Op is a week tomorrow!! (7th April) there is no way I'll be at Brum I'm afraid.... loads has happened in the last 3 weeks (hence my silence)... got stacks to tell you but it will all have to wait for now as I've got to shoot off... Paintballing today in the woods with my motorbike club mates! Yeharr! Mad I know.. but hey - it'll get my 10k steps in no worries!

Hope all's well with you. I'll pm you the details of hospital etc.

Well done on the 7.5lbs off ! :D

lots of love
xxxxxxxxx

Hiya hun! Great to see you posting again. I was only thinking about you the other day as I couldn't remember what date your op was. It really is so close now. Do keep in touch as much as you can and let us know how things are going for you and how you're feeling.

Can't wait to read your update about your past few weeks too - sounds exciting (at least I hope it is :D).

Lots of love

I've just recently finished reading your diary and wanted to wish you all the best with your op. Good luck!

Thought I'd bring you all up to date on things.... I was really looking forward to my bike lesson yesterday. Kawasaki 500... fabulous!! :D Very excited and the weather was wonderful.

Spent 3 glorious hours riding and finally cracked the U turn so very very very happy about that.. even though it needs a bit of fine tuning.. I'm not scared of it any more coz I did it lots of times! yayy!! :D:D

Loved every second., knew what mistakes I made when I made them and felt really good to be back on the 500. Instructor was very pleased and I spent the entire time grinning like a loon.:D

BUT... things weren't so great on the ride home this time... same bit of road I'd had such a good ride on last lesson... went disasterously wrong this time. He told me afterwards that I'd had 'target fixation' and that was why what happened,happened...

At about 4.30pm I hit the kerb of the central reservation of the dual carriageway at around 70mph....:cry:(within the legal speed limit and the speed at which all the traffic was travelling) :eek:. My instructor told me that I had 'target fixation' and explained what that was and how to avoid it/deal with it in future. I felt really sorry for him... must have been quite scary to watch me chuck his bike down the road! Not to mention galling... the bike earns him money... I feel bad about that... :(

I'm extremely fortunate in that I didn't hit tarmac, kerb, cars or crash barriers... instead I landed on the left side of my head and my left shoulder on the grass verge in the central reservation and then did a stunning impersonation of a rotivator for I don't know how far (quite a distance I think) before coming to a stop.... (I could have popped in a row of seed potatoes at the same time!).. lots of rubbish on the grass though.. I spotted at least 6 different fizzy drink bottles!

I realised I was still alive and in one piece so quickly got up to check the bike :eek: and then was told to sit on the crash barrier and take it easy... I felt ok really. :rolleyes: Bit embarassed... :eek:

Embarassingly, I've pretty much written the bike off too :roll: and have done a good job of temporarily mullering my left knee ligaments :cry: . I ache a bit in several different places and have the odd bruise here and there but thankfully that's it.

Thank God (and I really mean that) for good leathers and great boots and a fantastic jacket with body armour... and superb gloves with protectors on... not to mention my lush lid (which I now have to replace) with which I could returf my garden from the contents of the chin vents! Apparantly I must have relaxed too as I rolled... I dunno... I just remember rolling and stopping... :sigh:

Despite all that, I had absolutely every intention of carrying on today with my lessons, but, as I ended up in the hospital at 3am being xrayed (the ambulance crew on the scene of the accident didn't check me over because I felt ok at the time...) and I am struggling a bit with walking, I know there is no way I can ride a bike right now. Otherwise I would.. in fact, if the bike had been rideable I probably would have ridden it back still. :rolleyes:

So, I am absolutely and utterly gutted that I can't carry on this week when I am positive I would have passed my test Friday ... and I have to buy a new lid too! (It was worth every penny of the £110 I spent on it!)

Loads of silver linings though... I'm alive :D:D, no-one else was hurt or involved, I didn't break any bones, I can take the test when recovered from op (hopefully late summer before new test but if not they hey ho...)... from Monday my leg will be resting along with the rest of my body so all can heal at the same time! :p (I'm not going to tell them about the accident.... hopefully won't be hobbling then!) PLUS... I now have lots more time to do all the other stuff I need to in prep of hospital Monday!

So... loads to be happy about and thankful for... :D

Anyway.. that's the end of my lessons for now :cry: , but not for good... despite what happened I believe I can & will be a good rider.. I made a mistake... like I say...the instructor told me it's called 'target fixation'... boy oh boy... I won't EVER make it again and I am very glad of the chance to learn from it rather than be pushing up the daisies right now!

So... that's it for now! But... as they say... the show ain't over 'til the fat lady sings... and I ain't fat anymore and I ain't singing so... onwards and upwards! :D:D

Other updates to follow... WPML, PQM (LOADS about him!!!).... work... Zoe... the cat... blah de blah blah...:p

Good grief honey! You sure don't do things by halves do ya!?? :eek:

I just so glad that you weren't (seriously) hurt. A bike is a just that. A bike - which can be replaced. You can't!

Sending you lots of love and every good wish for your op. I'll be thinking about you and we'll DEFINITELY be raising a glass or two of water (yeah right!! *lol*) to you in Brum :)

WOW!

Glad you're ok! Scary scary stuff xxx

Jeez man.. you dont do things by half do you?! glad you're ok.. i nearly died when i read the title.. damn.. Glad that you are gonna get back up n ride again though.. i know how much you love it..

Ill miss you so much as brum.. you you shall be getting a nice flat tummy.. and ill see you soon.. i hope anyways.. not sure what ill do without my jennie..!!!!!!!!

x x x

flippin eck girl, i' leave the computer for a few hours & this is what i come back to :eek:
seriously, you are one lucky biker chick hun, so glad to hear you escaped that nasty accident with only a few scrapes.Doesn't even sound like your pride got dented either.
take care & plenty of rest babes
laa
xx

OMG Jen, frightened the life out of me when I saw the thread title. So glad you are OK. Now..........rest up a bit before your op xxx

Take care Jennie, you are bound to ache quite a bit. Still it must have taken your mind off your op for a bit! See, silver cloud, lining etc....

Rest up and you'll soon be fine again.

Love

Back