Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

Well... I made a chilli then went to bed... slept like a log but woke as I have every morning since Monday, with a flashback to crash,... hmm.... need to try and do something about that I reckon... not quite sure what, but will think of summut... :)

Woke up way before the alarm at 6.30 and have cleared the spare room so at least 1 guest tonight will have a bed to sleep in... I have to vac and polish yet, but all the washing is done and hung up to dry and the kitchen's not looking too bad... my room looks lush for the first time in years! I spent hours the other week having a real blitz. My thinking is... I may end up spending a fair amount of time sleeping and 'resting' (me? resting? WTF!!)... so I want the space I sleep in to be as restful as possible. I just have a bit of ironing (blah!) to do and put a few bits away and that's that done too...

Hospital bag is beginning to fill... knickers, bedsocks, hot water bottle (yes, really, I get so cold I reckon if I takes me botty in they just might let me use it on me feet!) ... either that or I try and sneak me lekky blanky in! ... hmmm.. there's an idea.... anyhow... knickers... etc... 3 robes (2 very light, one warm, 5 nightshirts, soft cardigan, toiletries... ah now... my mate Shaz from the bike club gave me a lovely prezzie of Dove wash stuff... and new towel and face cloth! Dead thoughtful - made me cry... (am a tad emotional at the mo)... I need to take in me shredded wheat, sweetner, fibre89, seedless grapes, muller lights... lol.. I told the nurse when I went for my pre-op ... LOW fat, LOW carb diet thank you very much! She sort of grimaced at me and shook her head.. lol She has NO idea what it has taken to get to this point,.,.. and,.. despite the last 3 days foodfest I've had, I ain't screwing this up now!!

As for the accounts.. I can see them sitting expectantly on the desk in my study... I might glance at them tomorrow afternoon when I have a couple of hours.. although I still need to do a food shop for Zoe and see if I can get a soft bra to wear in hosp... there's no way these yukky spaniels ears are hanging free even if I am in NHS combats!!

Right... time to get on... lads are on their way down from oop north and I need to get some petrol... and coke zero.

Blimey... in 48 hours I'll be sitting with me bum hanging out the back of one of those alluring surgical gown type things!! Eeeek!!!

oooh those sexy nhs garments eh?

Just wanted to say ill be thinking about you tons.. and you had best text me or ring me when you get out.. or after.. or else ill come kick your bum..

and ironing? Why the heck are you ironing? they'll just get wrinkled again..!!!!!!!!!! haha..

Love youuuuuu

x x x x x

Lots of love for Monday honey. I'll be thinking of you xxxx

Wow, your op has come around fast! Best of luck for tomorrow, and please do keep us updated. :)

Jo x

Well, in 24 hours it should, hopefully, all be done and dusted. I got outrageously drunk last night and said loads of stuff to several people that was not very clever... ie told one of my mates from the bike club that I love PQm (whilst PQM was 3 feet away!!!).... aargh!!

Feel rough as a badgers doodahs now.... bike club mates have gone home... we went to Santa Pod yesterday and then went bowling... well...I just limped and threw the ball... lol

I went on the back of my lovely mate's bike - yes I know, I know... but I HAD to conquer my fear and get on as soon as I could!

So... we went to Santa Pod and it was raining and cold so we left and went bowling.. then we came back here and drank and ate and stayed up way too late and now I am suffering! I am on water only for the rest of the day and am supposed to be taking my mate out for dinner this evening but wonder if she would settle for some chilli! lol

I have to put together a list of stuff for the hospital and have just had a very difficult conversation with WPML man.... *sigh

I'll be glad to get the op done and get some sleep!! (I think I will be sleeping for Britain for at least a month! lol)

Still... at least it will slow me down I guess.... for a while...

Thank you all for your good wishes, I will make sure you are kept posted about things!

Love to you all

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You had better text me afterwards.. Ok..!!!!!!!!!!!! Wishing you all the best of luck (not that you'll need it..).. and cant waaaait to hear from you.. hehe..

Love ya..

x x x x

Hope all goes brilliantly and that you are soon back on here telling us all about it!

Take care,

Love

Good luck withyour op. i'm sure you'll do great! Look forward to seeing your posts back on mini's soon.

good luck with your op, will be thinking of you;)

Oh gosh! Only just seen this!

Very best of luck to ya. How exciting !

Dearest Jennie,

I'm sending you bucket loads of good wishes for t'op.
I've read a few accounts of post op progress after these things & poor Ice moose definately hab far & away the worst journey. So I'm wishing you to have a tiny fraction of his pain inconvenience.

I know it's a bit late to comment on your accident (I've been a bit busyrecently...sorry:eek:) but please promise me you'll NEVER NEVER EVER EVER get on as bike WITHOUT the full leather/lid/padding etc. you are obviously aware of it's contribution to your 'walking away' from the crash. Just think, 70mph-to-zero in a few seconds with only your body as brakes.
Body armour saved your life:
buy the best ,
wear it always
Look forward to collecting your pension on your own bike.

(trust me,I've seen & treated enough un-protected bikers in my life to know. Slip off a moped at 25miles an hour wearing a sensible skirt & you're under the orthopaedic surgeons for months....I think I've made my point)

thinking of you in theatre tomorrow. in a few short months you'll be buying new skirts & swimsuits!!!! Yippee!!!!

Good Luck FFnF, thinking of you and speedy recovery x

Good luck with the op, take care x

Back