Blergh! - FatFairNForty(ish) - my diary

Hi darling, glad you're home safely, now make sure you DO rest x x Can't wait to see you next week hun x x x

fetch.dll

Hope you will be feeling better soon!!!

Love Mini xxx

Hey hun, glad you are taking it easy, hugs for a speedy recovery

Nice to see you home hun!!!!

Look forward to the gory pics!!!

Nas x

Glad ur home Jennie.....look after yourself...and follow doctor's orders !!

love

Debz xx

Hi J,

Very pleased to see you're back on here. That means you are in one piece at least. I can only go with what the others have said .. get some rest and relax. I'll make sure lots of piccies are taken next week so it seems as though you were there.

Ciao for now :)

:hug99:

Jane,

Did you have a word with the Hospital as its tomorrow morning now!

OOPS:eek:.

Still she's out now so all's well etc..
I'm home! :)

Loads to tell you but suffice it to say.. I have oodles of time to do so and right now I'm utterly pooped.

Op was a success (as far as I can tell)...Hurray!
gory details to follow...will be fascinated to learn more..

thank you for your texts and good wishes... I'll be back again over the next few days but for now really can't believe I'm saying this, but,.. I need to rest. That's the phrase I was lookingto read..
Get to know your sofa!

Am still smiling and very glad I went through with it. Despite being swollen and weighing in at 11 ston 9lbs this afternoon!!!! (heaviest in over 6 months...) I guess that's fluid and crappy hospital food and no exercise!! Will have to be ultra careful with the calories but increase protein methinks!

Please don't worry about the nembers on the scales. you can't have put on ....you've had stuff cut off remember.

Even if the hosp food was more stodgy than you wanted the main thing you will be experiencing is fluid retention. You've had a GA you've been artificially ventilated, you've had a savage assault to your skin & you've been flat on your back. What else?...oh I.V. fluids, ..you get the point.
well all these things conspire to put your fluid balance up the spout. From the obvious eg swelleing at the wound site, possibly puffy ankles, to the less obvious. there will be fluid sequestered in the wrong compartments including interstitial accumulations.
It will self correct!
I immagine you are back on high-protein low-fat low-gi & lots of fresh veg as I type.....fret not Jennie.

..but most of all welcome home!!1

Loads of love and thanks again
xxxxxxxxx

Good morning all

Thank you for your messages... I am going to take it really easy and do lots of resting/sleeping as, to be honest, it hurts to do owt else!

Didn't get much sleep as couldn't find a comfy position in bed... must be coz I can't lay on my back (the incisions went a fair way round sides) and can't lay totally flat... but still... I've been awake since 5 and have just had breakfast... nearly died when I got on the scales to read 11 stone 11lbs! So... 2 shredded wheat with skimmed milk now eaten (and thoroughly enjoyed) and food planned for the rest of the day... high protein, very low fat, no carb (except for shredded wheat) and loads of water! Also taking a multi-vitamin tablet each day to help mending.

Am dreading the district nurse coming to change the dressings as I know what that means re the blisters!! Still and all... only 2 days before going back to hospital and them checking out the incisions, which I have to say, from what I can see, they are doing pretty well!

I'm frustrated because I can't do anything... like the pile of washing I spotted in the utility room... and the washing up... the dishwasher broke whilst I was in hospital.. so I've rung British Gas and they're coming Tuesday morning to sort that out for me... I've just fixed the back door handle as that was very loose (I can manage to turn a screwdriver a few times)...

I'm totally pooped and am about to settle down on the sofa again for another marathon eyelid inspecting session.... although I did lob me hair straighteners down the stairs so might take out these lovely plaits and have a go at straightening me mane... its not been touched since Tuesday when the nurses tied it up for me.... haven't worked out how I'm going to get it washed yet!! (can't get wounds wet an can't lean back over bath or forward over basin... hmm... I sense a challenge! lol)

Lovely sunny day.... matey across the road has gone out for a ride on his lush Triumph.... I'm dead jealous!! Still.... that'll be me in a few weeks time.... hopefully...

For now though yes, yes, yes... I WILL rest... honest injun! xxxxxxxxxxx

sound like your doing ok hun.
we needn't worry about getting you to rest, sounds like you body is got you doing that of its own accord !
take care & see you soon
xx

Glad your now on the mend after your huge op. As for your hair, sprinkle some talcum powder on it and brush through to take away the greasy look (if its there), otherwise ask someone to pick up a tin of Batiste dry shampoo from superdrug, you just spray it in betwen washes for a pick me up.

Good to hear from you Jenny!!!

Gosh your doing so well..... It's so frustrating when your not so mobile and you can see all the things that need doing!!! Well they'll still be there in a few weeks!!!!

Take it easy!!!

Nas x

Boy am I tired! Why?? I dunno... perhaps its all the sports I'm watching on telly - it's wearing me out.

Not much sleep last night again but am hoping that as things heal (and they are doing so very nicely now)... that I might be able to lie on my back soon and get a good few hours kip in...

Nurse has just been and changed my dressings and there are just 2 real nasties now so that's good.

My mate says she's going to borrow a wheelchair from work and get PQM to push me to the pub and back tonight! I'm looking forward to being outside as have been stuck indoors since Monday... but also a bit nervous as I know it's going to hurt... but then again.. if I pad meself with pillows it should be just fine! I reckon it might be fun coming home though as it's uphill and he will have had a beer or two.... lol lol

We shall see!!

I've been watching the marathon - spotted Mindless waving at the cameras! Yeeharr! He's doing great.

Zoe is fast asleep upstairs and has been since about 9pm last night.

I thought I was going to burst my stitches as I watched Never Mind The Buzzcocks and ended up crying in a mixture of pain and laughter.... lol I love that programme but Oh My Word!! It hurt!!

Had some sad news yesterday that a friend of mine is losing his fight against cancer. I'm trying to get transport so I can go and say goodbye to him. Sad times.

Right... off to sleep on the sofa for a bit if I can... although the bike racing is on and the marathon too... will flick between the two I reckon... am also going to try and sort out the photos I took too... bit gory but I want to try and keep a record of things and they are going well. Healing nicely but do look pregnant coz of swelling... still, nurse reckons the weight gain is fluid and will go when the swelling does too.. but still I am going to only have 1000 or 1200 cals a day for now. Never going to SS again and after an op you shouldn't anyway... so... still counting and weighing stuff and have weighed out my food for the day already....

Must confess... I'm a bit bored... but too flaming tired to do anything! How frustrating!!!

Was thinking of seeing if I could drive... but no... am not allowed to for a few weeks so will give that a miss.... for now ;)

Back