Blip - but could i be in ketosis so soon?

mrskyle88

Is it possible to be in ketosis 2 days after a 'blip' ?

I started last Monday and was 100% up until Friday night where I had two days off which were planned due to a massive works function (so glad I didn't stick and be miserable at the meal as I ended up picking up an award haha) and I was back on plan on Sunday. Then I was 100% until a blip on Tuesday night where I had a chippy :( so mad at myself but the scales didn't show a gain and haven't since, I've lost 3lbs since Tuesday. I was straight back on plan on Wednesday and today I haven't felt as hungry, one episode of rumble tummy in work but that was it. Also have stinking breath and loads more energy

Could I be in ketosis so soon after the blip?

I have also realised why I caved on Tuesday and dealt with the reasons so i am even more motivated than ever to stick to it!

It's all a learning process and it's good that you've dealt with and recognised why you did what you did. Your story sounds perfectly feasible to me, if you've come out of ketosis and filled up your glycogen stores with what you'd lost with their initial emptying, then you've broken even. You may have been at the point on Tuesday where your overall carb intake level may have been low enough for the chips to not do a great deal of damage at all on the scales - or it might show in a few days or so. If you do show a small gain or less of a loss in the next few days than you'd expect, that might be a slightly delayed effect. What's most important I think is that you've got straight back on plan, that in itself will minimise the damage done :)

Well said noodles :D

Can't think of anything to add, but well done for getting back on plan and hope this week goes okay!

I agree with Noodles. Some people take ages to get back in to ketosis and others don't, I'm one of the lucky ones I would be back in ketosis the morning after a small blip (like a chippy) and with in one day after a big blip. I also find I am generally less hungry anyway. Keep up your good work!

Back