Bloating

Hi Kimberly try ginger if you don't like mint. It had similar properties. Also many people advocate green tea. I can't stand it myself but apparently that helps!

I don't like green tea either but tetley do a blend of normal and green tea. It's really nice. Tastes like normal tea but has all the properties and goodness of green tea.

I don't like green tea either but tetley do a blend of normal and green tea. It's really nice. Tastes like normal tea but has all the properties and goodness of green tea.

I might just try this. Thanks! Just stocked up on the double mint twinings and bought a box of raspberry and dragon fruit to try.

Yes I highly recommend it. The best ones are pukka three mint or twinings double mint sensations. I tend to find cheaper single mint teas to be far too weak in flavour. Oh and twinings do a gorgeous butter mint one which is vanilla and mint. It's literally like drinking liquid butter mint sucky sweets - just less sweet.
I've just bought a box of the butter mint after reading this and it's lovely :)

I was in agony the first two weeks, so glad it isn't just me!

Well I have to say I was laughing out loud reading all the comments, I wonder did orla1973 find the butter mint ones in ireland, that's where I am. I could always ask my mum to bring me some from uk when she comes but would be nice to be able to get them here. Ladies does it feel like trapped wind in your tummy cos I have had the same problem?

I haven't tried yet fairybelly but I will go into Tesco tomorrow and see, are you in Ireland, Im in the midlands (as you can see from my details at side)

hi orla, yes i live in mayo for the last 6 years, originally a city girl from england. i see you are in athlone, i was supposed to be heading there for a 2 day stay with the ladies i used to work with but on hold now as heading into hospital for surgery. i can try tesco in castlebar or swinford for the tea. i wonder though, does it taste like tea as i dont like it? :

It doesn't taste like tea. It tastes like liquid Murray mints. I've just ordered a couple
of boxes direct from twinings along with some flavoured green teas. Having read the benefits and my friend giving me a box she didn't want I'm starting to convert!!!

Can I do a quick recommendation for Teapigs peppermint! It's pure peppermint leaves, nothing else and absolutely gorgeous, the nicest mint tea I have ever had. A bit pricy but well worth it and it sorts out bloating a treat. I suffer from IBS and I always keep a box in got emergencies ;) x

emsuper your post made me laugh. The part about needing to stick a pin in you I can really relate to.

I am like an orchestral trumpet symphony of late and its certainly getting on my wick.

I have upped the water tremendously but do not like mint at all so can't bear the thought of the tea. Mint is for cleaning your teeth with not eating- yuk!
I feel like a set of flipping bagpipes! lol! :eek:

Give us a tune there Kimberly, I could do with it on a Friday afternoon in work :D :D

Can I do a quick recommendation for Teapigs peppermint! It's pure peppermint leaves, nothing else and absolutely gorgeous, the nicest mint tea I have ever had. A bit pricy but well worth it and it sorts out bloating a treat. I suffer from IBS and I always keep a box in got emergencies ;) x

why not just grow your own mint in a herb pot ? (don't put it in your garden it will take over like a weed!)

I've got IBS and fresh mint made into a tea is a godsend, peppermint capsules are good too but the tea works quickest for me personally

X

Fairybelly, my husband is from Charlestown so I would know Castlebar and Swinford very well. Im going into Tesco today and I will have a look, the Tesco in Swinford is very good, have used it a few times, it is about 3/4 the size of Athlone. Im willing to give this a go and see if it helps.

Hope the surgery is not too serious, are you going into Castlebar or Galway, sadly I know both very well.

why not just grow your own mint in a herb pot ? (don't put it in your garden it will take over like a weed!) I've got IBS and fresh mint made into a tea is a godsend, peppermint capsules are good too but the tea works quickest for me personally X

I do grow my own herbs but I find that Teapigs peppermint is still my tea of choice :)

trumping the night awayyy

I got the Twinnings Double Mint Sensation they didn't have the other one but one of the managers asked me the name and he is going to see do they have them in stock in Ireland and if yes then they are going to order it in yayyyyy

Looking forward to drinking that but for now the mint sensation will have to do, thanks a million for this as I feel Im very bloated this week and I don't want it to come against me at my weigh in on Tuesday

Fairybelly, my husband is from Charlestown so I would know Castlebar and Swinford very well. Im going into Tesco today and I will have a look, the Tesco in Swinford is very good, have used it a few times, it is about 3/4 the size of Athlone. Im willing to give this a go and see if it helps.

Hope the surgery is not too serious, are you going into Castlebar or Galway, sadly I know both very well.
Hi Orla, yes been to Swinford Tesco and it is bigger than most of them, I spoke to my mum yesterday and asked her to get them for me in England and bring them when she comes over when I come out of hospital. I'm going into Castlebar for hysterectomy, so serious enough I suppose. Did you have any luck finding them anywhere?

I got the double mint sensation in Tesco in Athlone yesterday but could not find the other ones, the manager/supervisor (not sure which) said if they stock them in Ireland then he will order them in for me, I thought that was nice

I got the double mint sensation in Tesco in Athlone yesterday but could not find the other ones, the manager/supervisor (not sure which) said if they stock them in Ireland then he will order them in for me, I thought that was nice
that was very nice of him to say that, if they can get tnem, then i can go into the tesco here and ask them to do the same. i'll have to try and get the double mint ones in the meantime :

I suffered too from severe bloating but once I cut down citrus fruit it helped. Oranges were the worst for me. I have upped veg and reduced fruit a little and it helped. I think that too much fruit gives me too much of a sugar hit and makes the sweet tooth worse too.

Back