Blonde Logic: An Adventure in Management

Hi LS - I beat ya to it, and tried that the other nite! :D

Raspberry sounds better though - but I had no probs with lumps - I made the jelly first, and then put that in my jug, added the shake and blended as usual. Smoothhhhhhhh. :D

I will try with Rasp - I think it was the Black Currant Jelly flavour I was most unpeased with.

Thanks LS!!!

And good luck toyou - I did not realise you were starting yout new re-intor already - so good luck to you!!! :)

Enjoy your day!!!!!

:)

HI BL!!

I love your new pics, you look so good!!!

Just wanted to have nose and see how you getting on in RTM, sounds like its all going really well. I still think you should get yourself into the LL mag what a true inspiration you are to all of us!! You look like a cover girl!

Well done!:D

THanks EMz! :D My LLC gave me a form to fill out to submit my befores and afters. Still undecided. Kind of shy and all, and while confidence is definately up - its a little scary. But intriguing. Watch this space. :)

Thanks for looking in too. :) It is going good - it is a challenge, thats for absolute sure, and the first couple of weeks a little tedious and confusing and scary - but its coming together now.

Continued success to you gorgeous - you are off to a crackiin start. :)

XXX

Forum sure has been quiet for a few days. Hope everone's getting on OK.

I am sure enjoying thiese new additions each week - loved having some cooked veg last night - was lovely!

I am feeling so happy that every night, I feel perfectly satisfied - and then the next day - my clothes still fit!! :D :rotflmao:

Hope everyone's having a good week!
x

Hi BL, I'm around and about but time seems constantly short!!! Got my uncles funeral tomorrow so not looking forward to that!!
I've gone up about 2lbs this week and I'm not sure why. I have been good so maybe I'm eating to big a portion or it could just be the problem of constipation (it's been killer!!) ah well, as long as I stay in my clothes and don't look fat again then I'm happy enough. I'm loving the veg too!!! Cooked red and white cabbage!!! yum yum yum yum! :D

Well, another half pound lost last week! It's strange getting used to small losses. My first reaction is dissappointment - but then I realise - I am maintaining....which is what RTM is about. So it's a mixed bag - my mind still wants to see lots of loss, but my bodys not having it!! lol

Lots more to add this week, including alcohol. I am not a drinker, but I am going to have a glass of Champagne wednesday evening at our club meet. I'll be a cheap date as I have heard that one drink flattens you after the diet!!! :D Should be interesting. I will no doubt regret it the next day - which is why I never drink - not worth it - but this is special.

I am so pleased to be allowed things like carrots, and swede, and parsnips, etc, now that the nights are getting cold. I am going to have a nice plate of roast veg for dinner tomorrow night. Looking forward to that - I love Roasted Carrots!!

So - all is going well!

Today has been a perfect day. Food wise (forget about the car BS!! lol)

But I realised yesterday I have been giving myself perhaps too many liberties with the old fruit and veg. Not that you can do too much harm with them - but I began to feel like I was pushing the boundaries and not putting into practice what we learned. So today I got down to business.

I had a shake for breakfast at work. A yogurt for a mid-morning snack, and then a bar for lunch. Later, had a carrot and an apple for an afternoon snack and am now cooking a lovely dinner:

Right now I have carrots, onions, tomatos and garlic roasting with coriander and chives and the smell is heavenly. Soon will pop in my cajun Tofu to go with it.

Then later, will have some fruit and cottage cheese for my second snack.

ANd thats it.

I feel in control - which is great. It's easy to get carried away with all the nice things we keep adding week on week, and I think I was just letting fly a little too much. Even though I am losing still, now very little, but still a loss - I just feel like I was tinkering with danger.

So - buck up - on the plan precisely - and even logging in my diary.

I'm a good girl I am! :D

Hope everyone is well!!

xx

Thanks LS! It feels much better I must admit!

Dinner was gorgeous - probably one of my favourites so far. Ilove roast veggies! The tofu I just cut the square in half, as if you cut a cake layer so there were two squares, only half the thickness - then sprinkled top and bottom generously with Cajun Seasoning and left for 24 hours. It would have been nicer with a wee bit of oil so the seasoning would soak in, but it was nice enough. But the carrots were the star of the meal. Really nice.

:)

Hello ladies! Inspirational as always, to read of your control BL! I've been so naughty really in the sense of overdoing the fruits etc etc. Like you say, its like you just want to try everything from every weeks additional foods! But I guess, just because you can have it, doesn't mean you have to have it! I know I'm eating more than I should, and I'm trying to address that by reducing my plate/bowl sizes significantly. I guess it's trial and error, like anything in life. I just hope it's more successful than unsuccessful!!

Tonight I had some chilli, made with turkey mince tonight in a baked sweet potato - I don't think I will ever go back to jacket spuds after having that. Bliss!!! I'm so enjoying raspberries and 0% Greek yoghurt too. My organisational skills have improved dramatically, preparing my own homemade soup to have for lunch tomorrow and my salads that I have been having. I can't help but ask myself...why was this such a difficult chore for me before?!

Anyway, it's lovely to hear you're all ok xxx

Do you know BL, it was the nicest thing I've had yet...simply divine!! I forgot how nice chilli was and the rest of the family had it with salad and tortilla wraps so I felt like it was a real and proper family dinner. Happy days!! :D xxx

It was, the kids have been great throughout as I've sat there with a shake or after starting RTM my simple meals like salad! But it's nice to be able to sit there, eating what they are eating and feeling confident that I'm a postive role model :)

Nothing exciting here - just want to note for my own -lack-of-memory a couple of really nice meals so I can make them again....

Filet Steak seasoned only with S&P - grilled 4 min per side (do less next time)
Salad of Curly Leaf Lettuce, Avocado, pumpkin seeds drizzled with Balsamic Vinegar
Steamed Broccoli/Cauliflour with a just a few drops of soy sauce and Lawrys Garlic Seasoning

So simple, yet so so tasty

Salmon filet
Roast Parsnips, Carrots, Onions, Red Pepper and Artichoke hearts
Braised Little Gems (Nigela Lawson FOrever SUmmer book)

What a yummy combo of flavours. All work surprisingly well together and was delicious.

For pudding had Greek Yogurt sweetened, a juicy pear and blueberries. Scrummy!

Well, as posted earlier, have found myself full of doubts and apprehension this week....and not sure why. I'm too tired and out of it tonight to go into detail, but I am going to post todays meals as suggested by LS.

LS - you are so clever with all the nutritional values, etc., - would you mind having a look and letting me know what you think?

I'd appreciate any comments if anyone sees somewhere I might be going wrong. This is a fairly typical day.

THanks for all your support today ont he other thread - will be posting again another time there too....

Thanks all

Here is my daily report: http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/nutrition_food_chart.asp?sid=%5DH%29%29BUos%28d%25c%2Fgj%24D%5B%7Da%7B%5Cp%3DrqU%40Rm&iMTGoalNum=86991941&dteDateShowing=12/9/2008&bGetElementByID=TRUE

xx

Hi BL sorry to butt in, sad to hear you are having a rough time. I noticed reading some of the threads on here about the impact of your meds when you first started refeeding and yourback/neck were really bad (constipation).

You have probably already considered this but if you are taking codeine based meds do you think they could be causing a problem again, just a thought x

Back